corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » F.A.O of those with Eibach Camber Bolts fitted

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author F.A.O of those with Eibach Camber Bolts fitted
Rich H

User status: Offline
20th Jun 10 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seriously unimpressed with mine.

Had them fitted by a garage so that they could adjust alignment / tracking etc all at the same time.

Picked up from the garage and drove to PVS the next day absolutely fine - felt good. Return journey I was aware of more play in the steering and the steering in a straight line meant the wheel was in the 11 o clock position.

Driven it again today and I can turn from 9 - 11 o clock to steer in a straight line and to go round average bends requires half a full turn of the wheel

Feels very unstable under heavy acceleration / higher speeds and generally has way too much play in the wheel for my liking.

Anybody else found this at all? I'm pretty sure it's a result of the bolts and nothing else
Mark.W

20th Jun 10 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i fitted mine the steering was all over and felt like one of the wheels were going to fall off

They waste of money imo.
Rich H

20th Jun 10 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ Yup exactly how it feels for me - I don't feel confident driving it at normal speeds atm, let alone anything else

I think I'll risk shredding the insides of my tyres and getting slight tramlining on certain roads tbh - least I feel safe!
Nic Barnes

20th Jun 10 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

once they are tight, nothing can move. cant see it causing an issue like you are saying?
Rich H

20th Jun 10 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll check tightness this week when I get a minute in case they have come loose (only done about 200 miles on them!) but so far, not happy at all. Had it all done by a garage deliberately so that it'd be done right
Kano

20th Jun 10 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Nic said, if there tight you shouldn't have any play. If your etting movement somethings loose/worn. Jack it up and give the wheels a shake.
Dale

20th Jun 10 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds weird, something could be loose if you say it was fine on the way to PVS but on way home it was "loose" and the steering wheel moved (unless i read that wrong) I have always used offset top mounts and never had a problem!

[Edited on 20-06-2010 by DRS]
Rich H

20th Jun 10 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shall have a check this week when I get an hour spare then - what are the possible things that could be fubarred if it's not the bolts that are loose?

And yeh that's right Dale - was fine on the way up, but as soon as I left the CS stand to drive home it didn't feel right :S
Nic Barnes

20th Jun 10 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check ball joints track rod ends, play in rack tie bar bushes, bottom arm bushes
Dale

20th Jun 10 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from what your saying it sounds like something has moved...... but if it was done tight it should have moved

jack it up and check for play? but it shouldn't just wear over night

[Edited on 20-06-2010 by DRS]
allza

20th Jun 10 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah sounds like bolts are slightly loose. Or else play could be in bottom ball joints, wheel bearing, track rod ends, inner rack joint. Have you actually had camber aligned or did they just set it to max neg camber?
Rich H

20th Jun 10 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, shall report back once I've had a fiddle. I do suspect that it may be the bolts that have come loose - everything was fine up until they were fitted. I also had a new track rod end fitted 3 months ago on the near side and checked most the other bits over at the time.

Car was aligned as close to std. Corsa set up as they could get it - wheels sit near enough straight now and they gave me the print out which showed it all being well within tolerance.

[Edited on 20-06-2010 by Rich H]
Rybo

20th Jun 10 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i got mine fitted the other week and set up by a lad who does a bit of motorsport malarki and got tracking done at same time, i was really happy with the results - he even said hes used them before today and providing they dont take a daft knock should be fine
Dale

20th Jun 10 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
Cheers, shall report back once I've had a fiddle. I do suspect that it may be the bolts that have come loose - everything was fine up until they were fitted. I also had a new track rod end fitted 3 months ago on the near side and checked most the other bits over at the time.

Car was aligned as close to std. Corsa set up as they could get it - wheels sit near enough straight now and they gave me the print out which showed it all being well within tolerance.

have a look, check its all tight! if you can't find anything i would take it back and see if something has moved! I personally think it sounds like one of the camber bolts have come undone! is there a certain way those bolts have to go ie with the lobe at the top or at the bottom???
AlexW

20th Jun 10 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had mine in for about 600 miles, no issues at all?
Rich H

20th Jun 10 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iirc you fit them one way for positive or the other way for negative camber.

But yes, it does seem that something may be loose - I'm pretty sure if it was something on it's way out I'd have noticed it before when the camber was out. If it is the bolt at fault, I'll be going back to the garage for a part refund me thinks!
Rybo

20th Jun 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DRS
quote:
Originally posted by Rich H

have a look, check its all tight! if you can't find anything i would take it back and see if something has moved! I personally think it sounds like one of the camber bolts have come undone! is there a certain way those bolts have to go ie with the lobe at the top or at the bottom???

the lug inside the washer should be either on the inside or the out depending whether you want pos or neg camber,if you get really curious i could get you a pic of mine to compare...
Rich H

20th Jun 10 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Rybo - I'll get pics of mine if it doesn't seem obviously wrong just to check. Mega busy week again though so not sure when it'll be yet!
Rybo

20th Jun 10 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same lol, just get a pic up and theres enough on here who can see if there okay
Tedney

20th Jun 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought mine off wooly101uk and have been spot on since having the car set up. My car drives better with them fitted, would have them again if needed.
3CorsaMeal

21st Jun 10 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what was the garage like that did the camber? did they have proper camber equipment? i had a garage do mine with some manual gauges things once and swear it was wrong
Nic Barnes

21st Jun 10 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is done with manual gauges. Its spot on. Dont see why thats a problem?
Rich H

21st Jun 10 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh they did it all on the computerised 4 wheel alignment system. Heard a lot of good things about them via various people. PD Motors in Billingshurst (not that that'll mean anything to 99% of you lol)
AlexW

21st Jun 10 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does sound like they/one of them has moved, maybe a pot hole caused it

[Edited on 21-06-2010 by AW06]
3CorsaMeal

21st Jun 10 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah the wibbly bolt might of wibbled

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » F.A.O of those with Eibach Camber Bolts fitted 22 database queries in 0.0129669 seconds