corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eBay messer revenge - Womans Reply added

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eBay messer revenge - Womans Reply added
Bissmire

User status: Offline
16th Dec 10 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw this post on PH and thought it was pretty funny. Seems a good way to deal with eBay messers!

quote:
Originally posted by Legend

First of all, I am not claiming to have invented this trick. I imagine others have used it with varying degrees of success. I also want to point out that nothing here is embellished or exaggerated.

I had tickets to a sporting event and couldn't attend. I made a 1-day listing and clearly stated that the tickets must be picked up in person within 24 hours (the game was the evening after the auction ended, so there wasn't any time to ship the tickets). A woman won the auction for about $600. The auction had ended at 10:00am and by 5:00pm she still hadn't responded to my emails trying to organize the exchange. Finally, at 9:30pm, I got a one-liner email: "I overbid and my husband won't let me buy these. Sorry and enjoy the game! :)"

I first tried explaining that I wouldn't have the time to resell the tickets (I already got turned down by the losing bidders). She said, "... that's not my problem. It's eBay, not a car dealership. I can back out if I want." I still don't understand the car dealership reference.

I was pretty upset. I was basically going to be stuck with tickets to an event that I couldn't attend. That's when I got the idea to convince her to change her mind.

I created a new eBay account, "Payback" we'll call it, and sent her a message: "Hi there, I noticed you won an auction for 4 [sporting event] tickets. I meant to bid on these but couldn't get to a computer. I wanted to take my son and dad and would be willing to give you $1,000 for the tickets. I imagine that you've already made plans to attend, but I figured it was worth a shot."

At 11:30pm she responded to Payback: "I'll do it for $1,100, no less. I can meet you at the game if you agree. I need your phone number."

At 11:35pm, Payback wrote: "Deal. Here is my number..." (Thanks Google Voice for the throwaway number). She called a few minutes later and made Payback "promise" to go through with the deal. She emphasized that she'd be out a lot of money if Payback backed out. Payback swore he would never do such a thing.

At 11:45pm, the woman emailed me: "Fine. I'll buy them. But you have to drop them off at my house tonight. I'll have the cash ready." So at fucking midnight I drove to her house across town and met her on the road in front of her apartment building. She was a nasty and rude individual. Things didn't get any better when I told her I wanted an extra $20 for the trouble of driving there at midnight (yeah, pushing my luck, I know). It became very awkward and she literally threw 31 $20 bills at me. I counted them before handing over the tickets. I said, "thanks for the great transaction" as she flipped me off while walking away.

At 10:00am she called Payback to make sure they were still on for the exchange. Payback said that he could no longer go to the game and wouldn't be able to do the exchange. She blew her fucking top and I swear to god started speaking in tongues. Payback said, "Ma'am, this is eBay, not a car dealership" and hung up.

I got a rabid email 10 minutes later telling me that I was going to hell and that she's reported me to the local police, FBI, and... the fire department. WTF?

I never heard another word from her. I have no idea if she went to the game or not.

Was this wrong?

The Reply

“Fuxking funny fucker! You know you can go to JAIL for this. YOu theef!!!!! [City] cops FBI fire and government already no. Your done. I got your number and your name. This is thefting property FUCKER!!! Give my $620 back or everything bad wiil happen – FUCK!!!!! You cant steal and get away. Refund me now or else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You dpnt want a lawsuit. Trust me. u dont. You can have tickets jut give my my money and be done.”

[Edited on 16-12-2010 by Bissmire]

[Edited on 16-12-2010 by Bissmire]
GF-91
Banned

16th Dec 10 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rich H

16th Dec 10 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmsl Genius.
reaudioxxx

16th Dec 10 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the best one iv heard and awesome way to get the money
SXIBLK

16th Dec 10 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ha love that
Neo

16th Dec 10 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Truely Brilliant, using another persons greed to close the deal
Brett
Premium Member

16th Dec 10 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OMFG That's fuckin awesome
Bissmire

16th Dec 10 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's amazing isn't it? I'm just looking for the link again as I forgot to add the email he received from her after.
Bissmire

16th Dec 10 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just added the reply.
Whittie

16th Dec 10 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is amazing
Fro

16th Dec 10 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Butler

16th Dec 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant. Hope its all true.
Bissmire

16th Dec 10 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
Brilliant. Hope its all true.

I have my doubts, but it's worth a laugh anyway
Pablo

16th Dec 10 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, ebay can be a joke
Sam
Premium Member

16th Dec 10 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It might have been true once upon a time but not these days, as the winning bidder of an auction/BIN item on eBay is not disclosed to anyone except the seller.

Funny though.
Bissmire

16th Dec 10 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
It might have been true once upon a time but not these days, as the winning bidder of an auction/BIN item on eBay is not disclosed to anyone except the seller.

Funny though.

It was the seller
Neo

16th Dec 10 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bissmire
quote:
Originally posted by Sam

Funny though.

It was the seller

"payback" said they saw who won the auction. Not possible.
Bissmire

16th Dec 10 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
quote:
Originally posted by Bissmire
quote:
Originally posted by Sam

Funny though.

It was the seller

"payback" said they saw who won the auction. Not possible.

Ah right, apologies. I thought he assumed 'Payback' was a third party
Neo

16th Dec 10 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope its true and the women didnt know people can't see who won
Bissmire

16th Dec 10 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me too, either that or someone is good at writing stories!
JonnyJ

16th Dec 10 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FPMSL at saying she had told the fire department
Brett
Premium Member

16th Dec 10 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a right 'consequences will never be the same'
ed

16th Dec 10 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He won at life.
Twiggy

16th Dec 10 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back in the day you could see all the bidders...

I once got double snipperd and cunt sent me an email saying "better luck next time!"
Tomnova16
Premium Member

16th Dec 10 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesomeness

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eBay messer revenge - Womans Reply added 23 database queries in 0.0285320 seconds