corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Robert Kubica "seriously injured" in rally crash

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Robert Kubica "seriously injured" in rally crash
Aaron

User status: Offline
6th Feb 11 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9388940.stm
JonnyJ

6th Feb 11 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just seen this, wonder how bad he is?

Worrying with the new F1 season just around the corner
Aaron

6th Feb 11 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't sound good, but then again, when Tiger Woods "crashed" his car outside his house that time...some websites reported that he had serious injuries...and some reported that he was dead ...and it turned out to be nothing at all.

Ben G

6th Feb 11 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that man has no luck whatsoever hope he recovers quick but can't see his 2 fractures getting sorted in 5 weeks.

Rob E

6th Feb 11 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats so unlucky as he is going to miss out on vital testing time now. I bet Bruno Senna cant believe his luck though!
Nath

6th Feb 11 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surprised he's allowed to compete in Rallying. Normally F1 drivers are wrapped in cotton wool because of insurance.
Jamie-C

6th Feb 11 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a pity, he was always good for mixing up the field in F1, hopefully hes better soon
Ben J

6th Feb 11 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rumours that his right hand is fucked. Nearly had to be amputated. :-(
Rick Draper

6th Feb 11 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Rumours that his right hand is fucked. Nearly had to be amputated. :-(

Jeremy Beadle
Dom

8th Mar 12 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/kubica-cannot-pick-up-a-glass-to-drink-alguersuari/

Audio (14:20 mark) - http://soundcloud.com/matthew-layton/matthew-layton-zoneoneradio-7

quote:
I think Robert is and was a fantastic driver, fast and complete. I am sure that he could be a world champion without a doubt. At present day the latest information that I have about him is not not very good. He can not drink using the hand, i mean he can not take a glass and drink so it does not look too good. I think his injury is worse than expected. Of course I would like him to come back, because without a doubt he deserves to be in F1.

Looks like it is game over for getting back into F1 Hopefully we'll see him in another series though because he was a good a driver!
Nismo

8th Mar 12 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben G

8th Mar 12 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would love to see something in f1 enabling disabled drivers like him being able to drive the cars.
emicen

8th Mar 12 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
would love to see something in f1 enabling disabled drivers like him being able to drive the cars.

Should be possible, I'm sure the cars have power steering. They managed to mod a cart for Zanardi to drive after he lost his legs.
Rob E

8th Mar 12 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He is part of a sport with some of the best engineers in the world as anything is possible. Fingers crossed for him that he is able to drive in F1 again
Hammer

8th Mar 12 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Disagree completely. Should they aid disabled people to run races in the Olympics? Or should they just leave them to compete in the Paralympics?
Dom

8th Mar 12 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Disagree completely. Should they aid disabled people to run races in the Olympics? Or should they just leave them to compete in the Paralympics?

So you're saying the current disabled drivers in motorsport, of which there are plenty (Nic Hamilton and Alex Zanardi, youtube his car it's pretty special in terms of setup, are two that spring to mind), shouldn't be there and shouldn't be allowed to race?
Hammer

8th Mar 12 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic Hamilton would not even be in a go kart championship but for his second name, Zanardi I know little of. However, there is a difference between the pinnacle of a sport and a tinpot championship.

To suggest a disabled person should be aided in F1 is ridiculous imo.
Dom

9th Mar 12 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Zanardi is an ex-F1 and Champcar driver, had an accident in 2001, lost both legs, now races in the WTCC (THIS is his car setup) and did do some testing in Sauber's F1 car. And he's still pretty handy with a steering wheel.

JonnyJ

9th Mar 12 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully they'll figure something out to help him like zanardi. End of the day a little lighter steering or something to aid grip is not going to provide any noticeable advantage over the rest of the field, he still has to drive the thing.
chrisritch

9th Mar 12 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Nic Hamilton would not even be in a go kart championship but for his second name

Hammer

9th Mar 12 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Zanardi is an ex-F1 and Champcar driver, had an accident in 2001, lost both legs, now races in the WTCC (THIS is his car setup) and did do some testing in Sauber's F1 car. And he's still pretty handy with a steering wheel.

I know who he is I meant his situation.
BarnshaW

9th Mar 12 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am divided on this, whilst i sort of agree with hammer i am also torn on the fact he is/was a competent F1 driver with years of experience and therefore should he be dropped and removed when there would be no doubt technology in place to keep him racing.
Dom

9th Mar 12 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom

I know who he is I meant his situation.

You said "Zanardi i know little of" But his situation is as i posted, no legs races in the WTCC and drove a modified Sauber.

Also i don't buy the advantage line, Zanardi mentioned that it was very difficult (this is before KERs and DRS to complicate things) in the F1.06 as he was having to steer round corners one handed due to the accelerator position on the wheel. Clearly he wasn't at an advantage
However this obviously raises the question of safety as F-Ducts, iirc, were partially banned on the grounds of safety due to a number of drivers (Ferrari being one of them) having to remove a hand from the wheel to activate the duct.

Either way, if teams could make the cars safe for a disabled then there is no reason why they couldn't or shouldn't race.
kennySRi

9th Mar 12 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Agree with this 100%.
Dom

9th Mar 12 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
quote:

Agree with this 100%.

Thanks for your argument, valid input

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Robert Kubica "seriously injured" in rally crash 23 database queries in 0.0176120 seconds