corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Terminator Salvation

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Terminator Salvation
Ojc

User status: Offline
14th Feb 11 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know its a couple years old now, but is it only me that feels it's the best Terminator film been made?

It's a film I keep watching over and over, it fits perfectly in with the other films and I love the fact it's not too far in the future, the technology used is still current but looks beat up.
Russ

14th Feb 11 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/chapter2.html
Jambo

14th Feb 11 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your joking right?!

It's woeful. First one is and will always be the best! Second was almost as good and less said about the other two the better.

Only redeemable quality is Sam worthington and the kid from Alpha dog. Oh and J.Conners wife who was fit
Ojc

14th Feb 11 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See even I like the 3rd one for the story development

I really like the film, this is why I mentioned it as so many people pan it.
Jambo

14th Feb 11 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it wasn't a terminator film I wouldn't have liked it at all. I loved the T600 scene and the outside post apocalypse world but you only see 3mins of it
That stupid robot gas station thing was utter gash and so was the shoehorning of Arnie and the ease of John Connor getting into skynet.

I don't hate the third one but I don't particularly think much of it. feels too much like Saturday afternoon tv with quavers and biscuits

[Edited on 14-02-2011 by Jambo]
Ben G

14th Feb 11 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was awful.
noshua

14th Feb 11 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Judgement Day is the best one by far.

edit; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I0EbZL8J5c

[Edited on 14-02-2011 by noshua]
adiohead

14th Feb 11 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1st = best
Ojc

14th Feb 11 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Judgement day for me is too clumpy, too much stop start but still a good film.
Brett
Premium Member

14th Feb 11 at 11:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I loved it. Couldn't understand what everyone was moaning at tbh.
Ojc

14th Feb 11 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the fact that the T-600 can be taken down with 5.56mm rounds. I also like that the previous films aren't forgotten about, like Kyle Reese commenting in Termninator that the T600 are slow and easy to spot and that is show in Salvation and that leads to the development of the T800 which again is shown in Salvation, also shows how John Connor gets his scar on his face.

Love all of that.
mwg

14th Feb 11 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Salvation is ok until they end up in the Terminator factory, then it takes a nosedive for me. I would of preferred to see more of the action taking place in the ruined cities etc.
Ojc

14th Feb 11 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can accept that Matty G
mwg

14th Feb 11 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there going to be another?
Ojc

14th Feb 11 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doubt it. I hope there is.
A1EX

14th Feb 11 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the talk is that the next film will be some pussified animated version of the first film
Ojc

14th Feb 11 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Directors and producers are lacking inspiration these days.
SetH

14th Feb 11 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As of June 2010, Pacificor has hired an agency to sell off the rights to franchise.[14][15] In August 2010 it was reported that a new Terminator film is being developed. The new film would not be a direct sequel to Salvation, but rather an animated reboot of the original series. It will be entitled Terminator 3000 and will be shot by Hannover House.[16] However, Pacificor, the owner of the rights to the Terminator franchise, has not given any official license to Hannover House to develop a new movie.[17] The company posted a warning to Hannover:

"Please be advised that developing, producing, marketing or in any other way utilising characters and situations which are part of the Terminator franchise infringes upon and interferes with Pacificor's ownership rights."

Pacificor, warning Hannover House for making a new Terminator movie, without any license.[18]
Dr Pepper

14th Feb 11 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its awfull

1 is good - 2 is a masterpiece
SetH

14th Feb 11 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone who thinks its awful, just like you are entitled to owning an arsehole you are entitled to your opinion but don't give up your day jobs and become film critics as you dont know WTF you are speaking about bunch of muggy cunts.

http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/review.asp?DVDID=118236

mwg

14th Feb 11 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Empire dont have a clue

[Edited on 14-02-2011 by mwg]
SetH

14th Feb 11 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Empire dont have a clue

[Edited on 14-02-2011 by mwg]

No, CS knows better.
Dr Pepper

14th Feb 11 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Empire and Total Film can not be trusted for reviews- they are not objective - they are not allowed to slate certain blockbusters....industry magazines want to encourage you to go and see these films, not put you off....the same as xbox magazine ect will never slate their own games.

So yes- corsasport probably does know better
Dr Pepper

14th Feb 11 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Critical receptionBased on 250 reviews collected by Rotten Tomatoes, critical reaction for Terminator Salvation was predominantly negative, with an overall 33% approval rating.[95] Among Rotten Tomatoes' Top Critics, which consists of popular and notable critics from the top newspapers, websites, television and radio programs,[96] the film holds an overall approval rating of 31%.[97] By comparison, Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the film has received an average score of 52, based on 35 reviews.[98] At all three websites, the film ranked lowest among the Terminator franchise films

Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun-Times gave the film 2 out of 4 stars, saying that "After scrutinizing the film, I offer you my summary of the story: Guy dies, finds himself resurrected, meets others, fights. That lasts for almost two hours."[99] Michael Rechtshaffen of the Hollywood Reporter wrote that the film isn't the same without Arnold Schwarzenegger and that it misses its dramatic element.[100] Likewise, Claudia Puig of USA Today gave the film a 2/4 and called it "predictable" with the "dramatic elements flat-lin[ing]". She noted that Christian Bale's performance was "one-dimensional", but Sam Worthington's and Anton Yelchin's were better.[101]

Betsy Sharkey of the Los Angeles Times stated that "[Bale's] strengths do not serve him, or the movie, as well here" and that "when the story starts to crumble around Bale, Worthington is there to pick up the pieces".[106] Craig Sharp of FilmShaft gave the film 3/5, saying "If you’re looking for action then this is one damn good film! If it’s character depth you’re after then move along please." [107] A.O. Scott of the New York Times said the film has "a brute integrity lacking in some of the other seasonal franchise movies" and "efficient, reasonably swift storytelling".[108] Ben Lyons and Ben Mankiewicz gave the film a "See It" and "Skip It", respectively, on their show At the Movies with the latter mentioning that it "is the worst big budget summer release I’ve seen in some time".[109]

Arnold Schwarzenegger, star of the preceding three films in the series, remarked that Terminator Salvation was "a great film, I was very excited".[110] James Cameron, creator of the series, considered it an "interesting film" that he "didn't hate as much as I thought I was going to", and praised Sam Worthington's performance.[111] Linda Hamilton, who portrayed Sarah Connor in The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgment Day and lent her voice to Terminator Salvation, wished the film "all the best" but expressed her opinion that the series "was perfect with two films. It was a complete circle, and it was enough in itself. But there will always be those who will try [to] milk the cow".[112]

then compare that to Total Film and Empire - who work for the movie business

Total Film's review gave the film 4/5 with its verdict: "The Terminator story recharges with a post-apocalyptic jolt of energy. Frantic and full of welcome ties to the past, it also ploughs new ground with purpose. Fingers crossed McG will follow Cameron’s lead and serve up a worthy sequel."[102] Devin Faraci of Empire magazine also gave a positive rating of four out of five stars, saying: "McG has sparked a moribund franchise back to life, giving fans the post-apocalyptic action they’ve been craving since they first saw a metal foot crush a human skull two decades ago."[103] However, on CHUD, the latter said, "Bale's desire to star as John Connor was probably the most fatal blow to the film; it completely distorted the shape of the story as it existed." Furthermore, he expressed that the third act was when the film began falling apart, saying, "McG and Nolan muddied the end of the picture, delivering action generics (yet another Terminator fight in a factory) while never finding their own hook that would give this movie more of an impact than you would get from an expanded universe novel."[104] In contrast, James Berardinelli considered the ending the best part of the film, feeling that the first two-thirds were "rambling and disjointed" and that the lack of a central villain was only fixed when the T-800 appeared.[105]

It was a money making excercise - where as the first two were masterful pieces of film, and straight out of the minds of genius writers and directers. This one was about milking the franchise and hoping that people that will go and watch anything that has terminator, alian or predetor glued to it

[Edited on 14-02-2011 by Dr Pepper]
Nath

14th Feb 11 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Anyone who thinks its awful, just like you are entitled to owning an arsehole you are entitled to your opinion but don't give up your day jobs and become film critics as you dont know WTF you are speaking about bunch of muggy cunts.

http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/review.asp?DVDID=118236

Did you ignore IMDB because they didnt like it?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0438488/

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Terminator Salvation 22 database queries in 0.0139959 seconds