corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Well i took the plunge..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Well i took the plunge..
jibjob

User status: Offline
25th Jun 10 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I took the plunge and decided to buy myself a weight bench and some weights just so i dont have to go down to the gym everyday.

Its only a basic setup but seems very well built and does the job for now. I had a good look round websites and local stores for a setup but i was looking over £150 for the worst setup. Had a quick look on the Argos website and BOOM! £49.99 Pro Power bench, 35kg vinyl weights, leg and arm curl bar, straight bar. It took me 10mins to put together and feels solid and sturdy. For now the weights are good enough but i can always buy more. Cardio is done by going for a run so i dont really need any other equipment.

What do people think?

Can anyone recommend any exercises? Im looking to increase traps, shoulders, chest, biceps, forearms and abs.

Im just doing the basics at the moment - sitting arm curls, standing close grip curls, weighted leg extensions, bench press, weighted sit ups.

Can anyone give me good tips for maximum quick muscle gain and definition? Theres no chance im going down the roidz route either before anyone says

At the moment i have very little fat i just have no muscle's or any sort of definition. Im 5' 10" and weigh around 10stone so BMI is bang on.

All comments and advice welcome as always
Conway563

26th Jun 10 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/strengthening/free_weights.php for exercises.
There's a few on there that use a bench but probably more if you look round the site
Ben G

26th Jun 10 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

argos are doing some good deals at the moment. bargain for 50 quid

Marc

26th Jun 10 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you get extra weights that are compatible for that?
scoob
Premium Member

26th Jun 10 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Can you get extra weights that are compatible for that?

yes
AlunJ

29th Jun 10 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love to get one of those, don't really have the space though
Dan
Premium Member

29th Jun 10 at 14:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ull need 3 x that weight within about 2 weeks, i did

U soon gain strength when starting out. I remember starting deadlifts at 30kg and thinking FUCK. got about 2 months in and was up to about 120kg, and laughed at my starting weight.

Since then, i gave up i really need to get back on it, becuase i felt so much better for it!!

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
jibjob

29th Jun 10 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ye i did think that i'll need more weights Its ok for now though. Just trying to build a bit of muscle and definition.

Alun ive had mine outside in the sun. When it starts raining again i'll put it in the garage and use it in there.
MarkM

29th Jun 10 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£50?

Bargain. If the offer is still on I'll get this.
jibjob

29th Jun 10 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup £49.99. Its not on offer either! You get half price rubber mats with it or something but i couldnt be bothered with that
bubble

4th Jul 10 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you want to gain muscle size and increase strength, i cant recommend bns cellmax creatione enough. have one scoop straight after a good workout and it helps big time with muscle recovery. within 2 weeks, you will notice that muscles are harder, you can do more reps, and you recover a lot faster.
Dave86

4th Jul 10 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont see what the big thing is about creatine? ive never personally used it but a few people i know have took it and never felt any gains as such when taking it?

ive tried using NO XPLODE before workouts and i feel a "pump" whilst training, but felt rather sicky with about 30mins into my training but was good while it lasted!

just make sure you arent over training your body, e.g, dont train chest every single day etc

i was also looking at this bench for my house, but dont no how much weight it can take, and would need to spend a good few quid on decent heavy plates! looks good for beginners tho
Dan
Premium Member

4th Jul 10 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubble
if you want to gain muscle size and increase strength, i cant recommend bns cellmax creatione enough. have one scoop straight after a good workout and it helps big time with muscle recovery. within 2 weeks, you will notice that muscles are harder, you can do more reps, and you recover a lot faster.

I wouldnt bother with this yet.

Getting into a good routine, and more importantly a good diet, is much more worthwhile for now.

Then introduce protein shakes once you stick at it, and you are in need of more protein.

You will just be wasting your money if not.

bubble

4th Jul 10 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
quote:

Getting into a good routine, and more importantly a good diet, is much more worthwhile for now.

Then introduce protein shakes once you stick at it, and you are in need of more protein.

who mentioned protein?
bubble

4th Jul 10 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by slowandstandard
i dont see what the big thing is about creatine? ive never personally used it but a few people i know have took it and never felt any gains as such when taking it?

ive tried using NO XPLODE before workouts and i feel a "pump" whilst training, but felt rather sicky with about 30mins into my training but was good while it lasted!

just make sure you arent over training your body, e.g, dont train chest every single day etc

i was also looking at this bench for my house, but dont no how much weight it can take, and would need to spend a good few quid on decent heavy plates! looks good for beginners tho

depends on the person using it.

for example, it should only be taking after a work out to assist with muscle recovery, and before going bed as this is when muscles repair themselves.

if used properly, and with good diet, they really do help with working out. i am able to lift more, and for longer duration.

n-xplode and various other "boosters" are ok, but if you have them on a cycle the body stops producing its own boosters so i have been told.

since i have been using whey protein and creatine in my routines, i have felt so much better, more awake at work, waking early and not feeling tired.

all good imo
Jake

4th Jul 10 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you mean bsn cell mass?
Marc

4th Jul 10 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't start taking anything until you have sorted out a routine and developed a bit of fitness.
bubble

4th Jul 10 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
you mean bsn cell mass?

yup
Carl

4th Jul 10 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Creatine is toilet, only ment to be of use in elite athletes. Unless there has been new studies on it recently saying otherwise?
Ben G

4th Jul 10 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just reserved one hope it's not too heavy and fits in the car
A2H GO

4th Jul 10 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good Luck with the training buddy, that is a good start. I was a little podgy so started training around 3 years ago. This was me last Summer so around 12 months ago:

I cut the bottom of as it was a shoot for an underwear catalogue.

I'm no expert by any means but i'd be happy to let you know my training plan, diet, anything you need to know really. IMO All supplements are a waste of time and money apart from one, protein powder(and even then it should only be to supplement your diet, not replace it).

[Edited on 04-07-2010 by CorsAsh-Sport]
jibjob

4th Jul 10 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did it take you 3 years to get like that or did you have definition and muscle mass well before that and youve just toned it?

If you could u2u me your plan and diet etc it would be a great help so i know whether im close to what i should be doing.
A2H GO

4th Jul 10 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jibjob
Did it take you 3 years to get like that or did you have definition and muscle mass well before that and youve just toned it?

If you could u2u me your plan and diet etc it would be a great help so i know whether im close to what i should be doing.

I was just your average joe really, sat behind a desk all day for work munching crisps and chocolate, had no definition and certinately no muscle, ill try find an old pic.

Im off out soon but when im bored at work tomorrow, ill type you up my training plan and diet and U2U it over.
jibjob

4th Jul 10 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hold long did it take you to get a bit of definition?

Spot on cheers mate!
Dan
Premium Member

5th Jul 10 at 07:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dan
quote:

who mentioned protein?

I did.

My first line is commenting on your post, the rest is my opinion

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Well i took the plunge.. 24 database queries in 0.0172930 seconds