corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Inusrance found out about my mods today.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Inusrance found out about my mods today.
Makarus

User status: Offline
11th Mar 03 at 01:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because someone smashed into my car the other week I have had to try and get my car fixed, my insurance is going to fix it then move onto the other insurance company to get the money back.

Well today when they rung the Vauxhall garage I took my car to to get a quote for the work to be done they found that my car had a aftermarket exhaust. Now it aint nowt special 3.5" Internally rolled Piper galvanised steel. That dont add any performance but been charged for that, also told them I have a K&N Panel filter, I have a 57i and had to insure my alloys.

£190 extra for my premium, which is a bitch because I wanted to lower it and put my stainless system on and spoiler on. So now I dont think I will.

Basically I know I should have declared it all before hand but I didn't, silly me.

Anyway they are still paying out for my accident now that I have paid for the modifications.

The thing that really pissed me off was that the vauxhall garage secretly took photo's of my car and sent them to my insurance company. Vauxhall said I definatly had a stainless exhaust and have 17" wheels, I have a galvanised stell zorst and 15" rims..............so basically Vauxhall fucked me over and didnt even tell the truth when they did it. And I wanna know why they took photo's without my permission.

Not too happy but on the other hand safe in mind that my car is covered. Well will be when I take the 57i off.

Had to talk to this woman for 1 hour on the phone convincing her that a galvenised steel exhuast doesnt add to performance and performance increase/decrease with an air filter is negligable. She told me she spoke to K&N and they said that a panel filter can add 10%, so I then had to convince the woman that obviously K&N will big up their products as much as possible.

Good job I convinced her none of my mods add BHP because I would have been paying an extra £350 if they had.

But on my trip I found a rolling road which does power runs for £10, so might have to take it down there one day.
Paul_J

11th Mar 03 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt I will declare any of my mods for the simple reason my premium is far too high already... in the event of a large accident (hope it never happens) I will get my family to strip the car of anything after market

hehe...

Paul J
5RI 16V

11th Mar 03 at 01:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

although its wrong i am seriously considering that too.

if i delcare me mods i'd may as well walk up to my insurance company, take down my trouses, bend over and grease myself up.

well that's the way i feel!

[Edited on 11-03-2003 by 5RI 16V]
DanielJ

11th Mar 03 at 01:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who u with m8?
Paul_J

11th Mar 03 at 01:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with Tesco's and I know they're well gay about mods... so I'm not telling them...

My dad told me a good one, if they ever say 'Hmm, there's a K&N induction kit on this car' I just go 'Hmm? whats that... it was on my car when I bought it'

reminds me of my sis, when I had it laid out on the carpet and she went 'What the fuck is that junk'...

Paul J
Makarus

11th Mar 03 at 01:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am with Tesco, pissed me off that I had to pay extra.

They said "£190 please"
I said "Well do I get a discount for my alarm"
"Did we ask you to add it"
"no"
"Well no discount then"
"Did you ask me to add alloys and zorst and such"
"No"
"Well then why should I pay it"
"Because if you dont your insurance will be cancelled and you will loose all your money, be unable to claim for the current accident and basically be in a lot of shit"
"Fuck you.............CLICK!!!
DanielJ

11th Mar 03 at 01:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u got shafted then m8, u wanna c my quote with tescos excellent on mods with me
Paul_J

11th Mar 03 at 01:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, all the insurance quotes seemed higher this year...

I was planning to go with CIS - but where last year they quoted me £1700 this year they quoted me £2100... ???

and Tesco's was cheapest I could find at £1450!
DanielJ

11th Mar 03 at 01:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im on £586 on me mams name with everything insured on mine (hardly standard is it) full comp tha is mind 4 3 of us
Makarus

11th Mar 03 at 02:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats shit, £1700 for me, tempted to ring and give them some hassle about the alarm and shit
DanielJ

11th Mar 03 at 02:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me my mam an me dad, 95m 1.4 8v, 17" alloys zorst, cd player speakers, 2 grand worth of bodymods, market value of car if its gets pinchd plus the otha things
Makarus

11th Mar 03 at 02:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That really pisses me off, at least I am gaining no claims though.
DanielJ

11th Mar 03 at 02:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ai but i aint bothered at tha price, jus wait till im older then it will b cheaper
Paul_J

11th Mar 03 at 02:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing is - if you prang your car, your mum + dad lose all their No claims bonus... Oh dear

Danny P

11th Mar 03 at 02:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am with Tesco's. Biggest waste of time ever. Rang up to declair my mods and the fucking idiot guy didnt have a clue.
DanielJ

11th Mar 03 at 02:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na they dont cos the old man got a seperate policyon the golf along with me mam plus im tesco employee so im treated nicer by looks
YoYo_Punto

11th Mar 03 at 02:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hopefully my corsa will be totally restored bk,the same as it was when i crashed it. - hence thats y i pay my mods

Paul_J

11th Mar 03 at 02:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the thing with that punto - whatever you end up doing to it, I still can't imagine it having the same sleak lines your corsa did. Good graphics anyway.
Icy

11th Mar 03 at 02:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey some1 hit me other month
told her the quote she sed shes contacted her insurance comp.
what do i need to do? they contact me to go thru wi the work? or do i need to go thru my insurance to claim it back like u sed makarus?

am wi cis no mods declared for 700, 2ncb
Jambo

11th Mar 03 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tescos are lame was with htem wanted to charge me £600 extra for the privalige of 17"s and an air filter

But it depends who u speak to on the phone. They were gunna charge me only £30 extra for a bodykit.

Go with Liverpool victoria. Well good.

makarus how old are you mate? and what engine does your car have cos £1700 is a lot of money!
vibrio
Banned

11th Mar 03 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a K&N panel filter is an OE replacement item. it does not have to be declared. you don;t always fit vauxhall parts do you
Joff

11th Mar 03 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not if you've got a Fiat.
avenger

11th Mar 03 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant believe how many people off this board are driving without insurance, as not declaring mods makes your cover null and void, leaving you to get dont not just for the crash but for driving without insurance as well.
you might as well save your money if your not going to declare mods, as your paying for cover that will be cancelled as soon as they see your car (i.e after a bump)
and as for stripping it, in most crashes they take the car away and u dont see it again till its in the recovery yard, after its already been inspected
so yea! grease your self up to get done over my everyone!!
d0gz_bollox

11th Mar 03 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not declaring things on your insurance is stupid and against the law. Your one of the reasons that premiums are high. Not only do you risk having your insurance voided in the event of a crash but any one else that may claim against you wouldnt be able to.
StuartGee

11th Mar 03 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And those who cant claim against you due to void insurance will just drag your ass through the civil court system.
Can you afford to repair your car and pay a shed load of compensation and court fees???

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Inusrance found out about my mods today. 22 database queries in 0.0144179 seconds