corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » End of the road for speed cameras?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author End of the road for speed cameras?
Tiger

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 10 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10723343

If this a re-post, tell the mods to delete it as i'm off out.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brilliant news, conservatives ftw
Phillips_91

22nd Jul 10 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hoorah!!
MarkSport

22nd Jul 10 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm so buying one on ebay next year
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
22nd Jul 10 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not all good news, they want to divert the money to 'engineering solutions' - speed bumps.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hate speed bumps but at least they will be confined to quiter roads and estates, wont have to worry about doing 55 on a 50mph main road
fir3vip3r

22nd Jul 10 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id rather speed cameras than bumps.
Mieran

22nd Jul 10 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That milf only said that cos she doesn't wana lose her job
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

point was that although bumps are crap, id rather no cameras and a few bumps rather then loads of cameras and no bumps

no cameras and loads of bumps would be worse but that wont happen
pow
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bumps would be a fucking nightmare in my car
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but bumps wont be down every road speed cameras are, the most annoying cameras are ones on places like 50 duel carriage ways, motorways, main roads.

they will only put bumps down very minor roads
pow
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I honestly don't mind the fixed ones, it's those BASTARD mobile vans that can quite happily suck on my left one
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont mind fixed ones in my area as i know where they are, annoy me when they are placed on a road in an unknown town and shit you up when they appear from nowhere
Adam-D

22nd Jul 10 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personly i think they should gib cameras, bumps, and engineer the roads better.

one thing i learnt driving in europe.... first 5 mins back in this country and the roads are rubbish.
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hardly any speed cameras up here, infact there's none around my area, even in Perth.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep

..maybe by engineering they mean the chicane type designs they employ in germany
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or maybe just signs with RACEN IST OUT written on them
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Jul 10 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would rather cameras than bumps in residential areas, largely because I don't generally speed and bumps penalise me even when I'm driving at the speed limit.

Bumps, like road tax, are not fair. Say what you like about speed cameras but they actually only affect people who speed.

Whether speed is the contributory factor to many accidents is another debate. Biggest undermining factor for me is that you can driving along putting your make-up on in a double-glazed SUV and cause more damage than someone paying attention in a lowered Corsa, but when I'm in a lowered Corsa I'll suffer from road engineering even though I'm operating probably within the law and definitely within tolerance according to the road conditions.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id prefer Germany's methods then any of it it tbh.

We still dont know what engineering means, could mean bumps but we can only hope they are taking tips from europes methods
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Jul 10 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or Holland where they removed traffic lights and let everyone get on with it. I've never, ever queued at a set of broken traffic lights and never had an accident at them. And yet I queue daily and see accidents at working ones.
pow
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with Ian here, but, idiots that don't understand the give way to the right rule or have an common sense cause the accidents in situations like that.
Steve X16XE

22nd Jul 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have a standard car then speed bumps (them half ones) are pointless. Do 35mph over them and you can't even feel them.

Only people who uprate their suspension or give a crap about their cars are affected by speed bumps. I'm in a courtesy car and you just don't feel them anymore.
Anty
Premium Member

23rd Jul 10 at 03:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i was 9 yrs old, i had to appear on bbc midlands today to pomote speed bumps lmao only becuase i got run over by a van , and i wish i didnt bothe going on tv lol
Tiger

23rd Jul 10 at 06:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in 30/40mph zones I don't speed, but when I get on a nice stretch of road I like to stretch the beasts legs. I consider myself a fairly competent driver (we have done numerous advanced driving school courses as it lowers the companies insurance on the vans) but you cant do anything but be examining every detail in the laybys and other hiding places around that the mobile traps and speed cameras appear.

I like seeing them damaged, broken and with bags over them saying no longer in use like on the a46 near baggington airport nr coventry.
dannymccann

23rd Jul 10 at 06:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im all for speed cameras in 30 zones / outside schools etc.

Im not for speed cameras on the motorways / dual carriageways / perfectly straight with fields either side NSL roads where it is perfectly safe to be doing 100mph, not that my car can manage this speed without destroying my ear drums

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » End of the road for speed cameras? 22 database queries in 0.0110910 seconds