corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bosses not "taking" bonuses!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bosses not "taking" bonuses!
Rob_Quads

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 10 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone else get riled when they hear about some Boss of a company "deciding" to not take his bonus as a result of some of the problems the company having.

Today is the perfect example. Boss of Heathrow airport said that the cockup of heathrow over the last few days was his responsibility and so he was not going to 'take' his bonus.

Too dam right - You shouldn't 'take' it because it should not be given.

taylorboosh

22nd Dec 10 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would still take my bonus
alan-g-w

22nd Dec 10 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh just because he's been caught out the exact same as everyone else in the country doesn't mean he's a total worst cunt. Fair enough, it's his job to keep things moving, but how do you do that under X amount of inches of snow?

Basically you'd probably find that he deserves it for the other 11 months of the year that he has done good work. I can respect the guy for not wanting to take it.
Nath

22nd Dec 10 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's his fault it snowed IMO.
C2RL R

22nd Dec 10 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christmas bonus's piss me off anyway. Our office staff get a £300 Christmas bonus but we get fuck all extra. It's us that make the company it's money not the girl who sits at reception. We all have our jobs to do so we should all get a bonus.
taylorboosh

22nd Dec 10 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
Christmas bonus's piss me off anyway. Our office staff get a £300 Christmas bonus but we get fuck all extra. It's us that make the company it's money not the girl who sits at reception. We all have our jobs to do so we should all get a bonus.

no, shit rolls down hill
dannymccann

22nd Dec 10 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R

Granted, something for everyone not just for individual teams, thats harse. But £300 is very generous, company I work for made net profits of $2.6billion last year but we only get £35 LoveToShop vouchers, still its free money so you dont complain!
Rob_Quads

22nd Dec 10 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How many of the staff at airports are going to get nice big bonuses for working thier arse off during these hard times. Not many at all I can tell you.

OK the snow was not his fault - don't disagree with this.

Has the airport handled the issues well. Nope not by a long shot.
Hammer

22nd Dec 10 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have to hold your hands up sometimes.

We were at our Christmas night out on Friday and there was a power cut for over an hour. All the directors at each table were going mental, ours included, shouting the odds for senior management etc...

What the fuck were they supposed to do? Stick the overalls on and go find the fault at the power station?

If it snows it snows, you can't lay the blame for it on someone. Fair enough if they are not being pro-active in finding alternatives or solutions but that's in rare cases.
John

22nd Dec 10 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be taking my bonus.
emicen

22nd Dec 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Does anyone else get riled when they hear about some Boss of a company "deciding" to not take his bonus as a result of some of the problems the company having.

Today is the perfect example. Boss of Heathrow airport said that the cockup of heathrow over the last few days was his responsibility and so he was not going to 'take' his bonus.

Too dam right - You shouldn't 'take' it because it should not be given.

I dont get riled, I say fair play to him for holding his hands up.

I DO get riled when you get cunts like the head of HMRC making statements about the tax debacle saying its not his/their fault and no he doesnt need to say sorry. Nice punitive pay thumping might focus such leeches minds a little clearer on their responsibility and work ethic.
alan-g-w

22nd Dec 10 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
How many of the staff at airports are going to get nice big bonuses for working thier arse off during these hard times. Not many at all I can tell you.

OK the snow was not his fault - don't disagree with this.

Has the airport handled the issues well. Nope not by a long shot.

It's what happens mate. I'm a mech fitter to trade and you used to get people moaning about the pay, that without the workforce the company would be nothing. That is true and I'm definetely on these peoples' sides but after getting my fingers burnt a couple of times I've come down to the way of thinking you need to come down to - the guy above you, whether it's your supervisor or your CEO, is always going to be in a 'better' position than you in the company so to speak, financially and in terms of power.

You're speaking about the boss being responsible for not having handled it well - you have no idea what the people working under him are like, he may well have set out a plan to deal with the weather situation and the managers who report to him fucked it up. The people driving the snow plows might have been skiving like fuck and you've seen how the baggage handlers act when they can be kind of arsed on a warm day.

You'll never know exactly whose fault it is, but just because he's the big boss and there was a couple of weeks of disruption you think anything positive he's done in the last year should be discounted? I reckon he's not accepted his bonus because the Daily Mail hate crowd would be all over him in an instant.
John

22nd Dec 10 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's why he gets big bonuses, he takes the flak whether it's his fault or not.
alan-g-w

22nd Dec 10 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly my point, he's the face of the company the same as the Prime Minister's the face of the country and he has to deal with a bunch of shit that's not directly his fault - it's part and parcel of a high profile job like that.

[Edited on 22-12-2010 by alan-g-w]
nathy_87

22nd Dec 10 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Their loss tbh.
Ben G

22nd Dec 10 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have any of you ever been on a plane when snow is on the runway?

i did last xmas going from stansted to glasgow and i can tell you now, it was quite possibly the single most un-nerving experience i've ever had.

airport workers are not gods. they can't stop the weather.

i think he'd rather take the grief of all the delays then have a plane go out there and skid off the runway, potentially killing people.

imagine what the media would say then...

''heathrow boss in negligence for letting planes take off in blizzards''.
taylorboosh

22nd Dec 10 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Imo any one who is given a bonus or payoff ect that is contracted or owed to them whether justified or not should accept it
Bart

22nd Dec 10 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
It's his fault it snowed IMO.

Indeed, but it is his fault he didn't have enough snow clearing vehicles, not enough staff and MASSIVELY under estimated how long the snow clearing job would take to do.
A common trate for most management.
Nath

22nd Dec 10 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And what info does he have to go on? The ever so reliable MET office?
Bart

22nd Dec 10 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
And what info does he have to go on? The ever so reliable MET office?

Yes, but there should have been better measurements in place...
It's costing the country (and not to mention the airport) hundreds of millions, you cant just go by the whim of a gut feeling 'it'll probably be ok'.

Not only did they poorly judge the snow, but they poorly judged how long it would take to clear... It's a funk up, not a fault on the weather department.

Sweden get it 100 times worse and never cancel flights.

[Edited on 22-12-2010 by Bart]
Hammer

22nd Dec 10 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It snowed and some people couldn't get on a plane. FFS get over it

Shows you the society we live in just now, everyone wants everything yesterday and if not they kick the toys out pram and want compensated for it.
Bart

22nd Dec 10 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

Shows you the society we live in just now, everyone wants everything yesterday and if not they kick the toys out pram and want compensated for it.

I'm gonna be honest, if I'd pay 5k for a holiday, I simply 'wouldn't get over it'?
Hammer

22nd Dec 10 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could pay 5.5 million quid for a holiday, you can't stop the weather unfortunately. The ultimate leveller.

If Roman Abramovich was scheduled to go to Russia on the same day he's not going either, that's the way it is.
AndyKent

22nd Dec 10 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

I'm gonna be honest, if I'd pay 5k for a holiday, I simply 'wouldn't get over it'?

You would have insurance though.
John

22nd Dec 10 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What if they had the runway cleared but the weather still prevented them from taking off or landing, who would you complain to then

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bosses not "taking" bonuses! 22 database queries in 0.0154500 seconds