corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Changes to Classifieds - time registered and post total before placing ads

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Changes to Classifieds - time registered and post total before placing ads
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
9th Jul 10 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've held out on doing this because I think it's annoying and removes some genuine people but the ability to re-register and get straight back in to posting adverts is being taken advantage of by some people.

Would 30 days and 20 posts be sufficient?

Do bear in mind that I don't want to make it any more difficult for genuine sales to take place.
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Jul 10 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes
Ben G

9th Jul 10 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds decent enough, but just means people will wait 30 days to scam people now.

[Edited on 09-07-2010 by Ben G]
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Jul 10 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I appreciate it's not ideal. Just better than being able to go straight there.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jul 10 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
sounds decent enough, but just means people will wait 30 days to scam people now.

[Edited on 09-07-2010 by Ben G]

but also have to make 20 posts i dont think many will bother
Ben G

9th Jul 10 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they could just make a i'm a newbie post, won't take long to get 20 posts.

better then nothing though.
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Jul 10 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make it 50 posts, 20 is easily done when you think about it. It also may encourage people spamming threads just to get past the mark. I agree something needs to be done though.

edit: Another idea would be for someone to approve the threads before they go up, gives time to chek if they have other usernames etc. That could be a ball ache considering how many for sale threads get put up though.

[Edited on 09-07-2010 by DannyB]
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Jul 10 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Approval on a per-post or per-user basis is a massive job. And still wouldn't solve it.
Twiggy

9th Jul 10 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not offer a feedback like VVOC and mig? I know it might be hard to arrange but at least people are one click away from finding out if they are crap....
Bonney

9th Jul 10 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think on Mig its something like 60 days and 100 posts which seems a bit steep.

Around the 50 posts and possably 30 days should be ideal.
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Jul 10 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing will solve it all together, if someone wants to scam money off someone they will do it, no matter if they have to wait to do so.

Is something like this not possible, this is on 106owners, every user has a trade rating like eGay so you can see before you decide to deal with them whether they are reliable or not.

The you can click in to it for a more detailed view

gazza808

9th Jul 10 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The harder the better, stop the scum bags,
The people less likely to scam will already have enough. Posts or time on here,

Also feedback is useless, everyone knew that jay was a scammer and still doing deals with him.
Bonney

9th Jul 10 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I vote danny's idea. Gives a better idea of who you are dealing with
Jake

9th Jul 10 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmsl at ben giving the thick scammers ideas
Corsa_Scotty

9th Jul 10 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney
I vote danny's idea. Gives a better idea of who you are dealing with

+1. Seems to work well on Corsa C UK etc so its worth a try if it stops scamming
lostboy
Banned

9th Jul 10 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

30 days 50 posts imo.

Edit: Danny, you don't use 106oc that fuzzy orange owns do you?

[Edited on 09-07-2010 by lostboy]
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Jul 10 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Occasionally, as you can see by my post count I used it to sell a few things really, boring as fuck on there.
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Jul 10 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iTrader is nice but it's a vBulletin hack and also you don't technically have to be involved in a deal in order to get a rating.
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Jul 10 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I know it's in the froum software but couldn't you make something similar, or is it too much hassle?
ed

9th Jul 10 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those additions seem legit enough. A proper feedback system does would be a nice addition, would take a bit of thought and possibly would mean that you'd need some kind of ad system to prevent some of the itrader short comings though.
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Jul 10 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which I want. Was also thinking about a proper file upload thing for adverts as well so we could more rigorously enforce the inclusion of photos of the stuff. But that is an even bigger job.
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Jul 10 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about using the same thing as the garage uploader?
lostboy
Banned

9th Jul 10 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Occasionally, as you can see by my post count I used it to sell a few things really, boring as fuck on there.

please don't tell me you've paid to post on that forum? Fuzzy orange is THE biggest rip off merchant EVAR!

[Edited on 09-07-2010 by lostboy]
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Jul 10 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paid to sell items yes, made more than enough back I wont be renewing though and we know all about Fuzzy...when he was asking for donation for a new car there was a huge thread on here and he signed up to talk about it too, was quite a good thread.
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Jul 10 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
What about using the same thing as the garage uploader?
I don't love it. The code is messy and the way it stores files isn't very good.

Might just jib the file upload thing and make a proper advert thing. Next challenge is establish how to "close" the sale in order that you can decide who gets to rate the transactions.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Changes to Classifieds - time registered and post total before placing ads 22 database queries in 0.0122821 seconds