corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Time attack corsa?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Time attack corsa?
craigpcg

User status: Offline
5th May 10 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Afternoon all,

Some of you may or may not remember me but about 8-9 years ago i had a few corsa's and one of them was a C20LET. In the hay day these were far and few between.

Anyways, Am thinking about getting back into the TA and i dont seem to see many if any corsa's that are entering. So been thinking about buying and kitting it out for the TA season next year (2011). Iv had a few Impreza etc over the years and these are a pain and very costly when they break. So The Corsa B seems to be the answer and there aint any in TA just now.

a Standard C20XE wont get you anywhere so either high spec xe or Let would seem to be the answer.

Any thoughts?
Gaz

5th May 10 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

XE engines are getting a little tired now though, If you wanted the XE then I'd rebuild one for sure or see if Vaux will sell you one.

Last year the Chevrolet's in the BTCC were running an XE's
wwwNOOBcom

5th May 10 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you would have to spend alot of the suspenstion to make it be able to compete at any sort of level
Gaz

5th May 10 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You might want to speak to AK actually who used to run a track Corsa with all sorts of gizmo's and gadgets... He is now in the TA (with his Mrs) with a skyline and possibly another car.
jr

5th May 10 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would it honestly be any worse than a sorted 1979 polo, which to memory wasnt the be all and end all of hatchback handling, but still seems to do ok
jr

5th May 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in all seriousness for the cash you'd be better buying a clio cup car
SR91

5th May 10 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bore an xe, bigger pistons stronger rods on tbs with a lot of fannying you could see 250bhp easily?

Then attach the corsa remove everything you dont need, carbon roof, wings bonnet, plastic windows, a nice cage anda decent suspension system will give you a very competative car... Cost you over 5k though...
wwwNOOBcom

5th May 10 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you would be beter of putting a let in it, i standard let would see more torque then a tb'd xe and 300 is easy to get without going mad with money
craigpcg

5th May 10 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well AK spent a few pennys on the white corsa and didnt really go anywhere with it but a think he just got sick of it, which a can see why tho

too get 250bhp from an xe is possiable BUT with a whole lot of hassle and it would be highly strung lol

There are alot of other cars a could concider but il need to just have a good think.

A rekon that nick or ricks cars would certainly be a good set of cars to compete with.

hmmm

Other problem with putting a let in would be the fact id completly strip the car etc plastic windows, T45 cages etc to then put a heavy beast in the front. seems a tad pointless

[Edited on 05-05-2010 by craigpcg]
DAZ1985

5th May 10 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think thier as much more capable cars out thier for the money personally
barter

5th May 10 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

c20lets ftw, but cant see it doin much in time attack
SR91

5th May 10 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by craigpcg
Well AK spent a few pennys on the white corsa and didnt really go anywhere with it but a think he just got sick of it, which a can see why tho

too get 250bhp from an xe is possiable BUT with a whole lot of hassle and it would be highly strung lol

There are alot of other cars a could concider but il need to just have a good think.

A rekon that nick or ricks cars would certainly be a good set of cars to compete with.

hmmm

Other problem with putting a let in would be the fact id completly strip the car etc plastic windows, T45 cages etc to then put a heavy beast in the front. seems a tad pointless

[Edited on 05-05-2010 by craigpcg]

By Barnes' corsa, £8k
Daimo B

5th May 10 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember Craigpcg.

13.9 on Pase 2 or a standard engine wasn't it at Crail? (Daimo, the gobby one from darrrrn sarrrf)
barter

5th May 10 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from what ive seen from ta,dont most vechiles have 4wd?? evo,scoobys etc??
looks a expensive sport to get involed in.do they have classes or is it all in one group.for instance if you built a let corsa would you be in the same group as a evo?
Jenko_Sport

5th May 10 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mk5 fiesta zetec-s with a 2ltr zetec turbo lump?
Rob B

5th May 10 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think your struggle unless over 280bhp plus, and even then with a corsa chassis i think you'll still struggle. Look at the Clio the other year that was in it. came close to last everytime and was 250 bhp on bodies and had a serious diet..
jr

5th May 10 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What, have any of you seen time attack before ? Seriously it will take more than an engine converted fiesta or a phase chiped corsa to actully get anywhere

Like I say, ex clio cup car, faster than anything you can build for the money imo, fwd anyway
Jenko_Sport

5th May 10 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only mentioned the fez as its corsa sized but with far superior handling
Rob B

5th May 10 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My point exactly James, but i'd say a Clio isn't up to much now either, you've got in the FWD drive class Astra VXr running 370 bhp ish ? about 3 or 4 CTRs running around 300 bhp or more..
Jenko_Sport

5th May 10 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i know there's a mk5 zs doing time attack. OC motor sports one
P1CK4D

5th May 10 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would be quite good to see and as you say, a Corsa is relatively cheap to repair when it goes wrong. Wouldn't even concider a XE, a LET running minor more psi is going to be fairly reliable and quick at the same time. With the right set up, the corsa can make a great car, and because you can make them so light, power to weight, you can't go wrong. Would be great to see a Corsa LET in TA
Daimo B

5th May 10 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Along with the Clios, also isn't there ex BTCC chassis cars (Honda Intergra etc)?

TBH, as much as I love them, the corsa would get its assed handed to it. Im agreeing with the ex clio cup car with some money chucked at the engine (Clio Cups use standard engines bar induction, exhaust and aftermarket ecu I think).

[Edited on 05-05-2010 by VXR]
Graham88

5th May 10 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jenko_Sport
Well i know there's a mk5 zs doing time attack. OC motor sports one

That thing doesn't stand a chance
SportBoy

5th May 10 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clio cup with a let?

only reasons i would see to do a corsa is because you like corsas and want to prove a point or your mad .. would cost alot with any car but a corsa to be competative in somthing like ta would need a good 30k + thrown at it i bet.. and then a nutter to drive it like a nutter.

[Edited on 05-05-2010 by SportBoy]
ed

5th May 10 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa's seem popular in quite a few rally classes. There are parts about to make them drive well...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Time attack corsa? 22 database queries in 0.0162280 seconds