corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Chernobyl - Kid of Speed Link

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Chernobyl - Kid of Speed Link
Ojc

User status: Offline
15th Feb 11 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Read

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/chapter2.html

Deserves its own thread, it has been posted on here before but it's a good real and the pictures etc are real just the story seems the woman took it upon herself to turn it into her own story
3CorsaMeal

15th Feb 11 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that place seriously needs a lick of paint, all will be fine after that
Ojc

15th Feb 11 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If me you and Steve lived there for a year I reckon we would come out as nice men.
Ojc

15th Feb 11 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The facts

On April 27, 2004 (18th anniversary + 1 day of the Chernobyl disaster) I did a tour of Chernobyl, the nuclear power station and the ghost town Pripyat. As part of this, I had lengthy discussions with my tour guide about Elena's website, and she told me a few things about it.

1) Her father is NOT a scientist. She does NOT have an 'unlimited access' pass to Chernobyl.
2) She has never been on a motorcycle inside Chernobyl. If you notice, the pictures including her bike stop when she gets to the access control point. They did NOT let her in.
3) While she HAS been to Chernobyl, she did exactly the same tour I did, and she went with her husband.
4) In her original website, she mentioned she never goes inside buildings without a girl who lives in Chernobyl, who "is familiar in the ways of the atom and has good taste in shoes" and makes her living showing people around. This person's name is Rimma Kiselitsa. She works for the group Chernobylinterinform (http://www.chernobyl.info) - and was my tour guide.

Yes, I had the same tour guide in Chernobyl that Elena had.

But there's more. I'll give an example - one of the pictures on her original site was inside a kindergarden. It's a picture of a baby's crib, with a photo of Lenin, a child's gas mask, and some toys. These photos were 'staged' by Elena's husband. He found the photo of Lenin elsewhere, put it in the cott and placed a gas mask alongside then took a photo of it.

This annoyed Rimma immensely. She was not impressed from start to finish about Elena and her husband, as they seemed to be trying to take photos for shock value - not how the place really is. I had no intention of doing such things (in fact, I saw the very cott they took the picture of I mentioned above, still in the same state that they left it in), and Rimma picked up on this. She took me to MANY places she didn't even tell Elena about. As part of my day's tour, I took over 400 photographs. I watched Rimma remove the gas mask and photograph of Lenin, and put them back in their original homes.

The reason I was told all of this was because Rimma is very annoyed about the whole affair - she's getting phone calls from movie producers wanting to make movies about this "heroic" girl. She's getting people demanding the same unlimited access pass that Elena supposedly has. These do not exist, and she's sick of explaining it to people. When I mentioned I too wished to create a website, she started to talk about it all. Rimma has been featured in Maxim magazine, a number of other magazines and newspapers, and indeed the day I did the tour she told me if I got back to my hotel in Kiev on time to turn on Channel 1 at 7:30pm - she was hosting a documentry on Chernobyl (which looked interesting, but I'm an Australian - I don't speak Ukrainian. I couldn't understand a word).

As part of this, I have offered for her to proof read my website before it goes live, to make sure I have all the facts right. In return, Rimma has said that I may use an "Endorsed by Chernobylinterinform" logo on the page.

So yes, Elena's website is fake, and much of the things she discusses are complete, utter, 100% bullshit.. such as you have to stand in the middle of the road. Rimma and I strolled through parks, across fields, around gardens, everywhere. At the end of it, the machine said I had as much radioactivity as when I arrived. Bugger all. This is Rimma's job, this is her life, and she's been doing it for 10 years. She KNOWS what she's talking about, and is truly one of the nicest people I've ever met.

I'll just finish by giving a link to a panoramic photo I took on a rooftop in the centre of Pripyat - it also shows Rimma in it standing just below me (in fact, due to the way the photos were stitched together she's actually shown twice).

http://www.web-axis.net/~pulse/chernobyl/prypyat-panoramic.jpg (4mb - 13,112 x 952 resolution)

Details of the tour that I AND Elena did can be found at http://www.ukrcam.com/tour/tour_3.html - where you can also book your own tours if you're interested. By the way, it's not exactly a tour group - it was myself, my driver (in the fearsome Soviet Lada car) and Rimma. That's it. It's a private tour, not exactly a Greyhound tour of Chernobyl..

It was quite simply the most AMAZING experience I've ever had.

Tony Brown (pulse .. at .. web-axis.net)

[fixed the photo link]

[Edited on 15-02-2011 by Ian]
3CorsaMeal

15th Feb 11 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i don't get it, what is there to see, just empty stuff, i don't know why people like visiting empty stuff.

i could start a really cheap holiday resort if people like nothing

i reckon the only appeal would be to go and steal peoples stuff
Bissmire

15th Feb 11 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol busted
Ojc

15th Feb 11 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's eerie, bet Butler would like to see it.
emicen

15th Feb 11 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd like to see it tbh. Would be like the Turkish part of Cyprus but even more of a time warp (and without turks obviously :lol
Sam
Premium Member

15th Feb 11 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That website makes me want to go buy a Geiger counter and check everything for radiation.
Ojc

15th Feb 11 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First thing I would check is Steves breath.
Steve
Premium Member

15th Feb 11 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you realise that if the russian men hadnt sacrificed there lives to get the concrete sarcaphagus onto the exploded reactor there is a high chance that the nuclear cloud could have poisoned most of europe.

also the concrete sarcarphagus is now crumbling and could leak nuclear materials into underground natural water reservoirs and poison the water supplies for a lot of europe

[Edited on 15-02-2011 by Steve]
Ojc

15th Feb 11 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes mate
John

15th Feb 11 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love Chernobyl
Steve
Premium Member

15th Feb 11 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why should you never wear russian underpants?

Because Chernobyl fall out

3CorsaMeal

15th Feb 11 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i say nuke it
Russ

15th Feb 11 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/chapter2.html
ed

15th Feb 11 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
i say nuke it

Already done that [/CORSA NUT]
Butler

15th Feb 11 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id love to visit Chernobyl. Its not the best report ive seen in fairness. I dont think its easy to comprehend what is so fascinating about visiting a place like this unless you experience it for yourself. I wouldnt fancy walking about without any sort of protection though, radiation scares me somewhat.
Butler

15th Feb 11 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
That website makes me want to go buy a Geiger counter and check everything for radiation.

John

15th Feb 11 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Radiation levels aren't bad, they do day tours.
3CorsaMeal

15th Feb 11 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just go for a walk around Old Harlow, its pretty much the same, but full of zombies in sports clothes
Ojc

15th Feb 11 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luton in winter looks similar.
Steve
Premium Member

15th Feb 11 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Radiation levels aren't bad, they do day tours.

in areas, the roads are ok, but stray off the roads, its bad
Ojc

15th Feb 11 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is more radioactive? Your breath or the nuclear reactor?
Steve
Premium Member

15th Feb 11 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your cock

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Chernobyl - Kid of Speed Link 22 database queries in 0.0155630 seconds