corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Do you ever feel...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do you ever feel...
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Dec 10 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like a bit of a cunt driving around in your modified car? I love my 106, it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it but lately I've found myself looking at other cars and getting rid of this for something more practical, this bad weather really has confirmed this. I'm 25 now and driving this little tin can that pops and bangs all the time isnt where I want to be at the minute, I wouldnt mind if it was a second car just for the track but it's not I'm seriously thinking of getting rid and getting a Vec GSI or an ST and then buying something cheep and cheerfull next year to take on the track.

Seeing a pic of a mates ST yesterday nearly made me cream

Brett
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definitely.
Bonney

12th Dec 10 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was one like that for sale around here the other week. Think it was only up for £850ono. Was parked at the side of a main road.

Was tempted to get it for myself!
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need an sT or a GSI in my life, I'm 98% certain that this is what I'm going to do, plus I wont feel as much of a cunt driving down to England to PVS and the likes
Mark Prydderch

12th Dec 10 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Feel pretty much exactly the same apart from wanting the vec. Nice car though. I fancy a 330d bm.
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a vec before, a boring v6 SRI, lovely to drive but not very exciting. I've always fancied a GSI so it's the first thing that popped in to my head, I just want something a bit more grown up I think as my every day car.
connollygt30

12th Dec 10 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whos is the foosty turbo dan?
kennySRi

12th Dec 10 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It shouldnt be about what other people think but i also think the same. Il always have modified/performance cars but it gets to a point where driving a hatchback gets too embarassing at a certain age and that's why im trying so hard to find a car that will suit my needs perfectly and not be embarassing no matter what the age.

Vectra GSIs are lovely by the way. Instead of selling your 106, could you not just save up around £1k and buy a vec and use the 106 as your track/fun car?
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havent a clue mate, that pic was took off a mates FB
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
Vectra GSIs are lovely by the way. Instead of selling your 106, could you not just save up around £1k and buy a vec and use the 106 as your track/fun car?

At the minute no, due to me working so little hours so it's one or the other. I'm not that fussed what people think but I live in a small, quiet place so when I'm driving through the vilage and my car is popping and banging non stop and people stare at me I feel like a cunt
connollygt30

12th Dec 10 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck them danny...

Just get a 'CRUISING IS NOT A CRIME STICKER' for the window
John G

12th Dec 10 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a definite turning point we all do, im so glad i moved away from the loud corsa's i got to the point were you felt embarrassed when you met a gf and they were like "whats that!"

id love to have a small hatch as a second car/fun car/track car like you say but as a daily driver, not a chance
Mark Prydderch

12th Dec 10 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For one I hate the stereotype that 'most' other young modified drivers and their cars provide.
RCoughtrie

12th Dec 10 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

feels terrible driving my b after driving something modern for so long anything non turbo feels slow and broken pvs next year then its going.
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could get good money for the 106, 16v s1's sell really well, XSI's are quite rare these days too.
shaunmods
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The main time that makes me feel like that is when I've got mates who aren't into modifying in the car with me. I'm constantly apologising for the back breaking ride, rattling trim etc, and I just generally feel embarrassed by it.
corsa-sxi

12th Dec 10 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm 25 and felt embarrassed still turning up in a modified corsa at the office every morning whilst others are in more appropriate cars, hence i finally bit the bullet and changed
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wanted another 106 since my first XSI 7 years ago so I bought one and did most things I wanted to it, there's still lots to do but I'm not enjoying it as much due to thinking like this.
shaunmods
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know if this is the same for you as well Danny but the crap weather always put me on a downer about my car. It ends up constantly looking a mess and its too cold to tinker with it. As soon as the summer comes back around I remember what it is it I love about it
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 15:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that is one of the reason, but the fact it's not practical at all is the main reaso, it's a ballache if I need to get the dog in the back, cage in the back takes up a lot of room, picking people up is a no go, getting shopping in is a no no, it's little things like that.
andys sxi
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 15:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RCoughtrie
feels terrible driving my b after driving something modern for so long anything non turbo feels slow and broken pvs next year then its going.

ill believe that when i see it

April 08 feature car
corsadonk
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 29, and sold my 3.2 Signum Elite, and bought my Sport so the bird could learn to drive in a manual, she has only driven 3x in over a year. I got board with how slow and crap thet are standard, so ended up playing about with it, making it a bit better.

It ain't great when you see folk from school, and they are in BMW's but at the end of the day, I own all of it, and it's must be one of my favorite cars I've owned
MatthewR

12th Dec 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a VTS, lowered and and popping untill i was 25 when i was filling up for petrol some barry in a fiesta drove passed and revved his engine at me - it was then i knew i had to sell up and become an adult
Mertin

12th Dec 10 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After owning my vts and thrashing it about I decided to get something more sensible and newer, never felt safe driving the saxo and I couldnt't drive sensibly in it
Ibizas much better and dont think id ever go back although I do want an older car and something to tinker with but sometimes I think would I really do anything? I find nowadays I have to force myself to go do something to the car and end up cursing and swearing and not enjoying it
MatthewR

12th Dec 10 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mertin, i miss the VTS purely for the grin factor and you so right u cannot poosibly drive them sensibly couldnt own one day to day again though LOL

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Do you ever feel... 23 database queries in 0.0159779 seconds