corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Remember the cops that crashed that Evo?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Remember the cops that crashed that Evo?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Mar 11 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like the pigs are getting what they deserve for acting like twats

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3469947/Joyride-cops-crash-drink-drivers-car.html
Steve
Premium Member

16th Mar 11 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fockin pigs fck em 4eva
Conway563

16th Mar 11 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fockin pigs fck em 4eva

GSi Ghost

16th Mar 11 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its so frustrating, they'll get a slap on the wrists whereas, really, the driver should face a ban for dangerous driving like that! ...and probably be permanently suspended from "driving duties"
ryzer

16th Mar 11 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This Should happen to all drink drivers tbh.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

16th Mar 11 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not defending the drink dirver, he gets what he deserves

im saying if the cops move your car for you, surely you shouldnt have to come back finding it in the state those 2 coppers left it in, they actually crashed it and rolled it into someones garden, they were sober, the drink driver just got pulled and tested
chrisritch

16th Mar 11 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Considering he was drink driving, will his insurance pay out for that?
Rick Draper

16th Mar 11 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate is good friends with one of them.
A2H GO

16th Mar 11 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ryzer

I love how every jumps on the 'fuck the drink driver' bandwagon.

I personally agree that you shouldn't have anything to drink at all if you're driving but thats not the law. The law is that you are allowed to consume a certian amount of alcohol and still legally drive. However the guidelines around how much this is exactly are so unclear its no wonder so many people get pulled over and find they are unknowingly over the limit. IMO this is different to those who willingly go out and nail 10 pints then attempt to drive back yet they are all tarred with the same brush.
MarkSport

16th Mar 11 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fairplay to the justice system here!
ryzer

16th Mar 11 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:

I love how every jumps on the 'fuck the drink driver' bandwagon.

I personally agree that you shouldn't have anything to drink at all if you're driving but thats not the law. The law is that you are allowed to consume a certian amount of alcohol and still legally drive. However the guidelines around how much this is exactly are so unclear its no wonder so many people get pulled over and find they are unknowingly over the limit. IMO this is different to those who willingly go out and nail 10 pints then attempt to drive back yet they are all tarred with the same brush.

Everyone knows that you shouldnt drink at all, however it is impossible for the police to outright ban drinking and driving as it makes the issue worse. If you have 1 beer you could be over the limit. You run the risk you should pay the price by having your car crushed. Then less would risk it in the first place.

But yes the officers here are out of order, but I'm not feeling bad for the owner at all.
Kathryn W

16th Mar 11 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Disgusting! They are a law to themselves!

I thought i recognised the one on the right - he lives in my town!
pow
Premium Member

16th Mar 11 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent
John

16th Mar 11 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

However the guidelines around how much this is exactly are so unclear

It's not unclear, it's exact.

They can't say X pints because that then isn't exact or measurable.
ed

16th Mar 11 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The owner of the car got the smallest ban and a little fine, I guess he was probably very close to the limit after having maybe one or two jars. Just shows how careful you need to be and why in hindsight it's a bad idea not to have anything if you plan on driving.
Neo

16th Mar 11 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Everyone knows that you shouldnt drink at all, however it is impossible for the police to outright ban drinking and driving as it makes the issue worse. If you have 1 beer you could be over the limit. You run the risk you should pay the price by having your car crushed.

Seriously

Have you never even had a half before then driving back to the office/home ??

I will happily enjoy a pint with lunch or dinner (admittedly of something that is almost the same as watery piss - fosters, carlsberg etc) and then drive. I take into consideration i've had a drink, however know that it won't actually affect me or my judgement or ability to make decisions. Ultimately I think I probably pay far more attention to braking distances, hazards etc than I would on my commute home.

Furthermore, having your car crushed I think if I was pulled and blew significantly over the limit (wouldn't happen) I'd essentially have lost my job, my home and then in the same moment your suggesting the car aswell ?

Hopefully nobody with any power will come up with idea's like this tbh !
stubs

16th Mar 11 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
Considering he was drink driving, will his insurance pay out for that?

Wouldn't it be the police's insurance that would pay out for the vehicle?
ryzer

16th Mar 11 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
quote:
Everyone knows that you shouldnt drink at all, however it is impossible for the police to outright ban drinking and driving as it makes the issue worse. If you have 1 beer you could be over the limit. You run the risk you should pay the price by having your car crushed.

Seriously

I will happily enjoy a pint with lunch or dinner (admittedly of something that is almost the same as watery piss - fosters, carlsberg etc) and then drive. I take into consideration i've had a drink, however know that it won't actually affect me or my judgement or ability to make decisions. Ultimately I think I probably pay far more attention to braking distances, hazards etc than I would on my commute home.

Furthermore, having your car crushed I think if I was pulled and blew significantly over the limit (wouldn't happen) I'd essentially have lost my job, my home and then in the same moment your suggesting the car aswell ?

It wouldnt matter if you blew significantly over the limit or not, even if you are 2mg over you are over and will still face the same, 12 months ban and a fine. its a risk, you dont know after 1 pint if you are over, you assume, its your choice.

it has been proven time and again that drinking effects your driving after 1 pint. Peoples attitudes that 'its fine, i have only had 1/2/3/4 pints but a massive dinner etc etc.' crap. If you need to drive dont drink.
Jamie Walby

16th Mar 11 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LADS!
Root

16th Mar 11 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Truth be told, just because he had a drink, that makes him more dangerous? He didn't flip his car into somebodies house, the officers did. I know who's the more dangerous driver here. Although I don't condone drink driving, just getting my point across
chrisritch

16th Mar 11 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Neo
quote:

Seriously

It wouldnt matter if you blew significantly over the limit or not, even if you are 2mg over you are over and will still face the same, 12 months ban and a fine. its a risk, you dont know after 1 pint if you are over, you assume, its your choice.

it has been proven time and again that drinking effects your driving after 1 pint. Peoples attitudes that 'its fine, i have only had 1/2/3/4 pints but a massive dinner etc etc.' crap. If you need to drive dont drink.

Whats it like up on that high horse of yours?
A2H GO

16th Mar 11 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Neo
quote:

Seriously

Whats it like up on that high horse of yours?

Why don't you ask your Avatar.
A2H GO

16th Mar 11 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:

However the guidelines around how much this is exactly are so unclear

It's not unclear, it's exact.

They can't say X pints because that then isn't exact or measurable.

Exactly. So many variants larger, spirits, wine with varying alcohol content. You have 2 pints at the pub but its very difficult to know exaclty how many units you've consumed, especially when the units only apply to people of average weight (12-13 stone for men) meaning if your 9 stone wet through the legal number of units could put you over, not even taking into account your metabolism, age, stress levels etc.

My stance is if your driving don't drink at all, that way you don't run the risk however the law says different so its no wonder so many people get caught, a lot of the time through bad luck, nothing to do with being a maniac and running people over.

[Edited on 16-03-2011 by A2H GO]
Ben D

16th Mar 11 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TL;DR, The cops will probably end up with the passenger having his charges dropped & the Driver will be found of guilty of dangerous driving after a trial, Can't see the CPS cutting any form of deal on it though simply because the offenders are coppers, Driver will then face some in house discipline.

As for drink drivers, if you drink anything at all an drive no matter how little your a selfish prick, end of, you might not be drunk but it is ridiculous to think that 1 pint will have zero affect, obviously it has some affect, lowering your responsiveness etc is dangerous not just to your self but to everybody else too!
ryzer

16th Mar 11 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
TL;DR, The cops will probably end up with the passenger having his charges dropped & the Driver will be found of guilty of dangerous driving after a trial, Can't see the CPS cutting any form of deal on it though simply because the offenders are coppers, Driver will then face some in house discipline.

As for drink drivers, if you drink anything at all an drive no matter how little your a selfish prick, end of, you might not be drunk but it is ridiculous to think that 1 pint will have zero affect, obviously it has some affect, lowering your responsiveness etc is dangerous not just to your self but to everybody else too!

amen.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Remember the cops that crashed that Evo? 22 database queries in 0.2153389 seconds