corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ever had to outrun the police?

Poll: Ever had to outrun the police?
  YES
  NO

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ever had to outrun the police?
BluKoo

User status: Offline
20th Aug 10 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't incriminate yourself by giving details etc (unless you want to), but have you ever had to outrun the police in your car to avoid a speeding ticket or other conviction?

I know its not big, and its not clever, but i'm curious.

[Edited on 20-08-2010 by BluKoo]
dan_m1les

20th Aug 10 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes - other
Budgie

20th Aug 10 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep. felt like torreto when i had to park up and walk away all nonchalant true story

It was funny when i did. coz i as i left my car i realised the exhaust was still glowing.

i was hopin to funk that they wouldnt come up the close i parked up in.

i did feel a lil sorry the turbo aswell not getting a cool down time

[Edited on 20-08-2010 by Budgie]
chloe16v

20th Aug 10 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i was foolish enough to stop 70+ in a 40, 3 points and £60 fine
Tommy L

20th Aug 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but by accident. I thought it was big black men coming after me, turned out it wasn't and was the rozzers
nathy_87

20th Aug 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, but I've always wanted to just for the adreline rush.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

20th Aug 10 at 14:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, was doing way over the limit on my way back to work one night. they were going the opposite way but i saw them turn round. so just leathered it
3CorsaMeal

20th Aug 10 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only once and it turned out to be an ambulance on its way to an accident
Xs

20th Aug 10 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought about it when I was caught doing way over the speed limit on the motorway, apprarently alsmot double... But my bottle went and I stopped. Wish I hadnt cause either way I am going to be shafted, at least the other way I would have had a good story to tell in the pub or I might even have got away.

Bart

20th Aug 10 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as young kids on private property, was hilarous at the time as we were on foot with the advantage.
Ben D

20th Aug 10 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea once had an iffy moment in my old Classic Scooby infront of a 3 series and had to err disappear changed cars 15 minutes later got pulled by it and learnt it was also camera car for well known Telly program

I also used to play with the local Astra's / Transits in my Golf GTi but did it in a way so it couldn't be considered failing to stop really infuriated them
Daimo B

20th Aug 10 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes

till they turned the lights on the unmarked car.

Still, lasted 9 miles

I've had the odd old bill car slam on the brakes and do a U turn when on the bike. Stop or pin????

PIN and don't look back

[Edited on 20-08-2010 by Daimo B]
Aaron

20th Aug 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually, yes I have.

Tanking my car down the M62....and as I was coming up to an motorway bridge (road), a set of blue flashing lights came on, and I obviously thought he'd gunned me and was coming to rape me (I was going over a ton)

Anyway, I slowed down to 90 for a while, then realised that if he caught me, I was going to be banned anyway. I put my foot back in it and got off the motorway. I parked up and sat there for an hour lol.

I aren’t proud of what I did, and I never go over 80 on the motorway these days. This is for two reasons...1, my car drinks fuel when I go that speed...and 2, my best friend was killed in a car crash only months after this ("Mooseboy" from this forum).

Funnily enough, tomorrow night is the 6th anniversary of his crash/death

EDIT - the "chase" i was in was at night...and for the following few months, i was shitting myself for a letter to come through the post to say that i was going to be shafted.

[Edited on 20-08-2010 by Aaron]
jmepamplin

20th Aug 10 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
I also used to play with the local Astra's / Transits in my Golf GTi but did it in a way so it couldn't be considered failing to stop really infuriated them

Just curious, but how?
stubs

20th Aug 10 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Afraid to say yes I have... driving very fast one morning on a dual carriageway (70-limit) and shot past a parked up motorway patrol who took chase.

I decided that they hadn't got my reg as they were tucked away in a dug out section with only a side view. There was about 7 cars between us when I saw the blue lights appear and I was approaching a long left-hand bend.

I kept it firmly planted and took the 1st exit after the bend onto a large industrial estate that I knew had another few ways off it. I could see they hadn't appeared in sight from the bend as I left the carriage way so I did a few left-right-left-right's, parked and jumped out and threw on a different coloured jumper.

Hid out for a bit until I was happy they'd gone further up the carriage way and sheepishly got back in the car and left the ind.estate a different way.

I was bricking it, and it wasn't a very nice feeling... made me realise how lucky I was to have got away with it without conviction and without injury. The "what if..." question still haunts me today and makes me drive in a way that prevents ever having to make that horrible choice again.

It's not big and not clever and I'm very ashamed of it. For what started out a late rush into work, ended up making me late and that was the best result... could have been a lot worse! It's not made me better at getting to work on time, but it's made me accept that I'm going to be late instead of driving daft to try and make up for it.
AlunJ

20th Aug 10 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not personally but I have been in someone elses car and they had to
Edd

20th Aug 10 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me going one way them going the other lights came on as if to stop i just planted it

did strangely feel like toretto aswell tbh
Graham88

20th Aug 10 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer many a time. Only if I think I'll definetly get away. It's a good adrenaline rush but not something I'd like to get used too.

The thing that worries me most is if something mechanical went wrong whilst you were trying to get away.
Jamie-C

20th Aug 10 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you not fucked if they are recording and have your registration number though?

I've only been driving 2 months, haven't had to outrun them yet

[Edited on 20-08-2010 by Jamie-C]
Ingham
Banned

20th Aug 10 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, parked up and pissed off.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Aug 10 at 14:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like the frequency of posters in here, and how it matches up with the frequency of posters in the Top Speed thread
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

20th Aug 10 at 14:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes on a moto-x bike!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
adiohead

20th Aug 10 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I've have to out run nutters trying to stab me for being quicker than them though.
scoob
Premium Member

20th Aug 10 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

panda car did a u turn as i was over taking somone one night in my wrx i pulled into a side road and shot off.

also in my 1.2 8v corsa i was getting a blow job while driving and a traffic cop saw her head come up he tried to do a u turn but there was to much traffic.
Neo

20th Aug 10 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually I said no, but through not even trying did

On the dual carriage way from eton to windsor at about 11pm on new years eve, joined the main dual carriageway a bit quick (maybe 75/80 leptons so in reality probably 70). 20 seconds later saw in the mirror about 1/4 of a mile down the road blue lights, lifted off and he pulled me off at the first chance and stopped outside my old school.

First thing he said was "why were you trying to get away from us?" followed by "how fast were you going as we were doing over a 110 to keep up with you"

I just looked at him, said I was doing 70 the whole time. They then checked the whole car over (only a month or so old at that point), checked tyres, breathalised me and had me there till nearly quarter to midnight, ruined my night the cunts ! Didn't do me for anything, just issued a producer (even though I had a copy of my insurance policy and my driving license on me) and sent me on my way. Took the royal piss !

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ever had to outrun the police? 23 database queries in 0.0151579 seconds