corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Petrol station staff

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Petrol station staff
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Jan 11 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to get some petrol this morning from the servo by my local Sainsbury's, anyway I only wanted to fill up £40.00 so I very carefully and slowly held the lever and it got to £39.99. Kept my hand in the same position and the price suddenly jumped up to £40.01 (amount of fuel stayed EXACTLY the same!) - WTF!

Told the dickhead inside the kiosk about this and he just said "it doesn't make any difference" with a smug look on his face. The other muppet working behind the counter said to me "you can come back at 9.30 and speak to the manager" - yes because I'm going to drive all the way back to the petrol station AGAIN to repeat my complaint, fucking retard!

I know it's only a penny, but the person that used the same pump before me also filled up to £40.01 so I'm guessing the pump needs recalibrating, so they're obviously doing this to loads of other people and probably at the other pumps there too, all these pennies soon add up!

What pisses me off the most is not so much the 1p but the attitude of the staff. I made a complaint online to Sainsburys just now, so maybe I might get an apology and some vouchers to use in store...

[/rant]

[Edited on 13-01-2011 by Sam]
Gary
Premium Member

13th Jan 11 at 08:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a penny
AlunJ

13th Jan 11 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always thought it does it just to piss you off when you have exact cash I see your point but for a penny is it really worth the hassle?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Jan 11 at 08:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
It's a penny
Sam
Premium Member

13th Jan 11 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but it's not "just a penny" though is it - if this happens to hundreds of people on a daily basis, this soon adds up.

If other petrol stations are lax about maintaining their pumps, they can potentially end up with £100s or £1000s of YOUR money because, in keeping with British tradition, no-one could be bothered to complain!
pow
Premium Member

13th Jan 11 at 08:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm convinced that a petrol station around my way which I won't use anymore charges you £1 without actually dispensing any petrol at the start of a fillup. It's a dirty horrible place that never looks like it's seen maintenance in all it's life!
Ant

13th Jan 11 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's just due to the high price of fuel and high speed delivery on modern pumps make it increment so fated. I remember when I worked in one 10 years ago you would always get someone moaning or askinking if you had a switch to make it go up by a penny!
Sam
Premium Member

13th Jan 11 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuel prices have always been high

That's got nothing to do with it, I've used petrol stations literally thousands of time since I began driving back in 1998, I don't constantly have this penny issue!

Tom G

13th Jan 11 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ not a big deal! Also the staff can't really do anything without the manager being there. I suggest you get a grip of yourself this morning! The staff was probably following procedures I.E telling you to make the complaint to the manager etc. I bet they get someone in everyday saying the same thing, so its a bit hard to be sincere and give a fuck about a guy moaning about a penny!

Also at people thinking they've discovered a mass petrol pump scam! Jibjob will tell you how it works
Sam
Premium Member

13th Jan 11 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
Christ not a big deal! Also the staff can't really do anything without the manager being there. I suggest you get a grip of yourself this morning!

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
What pisses me off the most is not so much the 1p but the attitude of the staff.

Russ

13th Jan 11 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy fuel elsewhere
mattk

13th Jan 11 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with you, I wouldnt have complained though

Tom G

13th Jan 11 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please note the bit that you haven't quoted! I hate people think that customer service staff should bend over backwards for you! They are there to keep the store running not listen to you moan!
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

13th Jan 11 at 09:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sam, you can always report the petrol station to your local Trading Standards, who will ask the local Office for Weights and Measures to check the pump is calibrated correctly.
AlunJ

13th Jan 11 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing I always wonder is how you know for certain your getting how ever many litres it says, could be bullshitting and charging you extra anyway and if it were done on purpose surely this would happen as it's less obvious.
AK

13th Jan 11 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look at the minium uits on the fuel scale? How much fuel does 1p buy you? Enough to register in the fuel scale?

I doubt it.

You didnt get robbed, you got a thimble full of fuel
Sam
Premium Member

13th Jan 11 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't go in jumping up and down ranting and raving FFS it was a comment I made to the retard that served me.

Basic customer service (example - saying something like "yes sometimes it does that due to <whatever>" would have sufficed.

I don't see how expecting basic customer service is me expecting staff to "bend over backwards".

And your comment "They are there to keep the store running not listen to you moan" - if they didn't have any customers they wouldn't have a fucking store to run would they, people vote with their feet at the end of the day!

Are you a customer service agent somewhere, Tom G?

John

13th Jan 11 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I complained to Shell once, they replied very quickly and asked for my details to give to the petrol station owner.

No chance in Glasgow
Tom G

13th Jan 11 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sam don't go to there again, I'm not to sure they will miss you. Nope I don't, bet tend to get a few people moan at me just to make themselves feel better , makes for a a laugh in the office when they do! But when I say I'll put you through to the appropriate department to make complaints and they always back down...
Sam
Premium Member

13th Jan 11 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've worked in customer service jobs in the past so I do know what it's like BTW - I'm not the sort of guy that just complains to staff about anything and everything, but when I see a complete lack of customer service I will make a point of complaining to someone in authority.

If people don't like having to answer the same kinds of questions regularly they shouldn't be in that job TBH.
dan_m1les

13th Jan 11 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing is, if the fuel is £1.25 a litre... putting a penny in isn't always going to change the screen as it only shows two decimal places...

If that makes sense?
Phillips_91

13th Jan 11 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh this pisses me off a little bit aswell, i've had it before where i've put x amount of petrol in (say £10) put the pump back it still says x amount, walk in to pay and im told to pay £10.01! made to walk back to my car to get the fucking penny! had this on a couple of occasions really fucks me off! only ever happens when i only have a tenner on me
Tom G

13th Jan 11 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Totally know Sam, but sometimes its a bit hard to care. I know what you mean though, I would point out if I had a problem.
ste_p23

13th Jan 11 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
Please note the bit that you haven't quoted! I hate people think that customer service staff should bend over backwards for you! They are there to keep the store running not listen to you moan!
. Couldn't agree more with this statement it's spot on!
Andrew

13th Jan 11 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a penny Sam. The price of fuel is what pissed me right off!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Petrol station staff 22 database queries in 0.0188751 seconds