corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance question, where do I stand?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance question, where do I stand?
belton

User status: Offline
20th Feb 11 at 01:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, was in my car in a tesco car park earlier, waiting to go left down one of the lanes to find a space. This s3 shot up my arse so close i couldn't actually see it's headlight at all. anyway I was sitting waiting for the on coming traffic to pass as the car park was busy and there was no space. After the traffic past I went to set off, lifted my foot of the break and rolled back about an inch (3 witnesses) into his front bumper. The damage is so minimal, my bumper nothing, his is slightly scratched above the fog light.
He was a young Asian guy in a tracksuit, saying it was his dads loan car and didn't wanna go through insurance, and I certainly don't!
He stunk of weed and there were two girls in his car both rolling spliffs (irrelevant but more to paint the picture)
Where do I stand? Who's fault? I assumed it was mine bur I've been told otherwise? We left with each others names, reg and phone number. He wants me to try n polish it out tomo.

Where do I stand? Incase he claims. Thanks all
Twiggy

20th Feb 11 at 01:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should have called the rozzers mate .... sounds like he is uninsured....+weed issue
Colin

20th Feb 11 at 01:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell him to poke it!!

Corsa_Sport21

20th Feb 11 at 01:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He probably isnt insured if he has said he dosnt want to go through insurance.

You should have taken a picture of it theyr and then.

Just try and polish it out if its not deep into the actual bumper.

If it dosnt come out,take a photo and say he will need to claim off your insurance and see what he says.
belton

20th Feb 11 at 01:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I just really can't afford to have any kind of claim on my record. Really shit. Didn't think of rozzers tbh, wasn't bothered about the weed tbh. Just dont know who would be at fault?
Corsa_Sport21

20th Feb 11 at 01:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you rolled into him it will be your fault regardless of how close he was too you.
belton

20th Feb 11 at 01:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was dark. Couldnt see any damage tbh. So It was my fault?

As i said there were sone very light scratches above his fog light. Was a 58 plate s3, they have a slight lip above the fog on the bumper. It's the lip that is abit marked. Didn't look deeper than laquer tbh
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

20th Feb 11 at 01:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you both get the witnesses details?
JordyCarter

20th Feb 11 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ha, should of said you wanted some joint!
belton

20th Feb 11 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a bastard.
I though there was some rule about keeping a certain distance?
Corsa_Sport21

20th Feb 11 at 02:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah when driving i think.If you were both stationary then i cant see that applying.
belton

20th Feb 11 at 02:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WItnesses were in my car. Three of his mates came over after it happened. They can't have seen anything though
belton

20th Feb 11 at 02:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Yeah when driving i think.If you were both stationary then i cant see that applying.

Yea that's what I thought, but my mate was saying because we were on a road as such that shouldn't apply, we were not parked up, just waiting in traffic
Mike
Premium Member

20th Feb 11 at 02:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Witnesses in your car won't be able to stand because they're obviously gonna stick to your story. Three of his mates sounds convenient but there's not much can be done about that and what they've seen and what they say they've seen are 2 completely different things, my Dad got done with that a few years back, had a bump, not his fault, no witnesses so was looking at 50/50 anyway then suddenly the other bloke came up with 2 witnesses out of nowhere and my Dad got stung for it

But then in your case there's still the question of whether or not he's actually insured, if not then witnesses aren't gonna be much use to him anyway

[Edited on 20-02-2011 by Mike B]
belton

20th Feb 11 at 02:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah shits. Well the kid doesn't wanna go through insurance so hopefully I can polish it out for him tomo.
I would be so gutted otherwise.
Mike
Premium Member

20th Feb 11 at 02:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See how it goes. If you can get it out of him that he's not actually insured (be subtle, he might not appreciate accusations) then I'd tell him to jog on, he took the risk, he can pay the price. Report him once you get home for good measure too

[Edited on 20-02-2011 by Mike B]
GTM

20th Feb 11 at 02:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck him, if hes not insured whats he going to do? I wouldnt even polish it for him.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

20th Feb 11 at 03:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont contact him!
belton

20th Feb 11 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He has my number plate!
MarkM

20th Feb 11 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I predict a claim being made for personal injury. I wouldn't put it past him to say his car was loaded up with passengers either.
Sam
Premium Member

20th Feb 11 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you know the scratch on his bumper wasn't there BEFORE you rolled into him?

Personally if I saw evidence of drug use in his car I'd have called the police, I bet you he would have said "don't worry about the scratch/damage/insurance" and drove off...
pow
Premium Member

20th Feb 11 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'd have told him to do one, his Dad's loan car and drug use in the car? Coppers would have a field day.
belton

20th Feb 11 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He claimed he was insured etc. Really I should have said yea I'll call the police for witness but I panicked.
He must be pretty well off for even his dad to own a 58plate s3, so that why I assumed he was insured.
I am just gutted it happened in the stupidest way possible. IMO it should be 50/50, I should have had more control over the car but he shouldn't have been sitting on my arse. Not that any insurance company would see it like that!

[Edited on 20-02-2011 by belton]
LeeM

20th Feb 11 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any fully independant witnesses? if not he hit you in the rear.
in my experience if someone says they dont want to go through insurance when its not their fault its because they either dont have insurance or have a massive excess. tell him youve spoken to your insurer and theyre confident its not going to be found to be your fault, so if he wants to sort it out he'll have to speak with his insurer
belton

20th Feb 11 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No fully independant witnesses. Thing is he seemed so high he could hardly talk. The girl he was with kept asking him to hurry up!
I think I'll wait for him to call me, then try n sort something from there, best I can do really.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance question, where do I stand? 22 database queries in 0.1082909 seconds