corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » So where do we go from here ?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author So where do we go from here ?
p

User status: Offline
28th Jun 10 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok another four years of waiting down the drain and another four to go. But what now ?

As has been said, why do we give our manager a four year contract, why not do it tourno by tourno ? If he got sacked, he would get paid 12 million pounds, his obvious 6 million a year. I also heard, with the Inter Milan rumour's, we gave him the contract, wth the new rule being he can't leave with out getting his mas compo, or something like that, basically shooting ourselves in the foot.

Who out of our squad should bow out and go in to retirment ? Should Crapello go or stay ? I would say stay, we did awesome in the qualifiers, but wtf does that matter when we do so shit at the WC. The group we had wasn't hard, and because we fucked that up, we had to play the Germans.

Personally, I think we need to give our youth some chances, kind of like the German squad.

I would like us to blood J.Hart in, he's only 23. But will he play this season at City ?

What young players should we look at ? Jack.Wilshire, A.Young(why didn't he make it in our squad?!?!?!?) M.Richards, wasn't he our next big thing in our defence?????

And am I being rather flippant here, but Green and Upson play for West Ham for a reason, they are not good enough for a decent side, yet have played for England, and messed up for us also.

James should retire, Carra should retire(still confused how he got back in etc , JT, Lampard, Gerrard, Barry, Heskey etc etc etc who should stay, who should not get back in the squad ? At this moment in time, I don't know and can't be assed to think about it, but something has to be done. And, a lot of our players are older than what we think by the way.

[Edited on 28-06-2010 by corsadee]
_Allan_

28th Jun 10 at 06:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsasport, nurturing future England managers since 1999.
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jun 10 at 06:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need new players but our leagues are swamped with foreingers, until we sort that out we're fucked
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jun 10 at 07:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres also a cultural fuck up going on here aswell, theres probably so much young talent out there not being taken advantage of because all kids want to do these days is sit inside playing xbox.

when i was young all we did was go up the playing field and kick a ball about for hours on end, dreaming of being an england hero. Kids dont care about that shit no more.

Countries like brazil, there kids spend most of there time just kicking a ball about on a beach
mwg

28th Jun 10 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep Capello.
Get him to stop playing Gerrard on the left.
Bring Crouch on sooner rather than later or even start him.
Teach Glen Johnson how to defend.
Give Joe Hart a chance.
Hope we dont get injuries to key players like we did this time.

The manager and players have all been through the heart ache now so hopefully it will bring them closer together and they can build on that and play better the next time round.

[Edited on 28-06-2010 by mwg]
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jun 10 at 08:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed we dont need anymore changing about, especially with managers
Tommy L

28th Jun 10 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our team is too old now and we don't have enough young blood coming through. Also, i'm certain a lot of our performance was down to something going on in the camp.

Connor Wickham, young, milner. Not sure of any new blood coming through

Lamps, Terry, Carra, Rio, Barry? Gerrard? All step down?

Our other problem was we put our 'best' players out not our best team.

[Edited on 28-06-2010 by Tommy L]
Tommy L

28th Jun 10 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You say heartache matt, but none of players showed any sign of that. They looked as if they were relieved it was over. Watch them go out of CL, FA Cup or whatever and they look distraught, upset, disappointed. Yesterday, they didn't.
Marc

28th Jun 10 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have took Bent, Shawcross, Johnson tbh.
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jun 10 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shouldve took me and ojc
Tommy L

28th Jun 10 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

100% Agree on A Johnson. But he didn't take this time as he knew he was going to play Gerrard on the left. Capello has made some awful decisions. He's either stupid or stubborn and i'm pretty sure its the latter
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jun 10 at 09:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now he has an excuse to change things though and make himself look like a saviour
Tommy L

28th Jun 10 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What did he have to lose? His renewed contract means he is there till after the Euro's unless the FA pay him out loads. His reputation won't be tarnished due to what he has done in the past
Marc

28th Jun 10 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought thats what he was going to do yesterday until the line up showed Gerrard on the left.

Pub wasn't pleased!
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jun 10 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where do we go from here marc
Marc

28th Jun 10 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cavey

28th Jun 10 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd like to see an overhaul for the next few friendlies, don't call up the "guaranteed" players who have massively under-performed over the last few weeks, (Lampard, Rooney etc...) and bring in the next generation of players.

Lampard, Gerrard, Rio, Upson, James, Heskey... etc... will all probably be too old to play in the next WC, so need to bring in new players now, in the hope they'll get used to playing for England.

The names mentioned above obviously, A.Young and A.Johnson being the main ones.
Tommy L

28th Jun 10 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've got the Euro's before that and need to start building a team for that. Not fielding current players in the qualifiers as there is a chance they may have retired? We need a team, not a team of individuals.
Cavey

28th Jun 10 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't say qualifiers, I said the friendlies.

Qualifiers will give a chance to mix and match the new with the old, after seeing how the newer players perform in meaningless friendlies
Tommy L

28th Jun 10 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at the current U21's who stands out for you as these need to be making there way into the team for Euro 2012 qualifiers...

Goalkeepers

Scott Loach (age 22) Watford
Frank Fielding (age 22) Blackburn Rovers
Alex McCarthy (age 20) Reading

Defenders

Michael Mancienne (age 22) Chelsea
Micah Richards (age 22) Manchester City
James Tomkins (age 20) West Ham United
Kyle Naughton (age 21) Tottenham Hotspur
Ryan Bertrand (age 20) Chelsea
Chris Smalling (age 20) Fulham
Kyle Walker (age 20) Tottenham Hotspur

Midfielders

Fabrice Muamba (age 22) Bolton Wanderers
Lee Cattermole (age 22) Sunderland
Jack Rodwell (age 19) Everton
Tom Cleverley (age 20) Manchester United
Jack Wilshere (age 18) Arsenal
Fabian Delph (age 20) Aston Villa
Jack Cork (age 21) Chelsea
Dan Gosling (age 20) Everton
Henri Lansbury (age 19) Arsenal
Victor Moses (age 19) Wigan Athletic

Forwards

Andy Carroll (age 21) Newcastle United
Daniel Sturridge (age 20) Chelsea
Danny Welbeck (age 19) Manchester United
Nathan Delfouneso (age 19) Aston Villa
gravesy

28th Jun 10 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
theres also a cultural fuck up going on here aswell, theres probably so much young talent out there not being taken advantage of because all kids want to do these days is sit inside playing xbox.

when i was young all we did was go up the playing field and kick a ball about for hours on end, dreaming of being an england hero. Kids dont care about that shit no more.

Countries like brazil, there kids spend most of there time just kicking a ball about on a beach

We need to get Xboxes for those Brazilians.
Ben G

28th Jun 10 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GET RID OF HESKEY for christs sake.

i seriously think capello has sex with him.
Tommy L

28th Jun 10 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Didn't say qualifiers, I said the friendlies.

Qualifiers will give a chance to mix and match the new with the old, after seeing how the newer players perform in meaningless friendlies
That wasn't aimed at your fella, i understand what you're saying
Cavey

28th Jun 10 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with you about the U21s squad though, there's not much choice coming through.

Smalling has moved to Utd, which should be good for him. People like Rodwell, Huddlestone, Wilkshire, Gosling, Sturridge should be coming through in the next few years.

People like Moses, Lansbury have been impressive at Championship level, they need to push on a lot, but with the right nurturing etc...
mwg

28th Jun 10 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres only a handful on that list I've heard of and seen play. The rest of them I dont have a clue who they are or if they are any good.

Danny Welbeck is crap at the moment. Or at least he is for us, seems to do ok when he is on loan in the Championship though.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » So where do we go from here ? 23 database queries in 0.0167720 seconds