corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Advice Required: I have been scammed.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice Required: I have been scammed.
Paul_J

User status: Offline
8th Mar 10 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all, just looking for some advice and what to do about this situation.

Basically, back in Jan I decided I wanted to get an exhaust for my honda S2000, I found the one I wanted an Invidia Q300, unfortunately I couldn't find any uk suppliers at first. The UK suppliers I found were asking for £650 for it! Where as when you looked online, in the US they could buy it for the equiv of about £250-£300 in dollars... So it showed you how much of a mark up the uk suppliers were putting on.

Then I saw on an s2000 forum, s2ki - the exhaust being offered for £520 and he was offering a discount to the first 2 people to place an order!

Whats more this trader (CTL Performance) was an 'approved s2ki' trader... So, all good.

I contacted the seller and worked out a discount and he offered it to me for £445 providing I did a demo vid / promotion of it and him as the supplier. I agreed.

I asked him how I could pay and he said he didn't take Credit card due to extra charges, the only option I had was BACS

- I thought, well he is a 's2ki approved trader' so believed he could be trusted. Then transfered my money to him.

Now 2 months on, I still don't have an exhaust.

Essentially, he first of all claimed there were delays in supplier manufacture, then delays in supplier shipping (by sea), then delays in uk delivery and then silence... he now doesn't respond to any emails. A bit of investigation and I find that I'm not the only one in this situation on the forum, with a few others waiting for their exhausts and clutch to be delivered.

We all looked into this further and he's been scamming people across forums for months, another corsa site, evo websites and more all show he's scammed people. As such S2ki have now removed his seller status and banned him from the forum.

The strange thing is, he has delivered some things. E.g. there was a group buy of about 8 exhausts which DID get delivered and someone bought a s2000 turbo kit worth over £3000 off him (why scam me and not the turbo guy?? ).

... I started thinking maybe he had just gone away, rather than was ignoring my emails. So I sent him an email today from a different account enquiring about buying a turbo kit and ... surprise surprise... I got a prompt response

So... What are my options? we have his home address, his name, we've seen his face on a video on the internet. Infact he was once even a member on here (azzasxi).

(Summary... I got scammed. I paid for an exhaust, seller never delivered... now he ignores my emails... what can I do?).

Thanks people.
Nath

8th Mar 10 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

S2K meet outside his house tbh.
gavin18787
Premium Member

8th Mar 10 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is he in this country?

Im in the same situation on saxp (although only for a £40 decat still not the point :mad Got given a link to a site that tells you how to open a small claim etc

EDIT https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

[Edited on 08-03-2010 by gavin18787]

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Lawrah
Premium Member

8th Mar 10 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Police?
Jambo

8th Mar 10 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beats with a standard S200 exhaust.
Paul_J

8th Mar 10 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
Police?

Thats what I don't get ... if he's scammed all these people for months, how come he's not been arrested yet? I can only assume trying to pin him down legally is like chasing shadows.

He's from up north a bit - WS8 7BN

The problem with having a s2ki meet at his house, is there's no guarentees he'll be there / you'll be able to get him to admit his identity etc... What's more, he'll prob just say some nonsense about delays in supplier etc.

Some one on here must of been through this situation before? what did you do? I obviously want my money back, but I'd prefer to see him not get away with it more.
MarkM

8th Mar 10 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moneyclaimonline tbh. You'll need to substantiate your claim with all relevant correspondence.
Paul_J

8th Mar 10 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
Moneyclaimonline tbh. You'll need to substantiate your claim with all relevant correspondence.

Copy of all emails good enough?
MarkM

8th Mar 10 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by MarkM

Copy of all emails good enough?

Everything to support a contract of sale and he is in breach of that contract. It can all be done online.

MarkM

8th Mar 10 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah and emails are fine - contract in writing. You'll need confirmation you paid the money to his account too.
gavin18787
Premium Member

8th Mar 10 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I posted the link above for that site

Paul_J

8th Mar 10 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool cheers guys - that's what i'll do.
Fad

8th Mar 10 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suggest paying him a visit whilst you are on malaria tablets.....
MarkM

8th Mar 10 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't expect your money back quickly though. It can be a long winded process depending on how awkward he wants to be.
gavin18787
Premium Member

8th Mar 10 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive only got as far as sending a strong worded letter to mine. Probably wont take it much further as its not worth the hassle for 40 quid. Just dont like the principle of been ripped off by some little cretin

Paul_J

8th Mar 10 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just can't believe people can do this shit and not get arrested / criminal records.

it's no wonder they're doing it. Fuck, I may do it and then take all the money and go travelling for a year.
Mistamist

8th Mar 10 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey paul, there are the legal routes you could take, but tbh i dont really know of anyone who they have worked for, go and pay him a visit with a couple of mates as a bit of support, then its down to you, what your willing to do to get your money back. I know that £500 to me is a big deal and worth making a fuss about and myself and most of the people i know wouldn't let him get away with it.
Fad

8th Mar 10 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Woolwich!
Ojc

User status: Online
8th Mar 10 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too much of this going on these days, far to easy to scam people.
Mistamist

8th Mar 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Woolwich!

memories!!
Paul_J

8th Mar 10 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ojc come on mate, lets get tooled up... bring your WW2 pistol.
Liam

8th Mar 10 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's about 30mins from me! I'd suggest you go and pay him a visit.
Fad

8th Mar 10 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M15T XE
quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Woolwich!

memories!!

Me and jr cherish this moment
adiohead

9th Mar 10 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go through his photobucket account and find pics of his tiny balls and penis
Ben G

9th Mar 10 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

christ, i'd be taking a road trip up there with a few mates asap.

book a travelodge for the night, get the monies, stay in a hotel, the drive home the next day.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Advice Required: I have been scammed. 23 database queries in 0.1891260 seconds