corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » pet insurance

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author pet insurance
chloe16v

User status: Offline
14th Nov 10 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how long does a pet have to be insured before a claim can be made?
Norcy91

14th Nov 10 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see a few facepalms coming your way...
chloe16v

14th Nov 10 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont care
Norcy91

14th Nov 10 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But to answer your question... Won't it say in whatever documents you got when you took out the policy? Or on the website you're planning on taking the policy with?
Mad Moe

14th Nov 10 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has the animal already been to the vet for this condition?
chloe16v

14th Nov 10 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe

she has been seen by a friend today that is in her 3rd year training as a vet but she hasnt been taken to my own vets yet
Dan
Premium Member

14th Nov 10 at 00:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pet plan is 14 days.

Just had to use mine in an emergency visit literally an hour ago :/

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
chloe16v

14th Nov 10 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh no, hope everything is ok dan
Winemaker

14th Nov 10 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pet insurance in my opinion is bullshit, read the fine print very very closely, I would avoid it and have a savings account that you throw a couple of £'s in every week, just in case of emergency's ect specifically for your pets. We have a Rhodesian Ridgeback, she is 6 years old and 5 cats of varying ages, we had pet insurance covering all of them and when it came time to pay vet costs, the amount of stalling and general fuck around was beyond belief.
chloe16v

14th Nov 10 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Winemaker
Pet insurance in my opinion is bullshit, read the fine print very very closely, I would avoid it and have a savings account that you throw a couple of £'s in every week, just in case of emergency's ect specifically for your pets. We have a Rhodesian Ridgeback, she is 6 years old and 5 cats of varying ages, we had pet insurance covering all of them and when it came time to pay vet costs, the amount of stalling and general fuck around was beyond belief.

i dont have 4k to pay a vet
Mad Moe

14th Nov 10 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
quote:

she has been seen by a friend today that is in her 3rd year training as a vet but she hasnt been taken to my own vets yet

Make sure you dont take her to your proper vet until you can claim as most insurance companies will not entertain pre-existing conditions.
chloe16v

14th Nov 10 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know that, it looks like she will need both her back legs will need big ops as her knee caps are both deformed, she has just started showing signs of lameness
Mad Moe

14th Nov 10 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Who were you with out of interest, I've had all my animals insured through PetPlan and really cant fault them at all
Mad Moe

14th Nov 10 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i know that, it looks like she will need both her back legs will need big ops as her knee caps are both deformed, she has just started showing signs of lameness

M&S are the only ones I know of that do pre-existing but they can be quite expensive, hope you mange to get her sorted!
Dan
Premium Member

14th Nov 10 at 01:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everything sort of ok chloe.

Was really weird. Earlier in the day he was laying on sofa and moved and started really yelping for a few secs. Didnt think anything of it, just though he got caught on summit, because when i moved him he stopped.

Then most of the night he was really odd. wouldnt leave us alone or settle, which is very unlike him at night. Still didnt think much of it.

Went to go get in bed and he just sat at the door crying. Something he has NEVER done since the day he was born. So i got up and sat with him. All of a sudden he started really yelping and wouldnt stop for a few mins. Wouldnt let me near him. He wasnt showing any signs of anything effecting him, just yelping. Rang vets and they said we need to see him. Sounds serious. When i got there, he watched him run around, jump up me, and generally look perfect. Had a feel about and when he squeezes his spine near his bum he was yelping alot. So he believes he has pulled himself in the spine or similar. Gave him an anti inflamatory and some pills to take for the week. Hasnt made a sound since. But i think he will when he wakes up.

This is the missus 2 year old chihuahua btw.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
chloe16v

14th Nov 10 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bless him, hope he feels better soon
morpheus22

14th Nov 10 at 01:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope he gets better dan, chloe most companies u insure your pet with you will have to pay 10% of the vet bill and they will cover the rest
Jamie-C

14th Nov 10 at 01:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you entitled to PDSA pet care?Have to be on certain benefits. http://www.pdsa.org.uk/
Jamie-C

14th Nov 10 at 01:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.pdsa.org.uk/pdsa-vet-care/eligibility
Winemaker

14th Nov 10 at 01:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Who were you with out of interest, I've had all my animals insured through PetPlan and really cant fault them at all

http://www.petplan.com.au/

DannyB
Premium Member

14th Nov 10 at 01:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with petplan and they had no issues paying out £1100 for vets bills with my previous Boxer, my current dog is insured with them too.
chloe16v

14th Nov 10 at 01:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Are you entitled to PDSA pet care?Have to be on certain benefits. http://www.pdsa.org.uk/

no im not on benefits
morpheus22

14th Nov 10 at 01:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my cats insured with more than. before that my dalmation was insured with more than and there where more than helpfull the three times we had to claim with them, even sent us a sorry for your loss card
Jamie-C

14th Nov 10 at 02:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C

no im not on benefits

Ok, leave my head on
chloe16v

14th Nov 10 at 02:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry jamie but i get sick of people on here going off on one saying im getting loads of money from benefits when im not on the bloody things

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » pet insurance 23 database queries in 0.2143130 seconds