corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vx220 people

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vx220 people
big eck

User status: Offline
30th Sep 10 at 06:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know there are a few owners on here and I was wondering if you could tell me anything about them?

What to look out for when viewing one, any problems with the roof leaking, can they be used as a daily etc.

Cheers
big eck

30th Sep 10 at 06:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VX220, 52 Plate (Larini Exhaust + Extras!)

52 plate 42000 miles
HPI Clear
3 previous owners

Calypso Red VX220 N/A

Last serviced May 2010 (40,000 miles)
Tax till August 2011
MOT due Jan 2011

Full Service History

I am writing this advert with great regret, but personal circumstances mean I can no longer keep the car (I seem to have done my neck/back in and the VX is not helping it get better!)

This VX220 has been my pride and joy for the short time I have owned it, I detailed (machine polished etc) when I first bought it earlier this year, paint work is in very good order, no bubbling etc. It is washed weekly using premium products (dodo juice), and clayed and re-waxed every 2 months. It gleams and turns heads everywhere!
I am an active member on the owners club, and this car actually came from a previous member, so has been owned by enthusiasts the past couple years! No expense has been spared when it comes to up rating parts or replacing old. Also to note, I have only used BP ultimate fuel.
The brake pads were changed in May 2010, along with front discs and brake fluid.

This VX drives as perfect as it looks! A well sorted example with subtle styling modifications

Price includes all modifications

• Larini Exhaust, many say the best sounding exhaust for the vx220 (£500)
• K&N Panel air filter
• Drilled Pre-Cat (does not cause issues with MOT emissions)
• TAT racing diffuser, black (£150)
• Turbo spoiler (£100)
• HID headlight kit (£100)
• VXR Black Windscreen
• Black powder coated wheels
• Black painted front “V”
• ¾ number plate at the front (does not catch on speed bumps like the standard size ones do!)
• Carbon covered dash plates
• Ill even leave my carbon fibre tax disc holder! &#61514;

Im sure I have no doubt missed something!

This is a great example of a future classic.

Price: £8995 OVNO (PRICE REDUCED)

I am in no rush to sell, and will not take any silly offers

07730 579682
Frankie

Couple bad points to note:
There are a few stone chips on the front clam
Drivers seat has some wear on the bolster edge
both are very common on these cars!
big eck

30th Sep 10 at 06:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been offered a deal with this and I have no clue if it's a bargin or not lol. Compared to others it's a bit more expensive but the guy might come down.
Ben J

30th Sep 10 at 06:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks a minter tbh! I'd love one.
May be worth having a nose about on vx220 owners forum, not only to find out about this car but to also a quick search will probs answer your questions.

[Edited on 30-09-2010 by Ben J]
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Sep 10 at 07:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id buy that for 9k, i paid 10k for mine and got a lot less.

im on my phone atm but does it say anything about having the timing chain replaced? as this needs to be done regardless of its milage its a must.

the engine mounts seem to go for fun.

the soft tops can leak its just down to luck if you get one that doesnt, but the hardtop doesnt leak but it does squeek lol.

eck, i dont want to put you off but the vx isnt a car thats easy to live with everyday.. there are squeeks, rattles, you can hear the suspension clanging away because there isnt much sound deadening, the heater sometimes works and the blowers can work fine.

these are just some bad points and the car is a twat when its cold..

the positives far outway the negatives but its just a case of if you can deal with the bad points.

ive got so much stored away in my head i dont know where to start, why dont you add me on facebook 'chris redman' or msn 'chris_is_here@hotmail.com' and ill answer all your questions
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Sep 10 at 08:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you get one what would be your plans with it?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

30th Sep 10 at 08:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep i had the front engine mount go, a noticable knocking when you accelerate, covered under warranty with mine but that one will be out of it now obviously.
i used mine everyday for two years, rain and snow no problems
as chris said thats a very good price.
split the lights and paint the silver bits black like chris's and it will look sweet.
my roof never leaked, only the usual vert problem when the window/door is open you get a drip off the leading edge.

its no luxury cruiser but you do have a decent level of comfort compared to say a caterham.
mrs said that on long journeys the seat hurt her back but i never had an issue

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Tomnova16
Premium Member

30th Sep 10 at 08:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and as i have said numerous times before the vx is the one car i wish i didnt sell

chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Sep 10 at 08:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the reason why the vx can hurt your back is because it makes you sit in a correct position and people that say have their seats raked right back dont have that option no more so your back is adjusting..

i used to get awful back ache but dont anymore, but everytime i drive in a normal car i start getting back ache after 30 mins or so.

there is an option to put the turbo windscreen seals on which helps with a leaking roof.

the engine mounts are relativly cheap £65 for both left and right (front and back never go).

the larini does sound nice but its quite loud you will be pushed to get on a track with a 105db limit, luckily they are sought after so selling wont be a problem.

tuning the na (to stay na) can be expensive, i think i spent about 3k ish and get 25bhp increase.

how tall are you? its not a car for the tall..

oh and if you have problems getting in and out its because your doing it wrong, there is a technique and once used to it you can get in and out just as fast as a normal car
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Sep 10 at 08:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh,, and if it doesnt have a fullali radiator.. you need one @£250.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

30th Sep 10 at 09:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah i had the turbo seals fitted under warranty, also had the brake vacuum hose changed too as they are prone to cracking

chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Sep 10 at 09:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tom, why dont you buy another ?
Adam_B

30th Sep 10 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.vx220.org.uk/
Tomnova16
Premium Member

30th Sep 10 at 10:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im quite happy with the m3 at the minute,
i will probably buy another though

chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Sep 10 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there has been many of times id rather have a vxr vectra or vxr insignia i stead.. but when those sunny days come with the roof off and the sound of the charger in your ear as it quickley shifts throught the revs and you feel the forces off acceleration is just amazing and worth all the shit through winter..
big eck

30th Sep 10 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris I'll probably just be leaving it as is.

It'll be an everyday all weather car but Tom has said it an used that way no problem.

What's the issue with it being cold?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

30th Sep 10 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the heaters are poo even when you do the heater mod (move the arm so it goes to hot more on the actual unit, not the on dash control)
takes a year to demist in the morning, ice on the inside of the screen, frozen door lock/button so cant get in unless you hold bag of hot water against it.
just allow an extra ten mins to get in the car in the winter and you'll be fine
but as soon as you drive it you forget about all that

big eck

30th Sep 10 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris ive added you on msn mate
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Sep 10 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea its saying my service is down atm, im going to try restart it
richc

30th Sep 10 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the 'only run on bp ultimate' comment
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Sep 10 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc

i only run mine on optimax, but thats because its mapped to 99ron.
richc

1st Oct 10 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
quote:
Originally posted by richc

i only run mine on optimax, but thats because its mapped to 99ron.

Fair one. But its a 'sports' car with a family saloon engine. It doesnt need to be run on super unleaded thats all im saying. It wouldnt matter one bit if he run it on 95 like 99.9% or vectra or astra owners do!
chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Oct 10 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

totally agree, especially in standard form, where as mine is faaaar from standard
Tomnova16
Premium Member

4th Oct 10 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres a good vid about the turbo
quicker than the top gear track than an M3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INw70ADiCxQ&feature=related

chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Oct 10 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wonder what mine would get on the test track ... hmmm

here is a vid of a charged vx at combe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xkXr3koDWU

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vx220 people 23 database queries in 0.0164189 seconds