corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My STi 330s washed and polished.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My STi 330s washed and polished.
neoquip

User status: Offline
28th Mar 11 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After using the CarKandy ClayBar last week and being very pleased wit the results. I took up Richard @ www.CarKandy.co.uk offer of 10% off any product on their website (use the Mojo discount code when ordering to get 10% off )

So I bought some of the the URBAN Alloy wheel cleaner and the Juiced car Polish.

That arrived Friday...

Tonight, now it's light night I thought I'd give the car a wash after my 300mile round trip drive to Devises/Wiltshire this weekend. (that was a tank of SUL used)

I started with Snow Foam..

Rinsed that all off then gave it a hand wash with nice new microfiber sponge/wash mit, then rinsed the car again.

Next was to do the alloys with the URBAN alloy cleaner. Dead easy to do, spray on, agitate then rinse off (I used the jet wash again for that).
I can't believe how much muck came off the alloys.

I then dried the car off, with a shammy... a quick whizz round the block in the car to get the last bits of water out the crevices of the car.
Put the car back on the drive and dried the last spots of water off with a micro fibre cloth.

I then started doing a panel at a time with the Carkandy juiced car polish.

I started with the front wing and bonnet

All you do is apply with a soft cloth.. leave a few mins then polish off with a micro fibre cloth, it doesn't leave all white polish over the plastic trim either!
The pix don't do the finish on my car justice.
Having clay bar'd last week, this has just finished the car off. Paint work is now silky smooth. A lot better than I thought I'd ever get it. Its seems to have even taken out the little scratches that I noticed under some artifical lights. That made me pleased too.

I then started to loose the light so I put the car in the garage and finished off the roof, sides and the rear...

I'm over the moon with the results that I've got.. I'm no pro, I've just done it by hand and the paint work (I know its only two years old.. but it wasn't brilliant when the dealer said they'd valeted it!) looks fantastic.
When you think a litre of CarKandy JUICED Polish is under £10 why pay silly money when IMO my car looks fab.

The Alloys too have come up great with a nice clean sheen look to them. I've not had them like that as when I've washed them I use traffic film remover, with the URBAN alloy cleaner, there's no need to used TFR. The Urban cleaner is acid free too so a winner in my eyes.

I might be a real saddo and re polish the car again this week ready for the Total Impreza photo shoot on Sunday, got to have the car looking it's best.

any comments?
Jamie-C

28th Mar 11 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it
Ingham
Banned

28th Mar 11 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your mixture of snowfoam doesn't look right but good results
SetH

28th Mar 11 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome car, love it.

Great to see someone else getting into 'detailing'

Please don't use the word fab ever again.

Once paint is polished/corrected you dont need to keep doing it. Once you are happy with the finish (which looks like you are) then apply a good wax to protect it.

Ditch the chamois, bad for paint. Use a waffle weave or similar pro drying towel. I use aquagleam filters for the final rinse so can let it dry naturally without any spotting
Gareth F

28th Mar 11 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Seth, Fab is such a wrong word.

Jonny is right, what mix are you using? Not as bad as mine, I used 100% first time. No wonder there was no wax left when i rinsed it down
Ingham
Banned

28th Mar 11 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Awesome car, love it.

Great to see someone else getting into 'detailing'

Please don't use the word fab ever again.

Once paint is polished/corrected you dont need to keep doing it. Once you are happy with the finish (which looks like you are) then apply a good wax to protect it.

Ditch the chamois, bad for paint. Use a waffle weave or similar pro drying towel. I use aquagleam filters for the final rinse so can let it dry naturally without any spotting

The man talks sense, chamois are terrible for paint! And he's also right for the drying too.

Try an inch of snowfoam in your lance/bottle, put in a little shampoo, fill to the marker with warm water then have a practice with getting your mixture of water/solution right

Quick note too: if you're claying your car, a thick layer of snowfoam is a brilliant lube plus the snowfoam subsides when you have clayed the area so is easy to see where you've done.
neoquip

28th Mar 11 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fab , is cus I can't spell anything else lol

Snow foam is a 1"1/2 in the litre bottle. I can get it thicker if i use more stuff.. neat. But this did it's job and dirt was seen running off.

Chamois was one of those synthetic ones from halfords.. its like a rubber feel and needs to be kept wet in the plastic holder.

happy with results,still might polish it again this week... OCD i am now with car washing. lol
Ojc

28th Mar 11 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't have driven it around the block either, pic up load of dust you just polished into the paint.
big eck

29th Mar 11 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice but please take those smiley face stickers off, it looks tacky as hell.

The full bottom half and full rear of my car is covered in tar spots so i'll be taking it to a pro to get it taken off lol
neoquip

29th Mar 11 at 06:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tar spots!! come off dead easy with a cloth and some petrol on it, The prol softens it up and gets them off.
Ben J

29th Mar 11 at 06:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to increase the concentration of snowfoam. You shouldn't be able to see the car basically, but it should still be able to run off. I put about 1.5-2 inch in bottom of the bottle.

I can also highly recommend Autosmart Tardis for tar spots.

[Edited on 29-03-2011 by Ben J]
Piér

29th Mar 11 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I wouldn't have driven it around the block either, pic up load of dust you just polished into the paint.

+1, also the polish iirc does have light abrasives but I am guessing that most of the minor scratches (swirls) have been filled in by the polish.
As said by someone else, get some wax on it and it will look even better, you could even go and buy Poorboys White Diamond Glaze, you apply it after polishing and it works wonders on light cars, stick some wax over it and you will have a lovely looking motor
If you want protection then get some Collinite 476 if you want more of a bling then something like Raceglaze 55 or a Dodojuice wax will do you good
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 11 at 11:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car looks lovely

i wouldnt buy car cleaning products of a company which had labels printed out from MS Word mind
Ingham
Banned

29th Mar 11 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
You need to increase the concentration of snowfoam. You shouldn't be able to see the car basically, but it should still be able to run off. I put about 1.5-2 inch in bottom of the bottle.

Tardis is the bomb
3CorsaMeal

29th Mar 11 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Ingham
quote:

Tardis is the bomb

for tar, yes, not brake dust imo
3CorsaMeal

29th Mar 11 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Very nice but please take those smiley face stickers off, it looks tacky as hell.

+1

[Edited on 29-03-2011 by 3CorsaMeal]
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 11 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tardis is the bomb for time travel

imo
Ingham
Banned

29th Mar 11 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
quote:
quote:

Tardis is the bomb

G101 for that.
Xs

29th Mar 11 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do people put soap on their wheels and take pictures? I don't get it.
sharpy28

29th Mar 11 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your car is sex!
3CorsaMeal

29th Mar 11 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
quote:
quote:

Tardis is the bomb

G101 for that.

whats that and where do i get it?
Piér

29th Mar 11 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its made by autosmart and you can get it from PolishedBliss or from your local rep!
And steve, it doesnt matter if the label is printed straight from MS word, the product is good, the packaging doesnt have to be amazing as long as whats inside the bottle is.

[Edited on 29-03-2011 by Piér]
Steve
Premium Member

29th Mar 11 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok m8 no beef, id like to consider you my m8
Piér

29th Mar 11 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Piér

29th Mar 11 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's come to my attention that you meant the MS word thing about the OP! I thought you were on about Poorboys!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My STi 330s washed and polished. 22 database queries in 0.0201550 seconds