corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Council mong - rant/essay warning

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Council mong - rant/essay warning
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   3rd Dec 10 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just phoned up asking if they could send someone round to refill the grit bin nearest to my house (which is about 2 roads away) as it's nearly empty and for some reason filled with empty sweet packets and beer cans , the woman that answered the phone takes all my details and says "yes we'll get it sorted" - I was like "don't you want to know which grit bin I'm phoning about? There's about 3 different ones near to me in different roads" and she gets a bit arsey with me telling me "well you never advised me at the start of the conversation" - FFS if you let me actually speak instead of barking questions at me and not giving me the chance to explain I would have told you at the beginning of the fucking conversation!

As you can guess, muggins here has been out gritting the road outside my house and about 6 other neighbour's houses again because they are too fucking lazy/useless to do their bit as well.

I seriously do not know why I bother doing things for other people, all I get is shit back in return!

[ /rant over, goes off to calm down ]

[Edited on 03-12-2010 by Sam]
Twitch

3rd Dec 10 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because if everyone did everything just for them selves this country would be even more of a pit than it is. your a dying breed sam i never mind helping people if i get a thank you or not.
ed

3rd Dec 10 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was the post a few days ago with people complaining that no one had been round to sort their roads. You are allowed to go sort things yourself you know! Good work
Sam
Premium Member

3rd Dec 10 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't expect thanks back from people as we obviously use all of the roads/pavements as well, it just pisses me off that other able-bodied people in this road CBA to do the same thing as well as me (i.e. clearing/gritting the roads and pavements).

I did actually get the thumbs-up from a few cars driving through our road so I guess it's nice to have some sort of appreciation

I was reading on my Facebook last night, one of my FB friends as well as 15 other people in her road were out clearing the road, I'd love to live in an area like this where people aren't entirely selfish!
Hammer

3rd Dec 10 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're a nice man Sam, I think people are taking advantage of you.
Fro

3rd Dec 10 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did my pavement and started doing my road but then a gritter came round which NEVER happens down our side roads so i went back inside.

I <3 havering council
ste_p23

3rd Dec 10 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not you sam dont worry mate its just councils and most the people that work for them are all bellends and jobs worths!
JadeM
Premium Member

3rd Dec 10 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ste_p23
Its not you sam dont worry mate its just councils and most the people that work for them are all bellends and jobs worths!

Oi I work for the Council Just recieved this email from the Chief so there !!!

Dear colleagues

We are writing to thank you for the absolutely fantastic work that you have been doing in difficult circumstances over the last week. We have been out visiting as many groups of staff as possible and have heard ourselves, and from Heads of Service, of the efforts that have been made to deliver essential services to our communities.

Our area has been particularly badly hit by this adverse weather. Those who can remember have said that it is the worst snow at this time of year since 1964.

We appreciate the efforts that have been made with many people swapping jobs to support colleagues, offering lifts, working from home and different locations and volunteering to support very vulnerable people in our communities. You have all demonstrated great dedication and commitment.

We are a 24 hour operation and in addition to our normal resources people have volunteered to work over the weekend in a final push to get our services and our area on an even footing for Monday morning. A lot of our residents are supporting our efforts on our Facebook site.

Once again – a very big thank you for all your efforts they are very much appreciated.

Council Leader ***** ******* and Chief Executive ****** ****

Root

3rd Dec 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish there was a grit bin near my house...I might go look for one in the car, steal the grit and grit my road..
SetH

3rd Dec 10 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL im glad I didnt post about Council Workers then

'Norfolk County Council' workers really are a bunch of Mongs. I always think if you are any good then you would be working Corporate.
Sam
Premium Member

3rd Dec 10 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
I wish there was a grit bin near my house...I might go look for one in the car, steal the grit and grit my road..

Dunno if it's the same with your council, but with ours you can apparently request one to be installed on your road if you live somewhere hilly or have a load of old folk living round there etc. Not sure whether they actually act upon such requests though!
SetH

3rd Dec 10 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They probably do, they will just take 4 months to do it and by that time the winter will be over.
Rich H

3rd Dec 10 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our district council decided a few years back that we didn't need grit bins it seems - they're near enough extinct down here!

Last year Dad and I spent near enough a day clearing the best part of our entire road, no other fcuker helped or even thanked us.

This year we've just done our drive and path, the rest have left theirs yet still try and just struggle out the road.

I don't expect the council to come and clear it for us, but a grit bin would be useful!
ste_p23

3rd Dec 10 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jade Your not included in the above statement i made due to being phwoooar
nathy_87

3rd Dec 10 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:
Originally posted by Root

Dunno if it's the same with your council, but with ours you can apparently request one to be installed on your road if you live somewhere hilly or have a load of old folk living round there etc. Not sure whether they actually act upon such requests though!

I applied for one as where I live there are a few elderly people about, this was last year, and still nothing has been done about it. So at the moment it's onyl my path that leads to my house is clear. (Got my own grit/salt)
John

3rd Dec 10 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you applied for a grit bin to help the elderly, then just cleared your own path anyway
dannymccann

3rd Dec 10 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've had about a foot of snow here and I havent bothered clearing anything, I just drove through it Dont know what the fuss is about
John

3rd Dec 10 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same Danny, my street hasn't been touched since this time last week, I made the mistake of going down to the end of the cul-de-sac to turn yesterday thinking it would be ok by now, got stuck took me a good 5 minutes but I got out without leaving the warmth of my car.
oceansoul

3rd Dec 10 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havent seen a grit bin in ages. =[
ed

3rd Dec 10 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Round here they chain them up to railings around town in November and then take them away again after winter
3CorsaMeal

3rd Dec 10 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sam are these the same neighbours whose friends cars you googled? prehaps they know you are spying on them

JadeM
Premium Member

3rd Dec 10 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Latest email from Head of Services at our Council .....

Dear colleagues

The council is seeking council staff to volunteer to assist colleagues in Operational Services and Housing, Construction and Property Services in providing specific support on snow clearance across the area.

It is envisaged that volunteers would be allocated to locations close to their home address and that snow clearance activities would be scheduled for the morning and afternoon on both Saturday and Sunday.

If you are able to assist over the weekend and have access to transport I would be grateful if you could contact your Head of Service to indicate your availability and location.

Please note that you will be required to ensure that you have appropriate clothing, bring appropriate snow clearing equipment/shovel, and refreshments as required.

If you are able to assist you will be notified of location and time before 10pm tonight for Saturday and 10pm on Saturday night for Sunday.

Thank you for your assistance.

Guess its time to go get my shovel

[Edited on 03-12-2010 by JadeM]
Sam
Premium Member

3rd Dec 10 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Sam are these the same neighbours whose friends cars you googled? prehaps they know you are spying on them

FPMSL
Ojc

3rd Dec 10 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are turning me on with those long emails.
Kurt

3rd Dec 10 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet if a gritter had come up your street and flicked grit at everyones cars you'd still be making a thread on here to whinge

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Council mong - rant/essay warning 22 database queries in 0.1630330 seconds