corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Cosmo, Marc, cavmad/Wayne, Tom, Jizinho Da Nutjub..... Liverpool to lose points

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cosmo, Marc, cavmad/Wayne, Tom, Jizinho Da Nutjub..... Liverpool to lose points
Nath

User status: Offline
8th Oct 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9074311.stm

[Edited on 08-10-2010 by Nath]
MJFF88

8th Oct 10 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F
Tommy L

8th Oct 10 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hammer

8th Oct 10 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lololol
MJFF88

8th Oct 10 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think I made my orginal point clear enough

Nismo

8th Oct 10 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clown will tell a different story, as he knows direct from the club
Jamescorsa97

8th Oct 10 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh my life
Nath

8th Oct 10 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

G&H could really fuck them up before doing the offski! But I bet the sale goes through before October 15th. Either way I doubt this will happen.
Dr Pepper

8th Oct 10 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
G&H could really fuck them up before doing the offski! But I bet the sale goes through before October 15th. Either way I doubt this will happen.

Looks very unlikely to me that the sale will be through by then ... its wether the people they owe are willing to wait for the outcome of a court case or not... hicks and co will appeal even if they lose, they are desperate men at the moment.

Never really belived it could go this bad at liverpool but at the moment a points deduction looks the likely outcome imo.
Nath

8th Oct 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Time will tell.
Tom

8th Oct 10 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We'll see what happens, we've got a week for a court to make a decision (broughton expects that ruling to happen by then). If it does happen, it's not ideal but it's not the end of the world.

It would certanly typify the exiting owners to let this happen though.
Dr Pepper

8th Oct 10 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
We'll see what happens, we've got a week for a court to make a decision (broughton expects that ruling to happen by then). If it does happen, it's not ideal but it's not the end of the world.

It would certanly typify the exiting owners to let this happen though.

Thing is - there will certainly be an appeal either way - cant see it being done within a week. From what I read in afew of the papers this morning the court case is not far off 50/50 anyway.

If you get a 9 point deduction would that put off the new buyers? I dont know enough about the new buyers to say? It would make relegation a substantial posibility - I know it would put me off buying the club if they were 9 points worse off.

Chances are it will turn out ok and its hicks and co that are going to really get burnt out of all this ..... its a pretty dodgy situation for a club like liverpool to be in though.

[Edited on 08-10-2010 by Dr Pepper]
mwg

Championship here they come
strick206

IMO there is no chance the league will dock liverpool points, doubt the sale will go through by then anyway but RBS will most likely wait, then if Hicks and Gilette win in court blocking the sale (doubt that too) RBS will then opt to put them into administration
Nath

8th Oct 10 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
IMO there is no chance the league will dock liverpool points, doubt the sale will go through by then anyway but RBS will most likely wait, then if Hicks and Gilette win in court blocking the sale (doubt that too) RBS will then opt to put them into administration

It usually takes ages to get as far as points deductions. Look at Pompey, took months of warnings before anything happened. And they didnt even have a buyer lined up.
strick206

8th Oct 10 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper

If you get a 9 point deduction would that put off the new buyers? I dont know enough about the new buyers to say? It would make relegation a substantial posibility - I know it would put me off buying the club if they were 9 points worse off.

No chance would it put me off, Liverpool are never going to get relegated, even with 9 points off they will comfortably stay up
Dr Pepper

8th Oct 10 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I agree that is the likely scenario ... but its a bit dodgy when you are 'hoping' that RBS dont claim back money that is theirs to take. Big banks are not known for having much compassion or patience
MJFF88

8th Oct 10 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

It usually takes ages to get as far as points deductions. Look at Pompey, took months of warnings before anything happened. And they didnt even have a buyer lined up.

Though saying that, Palace's went through completely incognito. There were a few months where players were late to be paid but nothing else to suggest we were going into administration. Then bang. It happened.
Dr Pepper

8th Oct 10 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

No chance would it put me off, Liverpool are never going to get relegated, even with 9 points off they will comfortably stay up

What about if Hicks and co win, they go into administartion and reina, gerrard and torres leave in january ... dont think they would be any better than the bottom half teams without them .... they havnt been better than blackpool with them so far

Thats not likely but this is very dodgy for Liverpool at the moment - there will be a few really worried people at that club at the moment ... disgracefull really that a club like Liverpool can be taken down this sort of path.

[Edited on 08-10-2010 by Dr Pepper]
Nath

8th Oct 10 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MJFF88
quote:
quote:

Though saying that, Palace's went through completely incognito. There were a few months where players were late to be paid but nothing else to suggest we were going into administration. Then bang. It happened.

Lower leagues for you though

Prem seems a different kettle of fish.
Hammer

8th Oct 10 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the giants of Newcastle can be relegated then Liverpool are goners.
Nath

8th Oct 10 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
If the giants of Newcastle can be relegated then Liverpool are goners.

Na m8, too big to go down.
Tom

8th Oct 10 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I agree that is the likely scenario ... but its a bit dodgy when you are 'hoping' that RBS dont claim back money that is theirs to take. Big banks are not known for having much compassion or patience

No offence mate but you probably don't understand the situation well enough to start calling it dodgy. RBS would prefer not to put us into administration, they see it as a big PR headache that they don't want any part of and it was the case even a week ago that fans were trying to pressure them into DOING just that, they would rather a sale was overseen by Broughton. As stated, it's complex situation and I very much doubt that the league would feel comfortable putting -9 against us as this early stage, there's a lot of trigger points that would need to be met first. As I say though, if that's what it takes to get them out then so be it. I don't see us going down though even if it were to happen.
Dr Pepper

8th Oct 10 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MJFF88
quote:
quote:

Lower leagues for you though

Prem seems a different kettle of fish.

Yeah I agree it takes a while to get a points deduction.

BUT - the only reason pompey managed to avoid it for so long was because they sold crouch, distin, johnson, Kranjcar, Diarra, defoe ect over a summer break. Portsmouth sold to a different owner, sold their best players and still couldnt balance the books. Liverpool cant sell anyone ntill January - If the sale gets blocked for any leangth of time(or full stop) then they are getting a points deduction and the best players will be off in january .... its dodgy as fuk

Both Leeds and Portsmouth went from Europe to championship and administration within two seasons...its not like this kind of thing doesnt happen in the premiership.
Dr Pepper

8th Oct 10 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
quote:

No offence mate but you probably don't understand the situation well enough to start calling it dodgy. RBS would prefer not to put us into administration, they see it as a big PR headache that they don't want any part of and it was the case even a week ago that fans were trying to pressure them into DOING just that, they would rather a sale was overseen by Broughton. As stated, it's complex situation and I very much doubt that the league would feel comfortable putting -9 against us as this early stage, there's a lot of trigger points that would need to be met first. As I say though, if that's what it takes to get them out then so be it. I don't see us going down though even if it were to happen.

Of course RBS prefer the takeover.... they get paid. All im saying is that this court case is massive for Liverpool. Its a position that no one at the club would want and it is very dodgy for them.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Cosmo, Marc, cavmad/Wayne, Tom, Jizinho Da Nutjub..... Liverpool to lose points 23 database queries in 0.0147581 seconds