corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Over priced????

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Over priced????
Mark.W

User status: Offline
7th Sep 10 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Test drove this little beaut on Saturday and really like like but not sure if its over priced as a couple people have said to me that it is

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201036367445043/sort/locasc/usedcars/model/astra/make/vauxhall/postcode/dh96tq/keywords/sri/radius/1500/page/1?logcode=p

I done the evaluation check through the dvla text text check based on 30k mileage and come back as.

£8,502 fore court
£6,921 trade in
£7,118 private
£6,525 auction

[Edited on 07-09-2010 by wooly101uk]
Ingham
Banned

7th Sep 10 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes that is overpriced, you have just answered that yourself pal
ste_p23

7th Sep 10 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id try and get them to knock 1k off as it is over priced
Mark.W

7th Sep 10 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much do you reckon its worth?

The dealer seems pretty reluctant to drop much,only says about £150-200 he would nock off and i would need to tax it which £110 for 6 months or £200 for the year.

Really thought he drop a bit more off when i said i would be paying cash.
Twiggy

7th Sep 10 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look at the bottom of those prices... That is where you need to look and then get a £200 stand alone warrenty imo. Its an Astra so wont be hard to track one...

Mark.W

9th Sep 10 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE.

Bit of an update,went back n monday with my uncle to see what he thought and my uncle point blank told him its overpriced but the dealer wouldnt have it so we walked away.

Then on tuesday i get a txt from him to say check my email and sent me an email assuring me this is the cheapest 1.8 sri+ withing a 100 miles and linked me to 10 other astra and at least 5 of them were 1-2 years newer with less miles and the other half which was around the say year as the one he had in had less miles on them and under 9k.

So i done a bit looking round on auto trader and found 4 astras that were newer with less miles and would come with more manufactures warranty than his so linked them to him stating his car still was too exspensive.

So cut a long story short i get an email saying he has someone interested in the car for finance but just waiting to see if he can get it.but if he couldnt would i still be interested in it if he lowered the price and so i replied back say i would if the price is right and that he would need to consider that i needed to also tax the car taking £200 out of my budget.

And so i get an email this morning saying the other guy got approved the finance but did not leave a deposit to secure the car and told the guy who wanted it for finance he had this morning to come with a deposit of he would not hold it for him.

Then received another email saying the guy had not come back with the deposit and said the following....

I have looked at this and can do it at? ?7990 including 6 months tax & 6 months warranty after the existing 3 month warranty ends in December – this is absolutely flat out for us but hope it helps.

What do you think? i personally think all this banter with the guy with the finance that did not come back is a load ***** and is using that to try egg me on to buy it.

Your thoughts please,sorry for the essay in advance.
Scotty_B

9th Sep 10 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That Mondeo's a nice motor.
Colin

9th Sep 10 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The man with the finance plan is a load of pie in the sky. Just ignore it, its just salesman wobble.

It all boils down to whether you think its worth 8k!! Are there none available private? Get a better deal & buy a 3rd party warranty if you must have one!!
Mark.W

9th Sep 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres none private locally im afraid.

Also have my eye on a 1.6T astra from a well know dealer but need to see how much more it is to insure and whether its worth it.

And considering a corsa D 1.6T pending on insurance prices.
Colin

9th Sep 10 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Travel for the right car then, I covered over 800 miles going to collect my RS & drive it back. Drive home was amazing & I saved around 2.5k.

[Edited on 09-09-2010 by Colin]
craig8
Premium Member

9th Sep 10 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about a VXR

E36 328
ste_p23

9th Sep 10 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And considering a corsa D 1.6T pending on insurance prices.

Good choice mate
ShEp

9th Sep 10 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.9cdti all the way
Mark.W

9th Sep 10 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im definetly not one for traveling hundreds of miles for a car but will go further a field if the car looked and sounded to be the right one.

Shep the 1.9 cdti is on the list if a good one pops up and ticks all my boxes colour/mileage/price.
AndyKent

10th Sep 10 at 06:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was me and I really, really wanted the car I'd probably have already folded and bought it

Hold out for something you really want. 1.6T Corsa would be a much more fun drive for sure.
Mark.W

10th Sep 10 at 07:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Andy i know what you mean something doesnt seem to be clicking between me and this car,not sure if its the dealer im weary of or the car.Also noticed a little ding in the photo on the rear RH side of the car this is on top of 3 marked wheels and paint stress crack on one of the side skirts.

Dont get me wrong the car is stunning and if im really honest i was slightly dissapointed with the power of the car for 140bhp im not sure if it was the way i was driving it on the test drive being very carefull or what,i was expecting a bit more umph but was lovely to drive.

[Edited on 10-09-2010 by wooly101uk]
Corsa_Sport21

10th Sep 10 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if the story about the other buyer was true(which i doubt),you are more of a timewaster than him.

I seriously wouldnt like to have you turn up to look at a car i was selling.

You need to just buy a car FFS.Or have a good think at what you want.
John

10th Sep 10 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had multiple threads about a set of brakes, a car could use up a whole forum.

He's also been told from the start that the 1.8 isn't very good so not sure where the surprise comes from
Mark.W

10th Sep 10 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Even if the story about the other buyer was true(which i doubt),you are more of a timewaster than him.

Why do you think i went and test drove the car actually see if thats the kind of car i want otherwise im never going to know,if i kept asking questions and not test driving them then you would say FFS go and test drive them and find out instead of asking on here.

So dont get bitchy with me.
ste_p23

10th Sep 10 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21

To be fair you you are a cunt mate! Would you go and spend that amount of money without going test driving a car and getting some good info on it? No you wouldnt so stop with the bitchy little girl comments

[Edited on 10-09-2010 by ste_p23]
taylorboosh

10th Sep 10 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just buy a vxr you puff, you live at home, have no outgoings and are most likely buying the car with cash..... your also atleast 23/4 so vxr insurance wont be far out of budget

if you dont get a vxr you will regret it
Mark.W

10th Sep 10 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still only a temp John even after a year so need to make sure i can afford the insurance ect if i get laid off otherwise if i had a secure job i wouldnt really think twice and go buy a vxr corsa.

taylorboosh

10th Sep 10 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how old are you? surely the difference is only a few hundred quid, the vxr would hold value better than an sri also.... take astra gsis as an example
taylorboosh

10th Sep 10 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also nissan have just got those new cars to build, i dont think your jobs in danger at current
Mark.W

10th Sep 10 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have not getting a new contract for the new nissan duke or anything,by the way some people are talking at work they may finish some by christmas as they havnt getting any new contracts in.

Im 24 and should have 4 years NCB by next month.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Over priced???? 23 database queries in 0.0144050 seconds