corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » LACOSTE POLO SHIRTS - new batch

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author LACOSTE POLO SHIRTS - new batch
BigSte

User status: Offline
10th May 10 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got my hands on a few more Lacoste shirts.

They are standard polo shirts, brand new in packaging and 100% genuine. Literally hundreds on here have bought them from me so loads to vouch for me and the shirts.

Characteristics of these shirts to show authenticity are:

- Devenlay cotton (with care tag)
- Mother of Pearl buttons
- sewn on croc logo
- Official Lacoste packaging and tag

Price is £18.50 each incl delivery

Medium
Yellow
White

Large
Black

XL
Black

Colours:

Black

White

Navy

Brown

Red

Royal blue

Baby Blue

Dark Green

Mother of Pearl buttons

[Edited on 26-05-2010 by BigSte]

[Edited on 27-05-2010 by BigSte]
PaulJMcT

10th May 10 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sent you a u2u
Tommy

10th May 10 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks a good deal, i would have liked a red one.
BigSte

10th May 10 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will get you one next time I order mate....

I've done these shirts on here for years intermitantly, should be able to get them for a while now it's summer
SXIBLK

11th May 10 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what size do you have the brown in ?
BigSte

11th May 10 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont have any brown at the minute pal
corsa_sport_jay

15th May 10 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any medium white ones?
corsabsonny

15th May 10 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a pic of the inside where the badge is?
BigSte

16th May 10 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

List above is up to date now so yes I have a medium white....not got pics of inside but I will try and take one later.
SXIBLK

17th May 10 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

give us a shout when you get the brown ones pal
BigSte

25th May 10 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
K2 GTi

25th May 10 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill have a few on friday..

but you can't get genuine ones for less than £30... so unless they are off the back of a lorry they are fake.. probably wont even notice.. but just saying. I have done my research over the years on these shirts
K2 GTi

25th May 10 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even fake ill pay 18.50 lol..

you got green and red? size 5?
BigSte

25th May 10 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most people on here know the crack with these....I've got a pal who is a Lacoste rep in the US and he gets a monthly quota of what he can buy, he just sells them on to make money.

They are cock on, just meant for the US market so the sizes are one different to the UK.... only got what's listed above mate - size 5 being medium
K2 GTi

26th May 10 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

US ones are fake mate trust me... you can get joblots off ebay or other websites.. ill take a couple though because you can hardly tell the difference!!!
K2 GTi

26th May 10 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not trying to spoil your sales mate.. but, here are things to look out for on the shirt... but It just pisses me off when people try to claim something as real when it isn't.. as I said I will still buy one off you on friday, and ill put it against a real one which cost me £60.

How To Spot A Fake Lacoste Polo Shirt and Other Pirated Clothing

like Lacoste spend a great deal of investment on brand building and quality control. However, with the prevalence of overseas sweatshops and people buying Lacoste clothing online, fake knockoffs have been spreading through the internet marketplace like wildfire and many buyers are unwittingly ending up with fakes. While a genuine Lacoste polo shirt can cost an average of $60-75 per shirt, buyers of fakes are frequently getting ripped off for shoddy products worth substantially less. Whether it makes any sense to pay so much for a mere polo shirt is another matter. The fact is, buyers have to be able to ensure they are getting the high end quality product they are paying top dollar for.

Unlike authentic Lacoste clothing, fakes and knock offs simply don’t wear and feel like the real thing. Sometimes it’s easy to spot the fake, but sometimes the differences are much more subtle. It’s easy to know it’s a fake when you are only paying $10 for a supposedly genuine Lacoste shirt off a street vendor, but what about when you are buying online? Many of the tips and telltale signs provided below can also be used for other designer clothing brands as well.

Here Are Some Of The Things To Look Out For To Determine Whether A Lacoste Shirt Is A Genuine Or Fake

1) The Lacoste Crocodile Patch – Lacoste’s famous trademark symbol is its Lacoste crocodile logo patch. This is one of the easiest way to spot a fake. A genuine Lacoste crocodile should be very distinct and should show scales, claws, and teeth. Any variation from this detailed standard should be deemed a fake, as high end designer brands like Lacoste spend a great deal of effort to ensure quality and uniformity. For the men’s polo shirts, the crocodile is embroidered on a patch then sewn onto the shirt, rather than printed directly on the shirt. In the women’s, it is printed onto the shirt. The Lacoste crocodile symbol should be attached seamlessly with no obvious white stitch marks attaching the patch to the shirt.

2) Crocodile Alignment – On men’s polos, the crocodile is on the left hand side, between the bottom stitching and the second button. In the image displayed, I want to draw your attention to the genuine blue Lacoste shirt on the right hand side labeled “Real” – notice how the crocodile logo is aligned directly between the lower button and the bottom stitching. This is an authentic shirt. Contrast that with the pirated yellow shirt on the left side labeled “Fake” where the logo is instead aligned with the bottom placket stitching. This is one of the easiest way to tell a fake from a real one.

3) Pearl Buttons – Genuine Lacoste polo shirts have real pearl buttons, known as mother of pearl. Since the pearls are naturally found, no two patterns should be the same. Fakes usually have mass produced plastic buttons. The real Lacoste buttons should not have anything printed on them either. If they have the word “Lacoste” on the button, the shirt is a fake.

4) Unusually Low Cost – Lacoste is a high end, fairly expensive designer brand. As such, prices are usually high and for good reason since the products are usually of very high quality design and material. Prices are usually around $60-72 for a single polo shirt. If you discover prices that are extraordinarily different, you are most likely dealing with a fake. If you are only paying $10 for the shirt, your alarm and antennae should be going off.

5) Cloth Material - Genuine Lacoste clothing should be made of 100% soft cotton and neatly threaded. There should be little to no loose threading as is frequently found on shoddy and inferior knockoffs. The cuffs on the sleeves should not appear shredded and the stitching should not come loose only after a few washes.

6) Sizes - Lacoste clothing are sized using numbers, rather than the usual letters or words, e.g. sizes 3, 4 , 5. They do not come in sizes utilizing the words “small”, “medium”, or “large”.

7) Method of Sale and Purchase – Many eBay sellers will insist and claim that their Lacoste products are real and authentic, but 90% of them are either wrong or lying. Unfortunately, even by checking their feedbacks isn’t necessarily sufficient to protect you from fakes since many buyers themselves cannot readily distinguish the fakes from the real thing until it is too late. Lacoste does not have factory discount outlets, but sells its products through select distributors at premium prices. Be careful if you decide to buy through an online auction or through an amateur supplier based in Asia as many are the works of scam artists. I highly advise against buying from such shady sources and recommend sticking with more reputable and established shops.

http://www.moneybluebook.com/how-to-spot-a-fake-lacoste-polo-shirt-and-other-pirated-clothing/

[Edited on 26-05-2010 by K2 GTi]
BigSte

26th May 10 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've sold these for about 4 years mate and as far as I'm concerned they are real.

I know the guy 100% works for Lacoste so I would have no doubt in questioning him, as a seller to me.

I have done extensive research on the shirts and know all about the points you mentioned above.
In addition I have too compared one of these shirts to one in a shop and they are cock on, even down to the style or stitching, etc.

I bet if I put the effort in I could get at least 100 people on here to vouch for the authenticity....

I sell them as original as I fully believe they are, if people are in any doubt then they can go to a shop and pay £55 Otherwise, hurry up and get them bought as I'm off on hol soon and need the cash
K2 GTi

26th May 10 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont get paid till fri mate, but i will have one off you just wonder how you're making money selling them that cheap if theyre real lol
BigSte

26th May 10 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate is allowed to buy them for next to nothing……I have sold these for £18.50 for about 4 years and don’t make much at all now due to the exchange rate being on it’s arse and the price of postage going up! Still, making a little is better than nothing!
K2 GTi

26th May 10 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they are real and you know that for sure sell them for atleast £30 mate as they are £60 in the shop... lol. ill leave you alone now
Whittie

26th May 10 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've bought a fair few of Ste in the past, as well as belts etc. He's a genuine seller.

As for the shirts, they're real as far as i'm concerned. They're high quality. I've bought a fake one before from Turkey, and tbh it was absolutely shit, ended up using it to paint walls in.
cossieste

26th May 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi
I'm not trying to spoil your sales mate.. but, here are things to look out for on the shirt... but It just pisses me off when people try to claim something as real when it isn't.. as I said I will still buy one off you on friday, and ill put it against a real one which cost me £60.

like Lacoste spend a great deal of investment on brand building and quality control. However, with the prevalence of overseas sweatshops and people buying Lacoste clothing online, fake knockoffs have been spreading through the internet marketplace like wildfire and many buyers are unwittingly ending up with fakes. While a genuine Lacoste polo shirt can cost an average of $60-75 per shirt, buyers of fakes are frequently getting ripped off for shoddy products worth substantially less. Whether it makes any sense to pay so much for a mere polo shirt is another matter. The fact is, buyers have to be able to ensure they are getting the high end quality product they are paying top dollar for.

Unlike authentic Lacoste clothing, fakes and knock offs simply don’t wear and feel like the real thing. Sometimes it’s easy to spot the fake, but sometimes the differences are much more subtle. It’s easy to know it’s a fake when you are only paying $10 for a supposedly genuine Lacoste shirt off a street vendor, but what about when you are buying online? Many of the tips and telltale signs provided below can also be used for other designer clothing brands as well.

Here Are Some Of The Things To Look Out For To Determine Whether A Lacoste Shirt Is A Genuine Or Fake

1) The Lacoste Crocodile Patch – Lacoste’s famous trademark symbol is its Lacoste crocodile logo patch. This is one of the easiest way to spot a fake. A genuine Lacoste crocodile should be very distinct and should show scales, claws, and teeth. Any variation from this detailed standard should be deemed a fake, as high end designer brands like Lacoste spend a great deal of effort to ensure quality and uniformity. For the men’s polo shirts, the crocodile is embroidered on a patch then sewn onto the shirt, rather than printed directly on the shirt. In the women’s, it is printed onto the shirt. The Lacoste crocodile symbol should be attached seamlessly with no obvious white stitch marks attaching the patch to the shirt.

2) Crocodile Alignment – On men’s polos, the crocodile is on the left hand side, between the bottom stitching and the second button. In the image displayed, I want to draw your attention to the genuine blue Lacoste shirt on the right hand side labeled “Real” – notice how the crocodile logo is aligned directly between the lower button and the bottom stitching. This is an authentic shirt. Contrast that with the pirated yellow shirt on the left side labeled “Fake” where the logo is instead aligned with the bottom placket stitching. This is one of the easiest way to tell a fake from a real one.

3) Pearl Buttons – Genuine Lacoste polo shirts have real pearl buttons, known as mother of pearl. Since the pearls are naturally found, no two patterns should be the same. Fakes usually have mass produced plastic buttons. The real Lacoste buttons should not have anything printed on them either. If they have the word “Lacoste” on the button, the shirt is a fake.

4) Unusually Low Cost – Lacoste is a high end, fairly expensive designer brand. As such, prices are usually high and for good reason since the products are usually of very high quality design and material. Prices are usually around $60-72 for a single polo shirt. If you discover prices that are extraordinarily different, you are most likely dealing with a fake. If you are only paying $10 for the shirt, your alarm and antennae should be going off.

5) Cloth Material - Genuine Lacoste clothing should be made of 100% soft cotton and neatly threaded. There should be little to no loose threading as is frequently found on shoddy and inferior knockoffs. The cuffs on the sleeves should not appear shredded and the stitching should not come loose only after a few washes.

6) Sizes - Lacoste clothing are sized using numbers, rather than the usual letters or words, e.g. sizes 3, 4 , 5. They do not come in sizes utilizing the words “small”, “medium”, or “large”.

7) Method of Sale and Purchase – Many eBay sellers will insist and claim that their Lacoste products are real and authentic, but 90% of them are either wrong or lying. Unfortunately, even by checking their feedbacks isn’t necessarily sufficient to protect you from fakes since many buyers themselves cannot readily distinguish the fakes from the real thing until it is too late. Lacoste does not have factory discount outlets, but sells its products through select distributors at premium prices. Be careful if you decide to buy through an online auction or through an amateur supplier based in Asia as many are the works of scam artists. I highly advise against buying from such shady sources and recommend sticking with more reputable and established shops.

http://www.moneybluebook.com/how-to-spot-a-fake-lacoste-polo-shirt-and-other-pirated-clothing/

nice story but i think you have a little too much time on your hands to write a nice storey like this ive bought these shirts off this guy in bulk and there good quality maybe if your looking into shirts this seriously you mite want to try getting yourself a more interesting hobby
Whittie

26th May 10 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads of people have bought off Ste over the years, not one have had to complain.
AlexSXI

26th May 10 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the Large one's the 'usual' Large Size?

Have you got Royal Blue + Yellow in Large still?

I know you are a genuine seller because i've bought a scarf off you before so will probably have a couple of these
K2 GTi

26th May 10 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cossieste
quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi

nice story but i think you have a little too much time on your hands to write a nice storey like this ive bought these shirts off this guy in bulk and there good quality maybe if your looking into shirts this seriously you mite want to try getting yourself a more interesting hobby

what you on about you BELLSNIFF I got this off the net..

I'm just stating they're not as real as they sound.. I know my lacoste stuff also.. Ill buy one anyway and do tests... just dont go thinking you've got a real £60 lacoste shirt for £20.. you fucking pleb..

P.S READ THE LINK I PUT AT THE BOTTOM YOU FUCKSHIT

<<  1    2  >>
Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » LACOSTE POLO SHIRTS - new batch 24 database queries in 0.0202100 seconds