corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Royal Mail

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Royal Mail
ed

User status: Offline
8th Feb 10 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watching the program about it on Channel 4.

What a bunch of lazy good for nothing cunts, it just reinforces the fact that the quicker they go bankrupt the better
Cavey

8th Feb 10 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are obviously completely and utterly correct, the entire 190,000 workforce are useless and lazy, every single one of them employed by Royal Mail, all of us, yep...

What a load of crap.

I'm not watching it as Gadget show is on, but it's on record for later.

Enjoy paying a much much higher amount to send a letter if they go under, unless you're in a city.
ed

8th Feb 10 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh right, so I've never had my birthday cards opened, had my credit card have to be sent out twice, had a medical certificate stolen and always have to go and collect my contact lenses every month which come in a sized box designed to go through a letter box.
ed

8th Feb 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus you wont have to pay more, if there are more than one company providing a service then you get a thing called competition. You just carry on listening to your union Nazi though.
Marc

8th Feb 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We get customers ringing up on a daily basis kicking off with us becuase the RM havn't delivered their items.
ed

8th Feb 10 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus you send a parcel with UPS and they come to your office and pick it up, you send it Royal Mail and you have to stand in a queue for 45 mins with a bunch of scummers.
Cavey

8th Feb 10 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Contact lenses are a massive ballache, 90% of the time they fit, then they send one that is slightly too large to fit through a letter box.

You really think that a postman would rather stand on your door step in the cold/rain/whatever weather, and write out a note, than just post stuff through the door?

And because you apparently have a shit postman, everyone in the company is like that?
I work my fucking nuts off for my job, and try to make sure that customers are happy, I go back to addresses if they're not in the first time, and on my way home, or I think they'll be in. If I feel something is wrong i'll try and speak to the people about it, and try to sort out whatever problem there is.

Just because you've had a shit experience, and a TV show sensationalises bad points, doesn't mean that everyone in a company is shit.
sxibeast

8th Feb 10 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a parcel sent to me through RM. It was worth about £50, the RM delivery guy signed it to say i had accepted it, and left it right outside my front door, which is about 1 step from a very busy path used by school kids etc. Didnt even try one of the neighbours either!

I'm not saying all RM workers are like this, just a particular few in the MK area.

[Edited on 08-02-2010 by sxibeast]
ed

8th Feb 10 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You only have your colleagues to blame.
ed

8th Feb 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus my postbox is in a nice warm lobby next to a radiator.
Cavey

8th Feb 10 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not in the Union, but I doubt that there would be many other companies that would offer a national price for sending letters from anywhere in the country.

Also by some agreement Royal Mail can't pay their employees less than a certain amount, and can't charge other companies more than a certain amount.

Therefore by delivering everyone elses mail, e.g. TNT, UK Mail, they lose X amount on every item, meaning that they are losing out everywhere anyway, and will probably eventually go under because of it.

Royal Mail is a business these days, not a service for people unfortunately.

I do however agree that I get paid well for my job, and I won't argue with that, it's unskilled work, which involves reading, and walking, that's about it, and i'm finished before 2 every day. Bonus.
Jake

8th Feb 10 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my postman is quality. If im not in he will sign for it himself and put it through the letterbox.. We do sort him out every christmas though
Cavey

8th Feb 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
my postman is quality. If im not in he will sign for it himself and put it through the letterbox.. We do sort him out every christmas though

A lot of people cry about that as well, I'd rather have a letter signed for by the postman and posted through than have to go down to the office to pick it up. Generally if it'll go through the letter box, i'll sign for it and post it. If I see the person the next day, or next week i'll check it was ok for me to do it. If they say no i'll apologise, but no-one has complained to me yet.
Generation

8th Feb 10 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 of my mates are postmen and fucking rake it in I'd love to be one, they go down for all kinds of overtime, start at 5 finsh most days at 10/11 paid until about 3/4 earn about 600 a week
gazza808

8th Feb 10 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be fair royal mail is a rip off,
can send letter and parcel's cheaper with other companies

hence why i don't use them at all after 3
lost parcels,
one went missing for 3 months until a claim form was sent in then all of a sudden one opened parcel arrived,
service is generally shocking IME

[Edited on 08-02-2010 by gazza808]
oceansoul

8th Feb 10 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just remember Cavey, that im sure you have had a bad experience with 1 copper at the roadside and then slated off all coppers.
AndyKent

8th Feb 10 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
quote:
Originally posted by jake

A lot of people cry about that as well, I'd rather have a letter signed for by the postman and posted through than have to go down to the office to pick it up. Generally if it'll go through the letter box, i'll sign for it and post it. If I see the person the next day, or next week i'll check it was ok for me to do it. If they say no i'll apologise, but no-one has complained to me yet.

The thing is, the idea of getting a parcel signed for is so the person sent it knows the other person got it.

If you're there signing your own name, how does the first person know the second actually got the parcel.

Leaving yourself open to alot of shit signing other peoples stuff. I know its being helpful, but if someone turns round and says they didn't sign for it because their postie did, you could find yourself with a lot of questions to answer.
Generation

8th Feb 10 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gazza808

lost parcels,
one went missing for 3 months until a claim form was sent in then all of a sudden one opened parcel arrived,

Who else can you send a letter from one end of the uk to the other for less than 40p?
fir3vip3r

8th Feb 10 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to be a postman, i worked hard. The union can fuck things up and with such a large workforce things will always go wrong.

I worked with a lot of people who put the effort in and do actually care what people think, but then you have the bone idle and the thiefs etc. But this is not just confined to the royal mail. Every company has good staff/bad staff.
gazza808

8th Feb 10 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
quote:
Originally posted by gazza808

lost parcels,

Who else can you send a letter from one end of the uk to the other for less than 40p?

tnt/ fed ex
depends on weather you have account etc

more so parcels, 25 quid royal mail wanted to send a parcel that fed ex took for 4 quid

Generation

8th Feb 10 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much is an account, whos going to get one for posting letters such as birthdays cards and christmas cards
gazza808

8th Feb 10 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

free
Generation

8th Feb 10 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are telling me, If i pay 40p they will come and collect a letter from me and deliver it anywhere?
gazza808

8th Feb 10 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they won't collect just drop it off at a collection point like a post box but usuaully a shop like wh smiths, or at work when they collect works stuff just lob mine in.
Generation

8th Feb 10 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So how much does it cost for a noamrl letter?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Royal Mail 22 database queries in 0.0135500 seconds