corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » insuring a C20xe in a corsa

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author insuring a C20xe in a corsa
lil ryan

User status: Offline
15th Apr 10 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want to put a C20xe in my corsa and i was just goin 2 put it in and leave it as that but as parents do my old man went on 1! sayin if i get caught ill loose my job blah blah blah lol so does any1 no of any insurance companys that insure conversions and at what kind of price. cheers lil' ryan
Generation

15th Apr 10 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should insure it age has nothing to do with it. How the hell will we know how much insurance will be, dont know your age, your NCB , your location....blah blah blah...phone up and ask your insurance. or try places like adrian flux

[Edited on 15-04-2010 by Generation]
lil ryan

15th Apr 10 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oi pull ur pants out ur ass. i didnt no you spoke 4 every1 on this forum! i only asked if people no of insurance companys and if people are insured what price they got it 4. but anyway just 4 you mate my location is southampton as it states UNDER my name, im 22 with 1 years NCB.
Rich H

15th Apr 10 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fact you wanted to do the conversion without declaring it instantly makes me think your a bellend.

BUT, try HIC / Flux, Brentacre and Greenlight.

I pay £780ish TPFT and that's 4 yrs NCB, all mods declared, 22, 2 years NCB on another policy too

[Edited on 15-04-2010 by Rich H]
Jon_C
Premium Member

15th Apr 10 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brentacre were best for my old one.
LeeM

15th Apr 10 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adrian flux brentacre and hic are ones im sure ive seen mentioned.
as for price, over a grand?
Generation

15th Apr 10 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I speak to 98% of people on here, when I say people who don't declare conversion are cu.nts
Generation

15th Apr 10 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well since you're "lil" ryan I thought you maybe 17
oceansoul

15th Apr 10 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
I think I speak to 98% of people on here, when I say people who don't declare conversion are cu.nts

This.
Alex_Rally

15th Apr 10 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt declare a conversion and no a gud few lads who are the same so are u saying where all cunts ??????
oceansoul

15th Apr 10 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by geordie_corsa
i wouldnt declare a conversion and no a gud few lads who are the same so are u saying where all cunts ??????

Yes. Your all driving about with uninsured cars, thus putting the premiums of everyone else up etc etc etc
Alex_Rally

15th Apr 10 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if ou look on ebay or piston heads ad say 90% of all of them arent declared correctly.
LeeM

15th Apr 10 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
quote:

Yes. Your all driving about with uninsured cars, thus putting the premiums of everyone else up etc etc etc

see this i dont get, how do you think thats putting everyone elses premiums up?
if i had a modded car that was insured but not declared and had an accident theres a good chance my insurer wouldnt even bother looking at my car, and then if they did and discovered the mods theyd just recalculate my premium and make me pay the difference. even if they cancelled my policy theyd have obligations under the rta to pay out to whoever i crashed into anyway.
also the policy is in place and valid until my insurer declares in invalid.

im not saying its ok to commit what is in essence insurance fraud by insuring 2.0 corsas as 1.2's but it annoys me when people get on a high hore and have a rant when they dont know the full facts.
lil ryan

15th Apr 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee_wee
quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
quote:

see this i dont get, how do you think thats putting everyone elses premiums up?
if i had a modded car that was insured but not declared and had an accident theres a good chance my insurer wouldnt even bother looking at my car, and then if they did and discovered the mods theyd just recalculate my premium and make me pay the difference. even if they cancelled my policy theyd have obligations under the rta to pay out to whoever i crashed into anyway.
also the policy is in place and valid until my insurer declares in invalid.

im not saying its ok to commit what is in essence insurance fraud by insuring 2.0 corsas as 1.2's but it annoys me when people get on a high hore and have a rant when they dont know the full facts.

thats how i see it if i crash my car ill fix it or scrap it and if sum1 crashed in2 me ill sort it therefore the insurance company wud neva see it, but gotta keep the old man happy and do it propperly. and thanks people thats actually answered the question i asked. now i can phone sum places and get sum quotes
harrisp

15th Apr 10 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
The fact you wanted to do the conversion without declaring it instantly makes me think you're a bellend.

BUT, try HIC / Flux, Brentacre and Greenlight.

I pay £780ish TPFT and that's 4 yrs NCB, all mods declared, 22, 2 years NCB on another policy too

[Edited on 15-04-2010 by Rich H]

Sorry.
Alex_Rally

15th Apr 10 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

total S.H.I.T
Generation

15th Apr 10 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One dot would of done the job. No its not total shit. its a never ending argument.
grubz172

15th Apr 10 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh alot of people on here are c.unts because i for one dont declare my wheels and my air filter and i cant be the only one so that means my insurance would be void along with most on here and everybody in macdonalds car park etc, doesnt neccasarily have to be a conversion

[Edited on 15-04-2010 by grubz172]
Limecat
Banned

15th Apr 10 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will make a serious yet honest post. You will get slated on a forum for doing what you were thinking of doing, the reason being that those who don't declare engine conversions, who are in the majority to be honest, will keep quiet so you don't get a representative view. You only have to look on eBay for all the wankers saying '1.2 on the log book so cheap insurance!'.

Now for the far more serious part. A few years back I had a 2.0 16v Nova and was involved in an accident (my fault) as I had driven a bit spirited after an argument with the Mrs. Anyway, I ended up hitting another car and the damage to both cars was minor. An assessor was round within 48 hours looking for anything untoward, luckily I had declared everything as the other person milked the fuck out of the insurers, he was claiming psychological injuries and all sorts of shit and claimed he was unable to work again through fear of driving etc!?!

Anyway, he ended up with about £100,000 from the insurers! Is it worth taking the risk of that being on your head when your insurance is invalidated? This wasn't even a big accident, far from it.
Generation

15th Apr 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I can honestly say, when I was randomly stopped few weeks back by police, they called insurance there and then, asking about wheel on policy bumpers, skirts everything! luckily I was all decared, he asked what engine was in there, h didnt check under bonnet, but when i told him he checked insurance aswell that I had told them.
Pete_vxl

15th Apr 10 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ rich!! £700 TPFT for an xe, do you live in Kabul?
Generation

15th Apr 10 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by grubz172
tbh alot of people on here are c.unts because i for one dont declare my wheels and my air filter and i cant be the only one so that means my insurance would be void along with most on here and everybody in macdonalds car park etc, doesnt neccasarily have to be a conversion

Hahha, love the bit about mcdonalds
Eddx14xe

15th Apr 10 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ALL my mods are declared and that includes a full bodykit, i know im insured properly.

But if you dont pay that extra £200-300 on your insurance and crash into a BMW and cause £5,000 worth of damage that YOU have to pay, which would you rather pay, £200-300 extra on insurance or £5,000 to get another car fixed?
grubz172

15th Apr 10 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by grubz172

Hahha, love the bit about mcdonalds

not that i sit on macdonalds just that its a pretty much a garuntee that most cars on there are driving around with all there tacky mods like ripspeed pedals and tax disc holders, rude boiii exhaust etc all undeclared
Generation

15th Apr 10 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or worse, you write the car off, I know what the above are saying. I would just rather not be a pikey

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » insuring a C20xe in a corsa 22 database queries in 0.2788370 seconds