corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Flame Red 1.6 Sport.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Flame Red 1.6 Sport.
NovalutionGSi

User status: Offline
20th Feb 10 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, cant remember if i've done this post before, if i have i cant find it to update it.....

From the very begining to as it is now and the bits i'm doing. Taken from one of my other posts on VODC - sorry if it doesnt make sense in places!

The Corsa has landed! i have now got my Runabout here with me!
has been fairly well looked after although i have had to start removing a few of the Chavvy bits. some dodgy LED door lock pins, one of which had a fault and was flashing, have since found out there are 2 switches in the door bins, needless to say they have been removed. also need to find some replacement washer Jets!

Anyway, shall let the pictures let you know what model i have!

SO its red, and a vauxhall....

Ahhh gives you more of a clue!

and my Fav picture!

Only a few small little dinks on the wings/doors and rear Quarters. small amount of rust on the front arches and the worst panel being the boot! not bad at all for the amount i paid with 63K on the clock for a 1.6 16v Sport!

oh and my arms are now the same colour as my car.... been outside polishing it, putting the stereo etc in, have a Laguna Splitter to follow and to fit CD Changer somewhere! got to do a bit of saving for the Lowering springs.
*JonnyG*

20th Feb 10 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice that, hate those wheels tho.
NovalutionGSi

20th Feb 10 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then i had a loud knocking from the engine, which turned out to be the Crank being bent......

Well guys half way though getting the sump off Lou text me to say about posts on JOV about the water pump. well to start with who the Fudge at vauxhall thought it would be a good idea to put bungs in to cover 2 bolts for the sump? half an hour of swearing at it we discovered the last 2 bolts!
Anyway, i think a few pictures will help here.

Not so long ago it was a white Nova sat like that!
The offending item.....

One big end bearing, when we looked both the bearing linings were on the same side which is why it was Knocking.

now has anyone ever found this on any of their original Vauxhall engines?

That will be the Shell, look at the part which will mate with the Conrod, Dad said he was shocked to see that it wasnt machined to a flat surface! i know when we rebuilt my Nova SE engine they were machined. just wondering if anyone had found the same and if they should be flat or not.
NovalutionGSi

20th Feb 10 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine arrive 9:30am Wednesday morning, that evening had a lift home from the Crazy Estate Man (aka Kadett C Nut aka Paul....) and set about sorting it to a state of in the car that night.

Crappy corsa tight a xxxx engine bay.....if Paul had his way i would no long have a Corsa and have an astra estate!

So this

Plus this bloke...

(proves he does do some work..... (que the Ebay at work gags etc.....))
Equals this

Thursday Morning.
Gearbox was being a xxxxx to get on!

Thursday night we attacked again, engine in, mounted and in the car without the aid of an engine hoist!

Drivesharfts, anti-roll bar and front wishbones on tonight i think!
NovalutionGSi

20th Feb 10 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since replacing the Engine i have added Crystal rear lights, lowered her what i thought was going to be 30mm but turned out to be 60mm! and a Laguna Splitted.

anyway abit of a Detail, fresh cover of Tech wax 2 and some Gold Class Trim detailer which has helpped to bring back the arch trims to almost Factory look!

Couple of Reflection shots.

NovalutionGSi

20th Feb 10 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obsessive Compulsive Detailed Corsa!
Right Craig has been a very busy boy recently, due to over 50 cars from my Work area getting covered in Paint from a local Engineering firm spraying steel beams!

Anyway the Corsa was one of the cars, so Craig did his finest work on it and i;ve just kept up with the work to keep it red!
So even though it hadnt been washed for a week, i spotted a Field that i thought would suit some piccys!

Refelctions

Also thought i would have a play with some at night pictures too, Not too bad for a N96!

Not bad for a runabout hey.....
NovalutionGSi

20th Feb 10 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Final part to this installment!

Since the above i've redressed the engine loom (no pictures) so it wasnt in the plastic trunking which allows the cables to move, which i thought was causing my issues with the miss fire. but i think it could be damp in the HT leads or Coil pack. with the rain we've had recently its playing up at present.

Anyway, just looking in my Photobucket and found this, Billing Last year!

now for an update of how it is now, its in need of a new boot, as shown.

the rear wiper is only held on by 2 bolts, there is no metal around the motor!

So in step Sandsy, who is in the process of building a V6 corsa, with Fibreglass boot etc. So guess whose got the old boot now....

one small spot of rust on it

now for how much i paid for it....... Nothing! Thanks Sandsy!!

been out in the garage again today, after OCD donated its battery to the Nova again
So out went the nova into the Sunshine for abit while i played with the new boot!

Glass out,

Wiring and all other bits off

Process of removing the Glass sealent.

The Rust spot

boot lock and wiper.

Rub down time with the Handy Mouse.....

Bit of rust bubbling under the window seal

around the spoiler mounts

Number plate holder.

So its in a position to be primed, might take round to dad's and get him to weld in a plate over the wiper hole then a lot of Kurust and a skim of filler and away we go, thinking that i might borrow a compressor and spraygun and do a diy jobbie but will need a heater for that!
shaunmods
Premium Member

20th Feb 10 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking nice and clean as always Adam We deffo need to do another mini photoshoot this year! Good progress with the boot as well. cant wait to see the final product
NovalutionGSi

21st Feb 10 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Shaun, have done abit more to the boot yesterday but will be continuing today if it doesnt rain....The Nova has a fare of water.....
Mark.W

21st Feb 10 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like a nice clean motor mate.are you changing the wheels?
NovalutionGSi

21st Feb 10 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only if i take the ones off the Nova for the summer and refurb those one..... So really no, it is to get me to and from work really so i dont clock up the miles on the Nova. Even so, it still gets looked after as if it was to be shown day in day out!

What is it about these wheels that people dont like? not too worry on the comments as i didnt choose them, they came with the car!
NovalutionGSi

24th Feb 10 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont seem to be having much luck with this car...... Monday morning, poping the missus over to get her hair done..... and it completely cut out, it did have a misfire to start with then dead! lucky i got it to the local garage, they have said it could have taken the ECU out.
We'll see what happens but looks like it will need a Recon ECU/Repair that one and a Coil Pack!
Ingham
Banned

24th Feb 10 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You like taking photos I see?

Car looks rather nice and in good nick.
Generation

24th Feb 10 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice!
Paul_JC

24th Feb 10 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good, makes me miss havng a shiney car lol
Linch

24th Feb 10 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks Nice reminds me of my red one when I first bought it, Which also span a bearing after a rebuild, found out that the end of the rod was worn un even, so when the new bearings were put in it didn't sit correct, two rebuilds in 2 weeks, Quite good going
NovalutionGSi

24th Feb 10 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats not bad Linch..... did a simallar thing with the Nova....Water pump was sezing then working for abit. 3 top end rebuilds within 2 months.....we then replaced the water pump!
NovalutionGSi

28th Mar 10 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some more Pictures....
Well have gone for the Semi smoothed look, have do it in the same way i did the Nova's boot and just needs a light skim of filler to level out the wiper hole.
Fibre Glass

2 coats on the reverse.
And smoothed down

Awaiting a skim of filler.

Corsa is back running again following a Coil pack ECU failure!

Well this weekend made a step forward with the Boot, not far of being ready for Paint....
During the week,

to this at the weekend, borrowed 2 hooks from work to hang the boot to spray it, High Build Primer

Rubbed down and then Grey Primer on top of that,

Hopefully this will added to the depth of shine when the Paint goes on! lots of shine in the light on the primer!

have now replaced the Lambda Sensor and given it a Service so hopefully will pass the Emissions test!
shaunmods
Premium Member

28th Mar 10 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks really good Adam! Can't wait to see it in paint
NovalutionGSi

28th Mar 10 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wait that we both will have to sit out mate, Lou's MG has just gone to have the Head Gasket replaced before it went completely so money will be tight for abit.
NovalutionGSi

3rd Apr 10 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well what a few weeks i've had with this car. Took it for its MOT and it failed... Emissions and handbrake cable needed to be replaced. Garage replaced the cable for us, but i went through various options to get the emissions down including the Lambda being replaced, full service and Injector cleaner (garage did this). still failed, so final option, Replace the Cat, even though i replaced it last July, so went back to ATS and they changed it under Warrenty! Bonus! So it's now rocking a Green Ticket for the next year, just got to sort insurance and Tax out now and its on with the Boot!
Sandsy

3rd Apr 10 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

boot lid is looking good mate absolute bargain lol
marc24

3rd Apr 10 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks mint mate
NovalutionGSi

3rd May 10 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After the last service it picked up an Oil leak, which looked like it was the sump plug had been mullered! although once tight it still kept turning, so a new sump gasket was ordered and over the weekend swapped the Sump over with the old original one from the bent Crank XE..... Oil Leak now gone!
NovalutionGSi

22nd Jun 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So with Billing not far away i thought it best i crack on with the Tailgate.....
using the nova as a bench!

Tailgate +

+

+

= all the kit i should need to have a shiney and red!

I then removed the spoiler and found this.....

and the rear washer jet tube had snapped....

and the other end...

It doesnt look like a Sport now......

yet another hole.....

Paint Fade!!!

Next step, the spraying!!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Flame Red 1.6 Sport. 23 database queries in 0.0180991 seconds