corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » R.I.P ALL FALLEN TROOPS

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author R.I.P ALL FALLEN TROOPS
MarkSport

User status: Offline
11th Nov 10 at 01:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a reminder to pay your respects to the troops who lost their live all that time ago and are still to this day losing lives to fight for our country. In my opinion they are not rated as high as they should be and deserve footballers wages.

Dont forget your 2 minute silence
mike56gte

11th Nov 10 at 01:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we are lucky we have people willing to go out and fight for our country.

cause if am honest you wouldnt catch me out there.
mike56gte

11th Nov 10 at 01:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they really do deserve more respect.

its sick when you think what they do compared to a footballer and they make a fraction of the money
MarkSport

11th Nov 10 at 01:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed, I have this conversation alot with mates at the pub after a few beers. I seriously think footballers should get the 18k a year salary and troops get the 30k a week or whatever daft sum it is. that way it would make people want to defend the country and possibly bring back the great in great britain.
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 01:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The government dont pay footballers wages though, that's why.

Everyone always compares them to footballers, why not rappers? poker players? investment bankers?
mike56gte

11th Nov 10 at 01:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

becuase footballers wages are the most outragous.

rapper make money based on how many c.ds they sell etc
poker players win money.
and investment bankers dont make nearly as much money as footballers
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 01:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a lot of people in a lot of professions that earn far more than the highest paid footballer per year, people with bonuses that run in to multimillions on top of their wages.

RIP and all that, I agree they should have more money but the masses comparing them to footballers wages is stupid.

[Edited on 11-11-2010 by DannyB]
Havoc
Banned

11th Nov 10 at 02:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

R.I.P all our fallen troops that gave their lives so we can live ours.
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 02:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One lad I went to School with is in the army, he was always really quiet and kept himself to himself, now he's a big fuck off ripped killing machine, he has more guts than me anyway as there's no chance I'd go out over there. I'm scared enough sat on my arse watching videos of some of the shit that happens over there.

[Edited on 11-11-2010 by DannyB]
JonnyJ

11th Nov 10 at 02:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Havoc

War, unfortunately, is a necessary evil and anyone who has participated in it gets my utmost respect and admiration. Certainly not something I would like to do. I always like to give a little extra thought to the ones who had to endure WWI & II. They fought in the most atrocious conditions and we owe our freedom to all those brave men and women.

"Never has so much been owed by so many to so few"
nathy_87

11th Nov 10 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sam
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On BBC Midlands Today (local news) the other day they had a story about some scumbags who are going round Gloucester nicking all of the collection boxes for The Royal British Legion's poppy appeal.

Apparently they arrested someone in their 40s in connection with this.

FFS what is going on with this shitty country, have we lost all sense of respect and morality?

I seriously think we should send out chavs to war, at least they'd be doing something useful and no-one would be bothered if they got blown to smithereens!

[/controversy]
Nath

11th Nov 10 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
Agreed, I have this conversation alot with mates at the pub after a few beers. I seriously think footballers should get the 18k a year salary and troops get the 30k a week or whatever daft sum it is. that way it would make people want to defend the country and possibly bring back the great in great britain.

Get real. If you want to fight you join the Army. They aren't forced to join. They know the salary.
DC90

11th Nov 10 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike56gte
becuase footballers wages are the most outragous.

rapper make money based on how many c.ds they sell etc

And players get payed on how talented they are, or how much the club value them. Football is a business at the end of the day, can't be compared to the army.
Sam
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The value of some high paid players' "talent" by their clubs are debateable...
DC90

11th Nov 10 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ofcourse, but it's their money to waste. I personally don't think "actors" on the likes of Hollyoaks should be paid at all but i'm sure they are earning more than a soldier. At the end of the day they know what they signed up for and the wage isn't a secret.
Partyvan
Banned

11th Nov 10 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few months ago I was at Donnington outdoor market, when out of nowhere a Spitfire flew to within a few feet of the stalls. The sound of the engine was.... immense, and it was such a beautiful thing too. Seeing the RAF markings on it instantly made me think of the battle of Britain. Every single person around me stopped and stared in awe and respect. Every guy I could see was pointing or taking pictures on mobile phones.

That is everyone except the pakis who ran the stalls. They couldn't care less I imagine, that people have died and continue to die for a country that they now treat as their own (and try and get us to live like them! don't get me started!!!)

RIP the fallen, and may Britain's future generations be as grateful as mine is.

Ojc

11th Nov 10 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Partyvan
A few months ago I was at Donnington outdoor market, when out of nowhere a Spitfire flew to within a few feet of the stalls. The sound of the engine was.... immense, and it was such a beautiful thing too. Seeing the RAF markings on it instantly made me think of the battle of Britain. Every single person around me stopped and stared in awe and respect. Every guy I could see was pointing or taking pictures on mobile phones.

That is everyone except the pakis who ran the stalls. They couldn't care less I imagine, that people have died and continue to die for a country that they now treat as their own (and try and get us to live like them! don't get me started!!!)

RIP the fallen, and may Britain's future generations be as grateful as mine is.

Brilliant

I love that, I got a poppy off a veteran at Sandbach service station on Sunday and while I was eating my Burger King I watched as just about every white person picked up a Poppy and donated, then a load of Joes came in and not one of them bastards even gave the veteran a second look.

It did make me proud though that young and old ENGLISH PEOPLE OF ANGLO SAXON DESCENT realise the sacrifice our grandfathers and great grandfathers made for us.
Whittie

11th Nov 10 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I shit myself everytime one of my best mates goes out to Afghan or other countries, he's been far too close to death everytime he's gone out.
The stories he's told me are sickening, his friends have been captured, tortured and killed. Blown up on mines and picked of by snipers.

I've had this conversation with him, saying that he doesn't get paid enough etc.... He's bang on with his reply though;

"It's what I signed up for, I know how much money i'm getting, If I wanted more, I'd go and use my mechanical engineering degree"

mwg

11th Nov 10 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWsf76wG78g
Laney

11th Nov 10 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The salary wasn't even a consideration when I signed up!
Conway563

11th Nov 10 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
then a load of Joes came in and not one of them bastards even gave the veteran a second look.

I've got my poppy on today
Sam
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
It did make me proud though that young and old ENGLISH PEOPLE OF ANGLO SAXON DESCENT realise the sacrifice our grandfathers and great grandfathers made for us.

Are you saying that ONLY white English people ever went to battle for Britain in days gone by?

How about people like the Gurkhas for example? Are you saying that them and their descendants have forgotten about their contribution towards various wars involving the British army?

For an intelligent person Oli you do come across as somewhat ignorant and narrow minded at times.

[Edited on 11-11-2010 by Sam]
Ojc

11th Nov 10 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What I'm saying is, is the Asian people of this land don't care about what our forefathers done to keep this Island free.

They would do well to remember that the British Empire at the time probably included their own forefathers.

Although it is Pakis that don't give a shit, Indian soldiers paid their part. I'm not sure where Pakistan stood during WW2. Probably on the corner
3CorsaMeal

11th Nov 10 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think within 10yrs people/youth won't really consider it important, it will be out of living memory and start to be forgotten about

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » R.I.P ALL FALLEN TROOPS 22 database queries in 0.0093920 seconds