corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fuel Cat permanent octane booster

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuel Cat permanent octane booster
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
7th Oct 10 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw this while browsing ebay there: CLICK. It says it gives the benefits of super unleaded when using standard unleaded. Anyone have any experience of them or what it is? Says it's got an alloy catalyst inside it, not sure what it's all about though.
Havoc
Banned

7th Oct 10 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

load of bollox
DaveyLC

7th Oct 10 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Total load of shit.
alan-g-w

7th Oct 10 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was swaying that way but their gumph on the ad made me think it was maybe plausible. Do you know that it's shit or are you assuming it?
DaveyLC

7th Oct 10 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No its totally plausable, I've also got a system that turns water into wine.
mike56gte

7th Oct 10 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it actualy worked i dont think it would be as cheap as £50.
alan-g-w

7th Oct 10 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC

Cunny funt.

Was genuinely wondering if there was any fact in it. How are people getting away with selling these and the resistor chips without getting collared for it not working. It says you'll feel the difference or your money back anyone got a spare £50 to try it?
Shrek

7th Oct 10 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Get it on Ebay....
sand-eel

7th Oct 10 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really think its impossible to change the fuels chemical structural properties without other chemicals, so no.
Catalytic convertors nearly sound impossible but then they run at 600 odd degrees.
alan-g-w

7th Oct 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough, I'm not a Chemical Engineer so haven't got a clue. I'd like to see back to back tests with and without it though.
Havoc
Banned

7th Oct 10 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

ha ive got one that turns water into cocaine.
DaveyLC

7th Oct 10 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you trolling alan?

IT DOESNT WORK.. ITS BULLSHIT...
DaveyLC

7th Oct 10 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
I really think its impossible to change the fuels chemical structural properties without other chemicals, so no.
Catalytic convertors nearly sound impossible but then they run at 600 odd degrees.

I think the name is just a tiny clue to how they work.. They are made of a material that is a Catalyst i.e. it causes a reaction between two other chemicals and they are no miracle device the compounds used do eventually depleat hence why you have to replace them.
alan-g-w

7th Oct 10 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Are you trolling alan?

IT DOESNT WORK.. ITS BULLSHIT...

YOU'VE YET TO SAY ANYTHING TO BACK THAT UP DAVEY

I don't think anything about it one way or the other just now. I'm being as impartial as possible, not just seeing that it's for sale on ebay and deciding without knowing anything about it. I'll admit there's more of a likelihood that it's as you so delicately put it but if it's just a metal tube with nothing in it of any value whatsoever then I'm going to start waterproofing smartie tubes and selling them in the same way.
DaveyLC

7th Oct 10 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because I dont need to Alan! Its like asking me to prove why a Perpetual energy machine wouldnt work.. Or why a £15.99 time machine isnt a good investment.

Jesus.
alan-g-w

7th Oct 10 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK, I see I've upset you. Keep your pipe and slippers on.
ste_p23

7th Oct 10 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is as much use as poweder coated lower arms
DaveyLC

7th Oct 10 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
How does FUEL CAT achieve Fuel economy?

The FUEL CAT fuel catalyst induces chemical reactions among fuel molecules at low temperatures (such as those our vehicles and fuel tanks experience) and it returns them to their original state at the conclusion of the reaction ready to initiate a new sequence.
Fuel molecules have a tendency to cluster together. At the point of combustion, the outer molecules protect the inner molecules from being covered with oxygen, resulting in some of the inner molecules going un-burned and blowing out from the exhaust as emissions.
When fuel is passed through the FUEL CAT fuel catalyst just prior to combustion, a reaction occurs which separates the clustered molecules so more of the fuel molecules surface area is exposed to oxygen at the time of combustion.
A comparison would be if you put a piece of charcoal in a furnace for 30 seconds. The result: the oxygen only surrounds the outside of the charcoal only allowing the outside of the charcoal to burn. The oxygen does not reach the core of the charcoal as it was protected by the outer layer. If you crushed the similar-sized charcoal into a powder, spread it out and place it into a furnace for 30 seconds, more of the surface of the charcoal would be exposed to the oxygen and a larger percentage of the charcoal would be burned.
This is what happens as the fuel passes through the FUEL CAT fuel catalyst. Clustered fuel molecules are separated so more oxygen can cover a larger surface area of the fuel molecules at the point of combustion.
The more fuel burned, the more energy created and less un-burned fuel will be emitted out from exhaust in turn reducing pollution.
A more efficient burn results in less fuel required to make horsepower. A cleaner burn means better oil chemistry and cleaner engine parts resulting in reduced maintenance.

So a material catalyst that can work without heat but its not actually a catalyst because its not part of a reaction its just 'seperating molecules" in a fluid that is under 3 bar of pressure and flowing at god knows how many litres / second back to the tank! (The fuel pump doesnt directly supply the fuel rail).

Its actually quite laughable!

I feel very sorry for you if you believe a word of that eBay auction.
John

7th Oct 10 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The auction is rubbish but it's not as stupid as you are trying to make out.

It's not that far fetched to suggest that a certain metal could change the composition of a liuqid passing through it.
DaveyLC

7th Oct 10 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was that simple John it would be in the petrol pump and the likes of BP would only have to have one petrol tank under the forecourt providing premium and super.

PLUS, up to 95% of the fuel is returned to the tank by the regulator during idle so at what level does this "Octane boosting" cease? The fuel in the tank could have been through the regulator (and thus the "Octane Booster") thousands of times before it gets consumed in the engine.

[Edited on 07-10-2010 by DaveyLC]
Corsa_Sport21

7th Oct 10 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:

Cunny funt.

Was genuinely wondering if there was any fact in it. How are people getting away with selling these and the resistor chips without getting collared for it not working. It says you'll feel the difference or your money back anyone got a spare £50 to try it?

The resistor chips do work though.

Abeit not good for the engine.

[Edited on 07-10-2010 by Corsa_Sport21]
alan-g-w

7th Oct 10 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And that right there is the kind of answer I was looking for from the start. If you hadn't have been so sarky I'd have probably been agreeing with you.

But you could say that it doesn't matter how many times that the fuel goes through the thing, maybe as soon as it gets to a set 'octane' the booster just doesn't have an effect. I know it's a different context but if you had a tank of water and had it constanly getting pumped through a heater at a set temperture it would only get so hot no matter how many times it went through.
Nath

7th Oct 10 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Davey has spoken.

End thread.
sand-eel

7th Oct 10 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel

I think the name is just a tiny clue to how they work.. They are made of a material that is a Catalyst i.e. it causes a reaction between two other chemicals and they are no miracle device the compounds used do eventually depleat hence why you have to replace them.

Yes, thats why I said its impossible without other chemicals.
sand-eel

7th Oct 10 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are trying to create a bigger surface area, which can ONLY be done by having a finer injector spray.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fuel Cat permanent octane booster 22 database queries in 0.0141668 seconds