corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » arden blue X16XE<<Forsale //astra bertone se2 New car

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author arden blue X16XE<<Forsale //astra bertone se2 New car
ash-ov-boro

User status: Offline
   12th Aug 10 at 03:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well first off lads and lasses this is my first car first project it wont be a fast project just slowly getting along with it ..

i bought the corsa back in september 2009 but i didnt pass my test for months after.. i passed my test about 2 months ago maybe a little more been insured since i passed its a little 1.0 12v breeze heep of shite it is but i bought it cause it needed a little clean up and a few parts ect:

ive got some pics of how it looked standard when i bought it but sorry to say the pics of the standard car is off google as i didnt take no pics of mine standard but heres some pics of how mine looked when i bought it from a lad ive known for a few years for a bargain price of £250 12 months MOT & no TAX

only thing different between that and mine when i bought it is that has no dents,no rust,no scratches,cleener wheel trims mine where kurbed and tatty and mine had black wing mirrors and no aerial

i got mine for £250 cause mine had a slow front end knock only things damaged where bonnet passengers wing & front bumper and it wasnt reported to insurance so i snapped it

heres a few pics of mine i took today when i had some spare time not the best pics as it was off a shitty camera phone

this is how it stands now at the moment

so heres the pics for now i will go into more detail in the morning as i have only done this cause i couldnt sleep so im going to go try and get a few hours and will update it in the morining with a little more detail and what i have got for it up too now

[Edited on 12-08-2010 by ash-ov-boro]

[Edited on 12-08-2010 by ash-ov-boro]

[Edited on 09-05-2011 by ash-ov-boro]

[Edited on 23-05-2011 by ash-ov-boro]

[Edited on 30-08-2011 by ash-ov-boro]

[Edited on 04-09-2011 by ash-ov-boro]
ash-ov-boro

13th Aug 10 at 01:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well couldnt make it back on too update it this morning and just found a little more spare time to come back on ..

well about two weeks ago i come across a corsa sport for a bargain price of £130 no tax or test it has had a front and rear end shunt and went through the insurance the lad got his claim and got to keep the car so he was selling it off cheap to get it off his drive .. his dad was going nuts it had been standing doing nothing for 6 to 8 months so i went up and the car looked a heap of shite but the engine sounded sweet as a nut no rattle's or tapping and there was a bit of black smoke coming out of the exhaust so i asked the lad to let it run for 5-10 minutes and it cleared so it was a done deal

so far ive stripped the full car apart from rear coilovers, front springs engine,engine loom, dash loom,doors,wings,boot,bonnet thats all thats left to come off this weekend the engine will be coming out hopefully if the weather perks up and the rest of the stuff will be coming off as soon as the engines out will get some pics up of the car but there isnt much to take pics of engine will have most parts ect: re new'd and engine will b painted up

future plans for the arden blue corsa will be

..EXTERIOR..

new bonnet (mines rusted & stone chipped & dented
new wings (drivers side rusted scab) (passenger side dented & out of shape)
new splitter painted mine and it looks awfull (big mistake)
smoked rear lights or mhw's
a nice pair of morettes (bought some but they where f*c*ed so they went back)
gsi smoothed front bumper
gsi spoiler
gsi side skirts
all the bumper tops & arches done properly (done them with rattle cans another mistake)
smooth boot remove lock & wiper & number plate recess
some speedline alessio's or ceasaro's
electric mirrors donated from sport
mudflaps gm ones
wind deflectors
a nice full exhaust system for the sport engine
clean the underside of the car clear it of rust & under body seal it
sort the tiny dents in body work & scratches

thats all i can think of up too now for the exterior

..INTERIOR..

dont really have nothing planned for the interior as of yet

blue led lights in dash,clocks,hi & low beam switch
electric windows donated from the sport
white lockwood dials donated from the sport
either the sport interior or calibra black leathers or i have black & blue reclining leather bucket seats
was thinking of spraying dash and plastic panels piano black with some arden blue bits
decant head unit thinking about this>> ( Alpine ida-x303)
some decant door speakers & matching 6x9's for parcel shelf

thats all i can think of off the top of my head

If any of use want to share some idea's i dont mind at all Comments welcome
vaux.dan

13th Aug 10 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics of the sport?
ash-ov-boro

13th Aug 10 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will get some up tomorrow when i go down my mates to take engine out
ash-ov-boro

14th Aug 10 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt go to take the engine out today was busy so will be tomorrow after my dinner pics defoe's tomorrow
ash-ov-boro

18th Aug 10 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a few pics of the sport im taking the engine from it needs a good clean & painting the engine but it runs sweet few pics of how it stands now nothing really to take a pic of

just bought an engine crane last week for £30 quid so that will come in handy sealey one it is

[Edited on 18-08-2010 by ash-ov-boro]
ash-ov-boro

19th Aug 10 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been up to ma mates to do the car today only stayed for an hour or so got the drive shafts off the sport front suspension disks, calipers disconected rev & clutch cables disconected most of the wires pulled some through into the car got the radiator off dropped all the fluids out ready for new stuff also took the lower roll bar off will get some pics up tomorrow as im going down there early to drop the engine out as it got dark by the time i had a chance to get up there and take some stuff off

tbh the engine isnt too bad its just loose surface rust should look nice painted up will do a before & after pics of the engne just to see the differnce going to order some new parts to go on it like gaskets and stuff might aswell do it whilst its out the car rather than a few month down the line and having to do it whilst its in the car

been lookin at the silicone hoses might get some to smarten the engine up

what should i renew on the engine whilst its out got a few things i want to renew just want to know what use would renew whilst its out case ive forgot out
ash-ov-boro

20th Aug 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well got the engine out today was pissing down but i was sick of not getting it over & done with its now out my mates garden on a piece of wood on a jack coved it wit tarpaulin so no wet gets in im going to take the mounts off the engine tomorrow steep them in vinegar overnigh clean them up & paint them ong to go to godfreys auto parts tomorrow for some hammerite smooth silver & smooth black to do the engine going get as much rust off as i can first though

battery on phone died will get some more pics tomorrow

AlexW

20th Aug 10 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How the hell are you going to insure it if you have only just passed your test?....
vaux.dan

20th Aug 10 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
How the hell are you going to insure it if you have only just passed your test?....

do what most corsa owners do and dont declare it
kris-s

20th Aug 10 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you talking about dan every one on here declares and insures there corsas properly dont they
ash-ov-boro

21st Aug 10 at 06:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will all be done legit i am going to declare it all properly and im going to ask insurance how much more its going to be if i swap engines over even if i have to wait till i have a years no claims i will wait
ash-ov-boro

21st Aug 10 at 06:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all modifications have been added on my insurance policy so why would i not declare it if i have declared everything else tht on my car

[Edited on 21-08-2010 by ash-ov-boro]
kris-s

21st Aug 10 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a wasnt having a go mate a was bein sarcastic
vaux.dan

21st Aug 10 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ash-ov-boro
all modifications have been added on my insurance policy so why would i not declare it if i have declared everything else tht on my car

they'll rape the fucking arse off you, i dropped the x16xe in mine, they wanted 7k. thats why people dont declare! we all know your not going to declare it because your going to get a stupid quote
ash-ov-boro

21st Aug 10 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kris-s
a wasnt having a go mate a was bein sarcastic

no problem at all mate
ash-ov-boro

21st Aug 10 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vaux.dan
quote:
Originally posted by ash-ov-boro

they'll rape the fucking arse off you, i dropped the x16xe in mine, they wanted 7k. thats why people dont declare! we all know your not going to declare it because your going to get a stupid quote

7K dan ? really they wanted that much it shouldnt be so bad if i wait for a years no claims should it .. and when you dropped the x16xe in and tryed to insure it and they said 7k what did you do take the engine back out ? or just not declare it ? im wanting to do it all legit but if its going to be anywhere near 7 grand i would rather stick to the 1.0 12v
Matty SRi

21st Aug 10 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright mate, not a bad little project ya got goin there. could turn out pretty nice. where bouts in boro u from?
andyjmc

21st Aug 10 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice car mate gonna look mint when its finished.
AlexW

21st Aug 10 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a insurance quote before putting the engine in.
ash-ov-boro

21st Aug 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matty SRi im right next to the town in boro mate

andyjmc hopefully it will be nice

and Thats what i intend to do before putting it in AW06

vaux.dan

21st Aug 10 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i never declared it along with 3/4's of the sites members
ash-ov-boro

22nd Aug 10 at 02:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just paid for a set of four GM Vauxhall mudflaps will be fitted as soon as they arrive & later on today i will be finishing off stripping the corsa so the shell can go to the scrappy will get pics of engine today going down to strip some parts of the engine too just so i can clean them up & get them painted will be painting the engine through the week most probz
ash-ov-boro

23rd Aug 10 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

weathers been shite since the day we got engine out if it holds off today and doesnt rain will pop down my mates again and start strippin some parts of the engine ready for paint ..

will be popping into halfrauds or godfreys on the way for the paint

dont really know what colour to do engine

either all silver with sump & engine mounts black

or use some blue what ive got left over from the calipers & drums with silver

probz will just go for the plain silver look let me know what use thnk i should do im going to grab some breakfast ect: then will be going to get paint then off to my mates

will also be cleaning up the sport calipers,springs & front anti roll bar & some other bits & bobs

[Edited on 23-08-2010 by ash-ov-boro]
ash-ov-boro

23rd Aug 10 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well as soon as i bought the paint it pissed down so didnt get nothing done today hopefully it will be nice tomorrow after all the rain we have had i just went for silver smooth hammerite paint for the engine but i have some smooth blue hammerite left over so might end up painting a few small bits in the blue aswell

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » arden blue X16XE<<Forsale //astra bertone se2 New car 23 database queries in 0.0141881 seconds