corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Some guy drove into my car then blamed me...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Some guy drove into my car then blamed me...
Butler

User status: Offline
14th Nov 10 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to some fireworks last night with the girlfriend. After it has finished I was coming out of a parking space at the side of the road and indicating to merge with the traffic which was currently static, as it started to move I looked to see if the guy behind was letting me in and he quickly ragged it past to block me from getting out, as he drove past my car he moved into me to go round a parked car in front and scraped the side of his car down my front bumper, all in which time I was completely static. He then gets out the car, starts telling me I drove into him and that I need to give him my details. I wouldn't have been surprised if these people were drunk as they were profusely swearing at me, I refused telling him I did nothing wrong and he said il get the police to which I said ok. I sat there waiting for a while until these people got back in their car and I drove off in the opposite direction. Im worried now because they took photos of my car at the time and the guy clearly wants to blame me. He had space to pass me, I didnt drive into him I was at a stand still, I have one witness, he had two in the car and friends in the car behind who will obviously vouch for him. What should I expect? Thanks for reading.
Linch

14th Nov 10 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have put your phone on record and got him being abusive towards you. and you should have took pictures too. It sounds like he was out for a claim.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Nov 10 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would have asked for his details first. Id also ring and inform the police and ur insurance what happened
daymoon
Premium Member

14th Nov 10 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have called police and said the guy drove off..
alan-g-w

14th Nov 10 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was about to say, he'll get done for leaving the scene of an accident. What did the police say when they got there?

[Edited on 14-11-2010 by alan-g-w]
BarnshaW

14th Nov 10 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also witnesses need to be independent do they not?
Butler

14th Nov 10 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
I was about to say, he'll get done for leaving the scene of an accident. What did the police say when they got there?

I wasnt there to see if police were even called or not cos I drove off.
Butler

14th Nov 10 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i would have asked for his details first. Id also ring and inform the police and ur insurance what happened

I only didnt cos im not too bothered about a scrape on my front bumper. Was shocked he wanted to get money out of me though.
Butler

14th Nov 10 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Linch
Should have put your phone on record and got him being abusive towards you. and you should have took pictures too. It sounds like he was out for a claim.

My girlfriend took a pic, shows f all though.
alan-g-w

14th Nov 10 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
quote:

Why didn't you phone them saying someone's just driven into you? Even if they couldn't get someone out at least it would be reported.
Butler

14th Nov 10 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was pissed off, just wanted to get away to be honest, and I was panicking that they would blatently side with the bigger and more mature party.
GTM

14th Nov 10 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont worry about his friends it has t be independent witnesses.
sc0ott

14th Nov 10 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds to me like you shit yourself by backing down and going away tbh.
I would have been abusive back if this was me and i would have waited on the police and told them he smelt of drink etc hence why he fucked off.
Did you get his details or number plate?
Eck
Premium Member

14th Nov 10 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Manning up would be the first port of call. Why did you let them drive away? Why did you not phone the police?
sand-eel

14th Nov 10 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If this happened in scotland you might have "won" this as personal witnesses don't count, but in england they do, so if they claim your fucked.
John

14th Nov 10 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Asian?
Jambo

14th Nov 10 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i thought they where drunk i would of been on the phone to the police asap. They would be very interested in it.

You got his Reg right? Providing it isnt a stolen car/false plates do him for leaving the scene of an accident.
gtitim

14th Nov 10 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From reading your version, I think it will come down to you being at fault. he was in the line of traffic, and you have tried to get into that line. As per any jct scenario, you should give way. If the damage is to the side of his car / front of your car, then the impact will appear as though you hit him, not he drove into you.

I would be going and reporting it to Police to cover yourself, as it does not appear you have exchanged details. Get your version in first. If you havent swapped details, then how can he claim against you / you claim against him?

If anything, this will be 50/50 at best to insurance, more likely in his favour in my opinion.

Sorry but you should have waited until you were flashed out / could have got cleanly out. You both decided to go, neither was going to wait, and you both have now lost out.
Butler

14th Nov 10 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I reiterate that they didnt drive off, they went back to their car, they were stuck in traffic. I drove off.

Also I did give way to the guy, he had space, but drove into my car as it was stationary. I DID wait til I was let out, I didnt even move my car, it was STATIC. HE decided to go, I was waiting.
Butler

14th Nov 10 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
If i thought they where drunk i would of been on the phone to the police asap. They would be very interested in it.

You got his Reg right? Providing it isnt a stolen car/false plates do him for leaving the scene of an accident.

Yeah I got his reg, and he got mine.
Butler

14th Nov 10 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Asian?

Nah, posh twat in a mercedes.
Ben G

15th Nov 10 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by John
Asian?

Nah, posh twat in a mercedes.

Indian?

i hate cunts that do this.

WOW you've got 1 car in front, approximately 0.02 seconds further up the road. have a medal.

twats.

his witnesses won't count as they need to be people he doesn't know.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

15th Nov 10 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Can I reiterate that they didnt drive off, they went back to their car, they were stuck in traffic. I drove off.

In that case James, you could quite easily get in trouble for leaving the scene of an accident I believe.
whitter45

15th Nov 10 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt worry about it

If was going to call the police he would have done it there and then

Steve
Premium Member

15th Nov 10 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i left the scene of an accident this morning in my gf's toilet

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Some guy drove into my car then blamed me... 22 database queries in 0.0186269 seconds