corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Scotland » Cheap Corsa XE - £800

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cheap Corsa XE - £800
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Apr 10 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Selling my Corsa as I'm wanting to buy something else that's up for sale the noo!

I know this is a shite advert but I'm nightshift all week and won't be able to get any more pics until the weekend. The few pics that I do have are in my garage and actually make the car look cleaner than it is as it doesn't show the random scrapes it has but I'll highlight them at the weekend! I'll also replace two arches that decided to go walkaboots.

It's a 1.4 Sport shell that has done about 127ish thousand miles (ish being because I've still not sorted the speedo out after the XE was fitted and it's sitting on 122,000 just now!)

I'll need to find the MOT certificate to find out how much it has left but to be brutally honest it's not much, couple of months at the most. Tax is until the end of next month.

The engine was fitted using conversionmounts.co.uk mounts and new cv joints were fitted whilst putting it in too. It is an early dizzycap model that I was told to be on 110,000 when fitted so it'll be on about 115,000 now. Before it was put in it had a new timing belt, waterpump and head gasket fitted along with a new dizzy cap, rotar arm, leads and plugs along with a service. As you can see it's on some random TSW alloys but it has four decent tyres with good tread and is lowered 40mm. I'm unsure of the make as it was lowered by the previous owner.

The engine itself has a slight issue with idling, being that it's pretty lumpy and my garage believes that it's an air leak somewhere that I'll try to have sorted before it goes. It's also currently on a 1.4 exhaust with a fucked cat But I've bought a cat back exhaust system off of a lad on here that I'll try to get fitted before it goes, and it not, it'll go with the car with a wee bit off the price. It feels like there is a slight hesitation sometimes through the revs but I've been told that'll be due to the exhaust, but after 4000 it does go well! I'm sure some of you will have seen this at the RR day where, although it barely idled then (and had a new AFM afterwards which helped the idle a LOT) it made 143bhp and 143lb/ft which isn't bad considering the exhaust bore and cat!

This is more of an essay than a for sale thread so I think I'll stop it there and if you have any questions just ask

Asking price as stated at the top is £800 If it makes this, I'll throw in a set of smoked MHW's as well.

I've loved driving this thing. It's been a daily driver for the last 6 months since Mac1976 fitted the engine and has barely put a foot wrong. It pulls well in every gear but also returns good MPG when taking it easy. I would break it myself as I know it would make back the asking price but I don't have the time or knowledge to do so

Edit: Shit, forgot it's currently using an F16 and had a new clutch fitted when it was all going together!

[Edited on 14-04-2010 by Eck]

[Edited on 14-04-2010 by Eck]
Beato

14th Apr 10 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about the plans? What you looking at buying?
jamesy1990

15th Apr 10 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

il buy the smoked mhw's off you!!!
Eck
Premium Member

15th Apr 10 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone's already got first dibs if they don't go with the car bud

Beato, the plans went out the window when I realised I could have a car with more power, that actually handles for not a lot more cash
alan-g-w

15th Apr 10 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you got in mind Eck?
Eck
Premium Member

15th Apr 10 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A Citroen Xsara
alan-g-w

15th Apr 10 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VTS at least I hope.
Eck
Premium Member

15th Apr 10 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course laddie! I want to upgrade, not downgrade
sri boy

15th Apr 10 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eck
Premium Member

15th Apr 10 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the handling I hate laddie. They can be made to handle well, but a Xsara will handle well out of the box, and be quick enough to keep me happy while I save for my bike test/bike
Pete_vxl

15th Apr 10 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you utter homo, where is the careless Eck that doesnt give a fuck about physics or safety in general? get all the go faster bits fitted!!
Eck
Premium Member

16th Apr 10 at 00:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you not read the last bit where it says test/bike? For the price of the Go Faster bits, I can have 700bhp per tonne
mike56gte

16th Apr 10 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant believe ur ditching vauxhall for a french car!! what engines do the vts xsaras have what sort of power?
Eck
Premium Member

16th Apr 10 at 02:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same engine as the GTi-6, so 167bhp. It'll be a better all rounder than the Corsa, so I'll still have fun but have a bike for the braw days. I'll be going straight for a 600/750 or 1000 out of sheer power madness So a bit of sanity is needed in the car!
Pete_vxl

16th Apr 10 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've changed Alex. Boo you. What does your wench think of this?
Eck
Premium Member

16th Apr 10 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She hasn't exactly agreed to the bike yet And I doubt she'll be pleased at my bike choices Either a Ducati 916 or MV Agusta F4
Eck
Premium Member

16th Apr 10 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, or an RSV!
Shell
Premium Member

17th Apr 10 at 07:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You try and buy a bike and I'll get knocked up.
jamesy1990

17th Apr 10 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
You try and buy a bike and I'll get knocked up.

oooooo thats coorsh
Pete_vxl

18th Apr 10 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
You try and buy a bike and I'll get knocked up by a black man.

She means business Erika!
am4nf

18th Apr 10 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id be asking by who
K3 VMU

22nd Apr 10 at 02:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sell the corsa Eck, get a bike, but please dont get them bikes, jesus, they are expensive and a pain in the arse, save yourself some mkoney and get a ricer that will be reliable and cheaper to buy.

i would love a ducati 1098, but my cbr is so reliable and was half the price!!

never mind the xsara, or is it a cover up story

mac1976

22nd Apr 10 at 06:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mate get a gixer all the way
K3 VMU

22nd Apr 10 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

suzuki build quality is shite !!
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Apr 10 at 07:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah a Xsara is a cheap capable car And I know a GSXR, or R1 (although I'm not keen on the sound of the new one because of that crank so would be an older one!!) or ZX10R or Blade will be just as capable if not better, but I want a bit of soul too...As I'm gay. Although a HRC 'blade would be lovely

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Scotland » Cheap Corsa XE - £800 23 database queries in 0.0111771 seconds