corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bank Day

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bank Day
will_doyle
Banned

User status: Offline
31st Mar 11 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grrrr

basically, I tried to order a shirt off Lyle and Scott today costing £70, at the end of the order it said, sorry we cant process your order. Something wrong with my address. My address on my card is different to the address I wanted it delivered to. I tried it again and it sayed the same!#

Just checked my balance and £140 has gone from my account!!

So just then I phoned up Lloyds and my the money has been E marked! basically means Lyle and Scott have my money, but the actual order hasnt been processed! takes the piss! I am phoning up Lyle and Scott tomorrow and they will send the money back, but will take 2-3 days?

Aaron

31st Mar 11 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ha ha!
Cavey

31st Mar 11 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£70 for a shirt? You were getting robbed anyway
BarnshaW

31st Mar 11 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why did you even need to mention the 70 quid part? what does the cost of it have to do with this?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get idiots like you everyday calling me about taking money and not delivering goods, normally what happens is your bank is holding the money but they do not know it, I doubt Lyle and Scott are licensed to hold your money and neither are their payment gateway.

When someone orders on our website and gives us something to deny the order like incorrect cv2, bad 3dsecure or address/postcode doesn't match the credit/debit card - the money gets taken from their account, our payment gateway doesnt take the money so its not with them or in our account, its actually in a holding account within the customers bank, if you wait 2-3 days the money will return or if you speak to the right person at your bank they can release it the same day.
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Mar 11 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's so we could work out that the money was taken twice.
taylorboosh

31st Mar 11 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why dont you open your own bank? or maybe clothing company?
willay
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also fyi, I had some stupid woman try to order from us 5-6 times one day, all for 39.99 - she ended up wiping out her account so she had no booze or crack money that weekend until the bank released her funds again.
Butler

31st Mar 11 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do you think anyone gives a shit?
willay
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The internet.
Tom G

31st Mar 11 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think 70 is too bad for Lyle and Scott. And let's be honest no one would even comment about the price if it wasn't Doyle.
taylorboosh

31st Mar 11 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
also fyi, I had some stupid woman try to order from us 5-6 times one day, all for 39.99 - she ended up wiping out her account so she had no booze or crack money that weekend until the bank released her funds again.

do you work for lyle and scott?
will_doyle
Banned

31st Mar 11 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I get idiots like you everyday calling me about taking money and not delivering goods, normally what happens is your bank is holding the money but they do not know it, I doubt Lyle and Scott are licensed to hold your money and neither are their payment gateway.

When someone orders on our website and gives us something to deny the order like incorrect cv2, bad 3dsecure or address/postcode doesn't match the credit/debit card - the money gets taken from their account, our payment gateway doesnt take the money so its not with them or in our account, its actually in a holding account within the customers bank, if you wait 2-3 days the money will return or if you speak to the right person at your bank they can release it the same day.

Dont I have to Speak to Lyle and scott Mate? the lad from Lloyds gave to 2 numbers for each order which I give to lyle and scott
willay
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
quote:

do you work for lyle and scott?

I work for the internet mate
Marc

31st Mar 11 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
And let's be honest no one would even comment about the price if it wasn't Doyle.
Marc

31st Mar 11 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
its actually in a holding account within the customers bank, if you wait 2-3 days the money will return or if you speak to the right person at your bank they can release it the same day.

This.
willay
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by will_doyle

Dont I have to Speak to Lyle and scott Mate? the lad from Lloyds gave to 2 numbers for each order which I give to lyle and scott

If the order says it has failed I very much doubt L&S have taken your funds because it produced a failed order message, we get this every day and neither the payment gateway or the retailer (us) has the funds. Your bank puts it into a holding account, of course I could be totally wrong but don't be a rude little shit on the phone when you call them - Everytime I get a phone call about these sort of transactions I have to deal with someone who thinks I owe them something, cunts.
Dom

31st Mar 11 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Calling them idiots is a bit unfair considering their statement will show that you 'took' the money from their account and majority of people won't know how CC transactions actually work (ie: holding accounts).

Doyle - I'd contact your bank again and double check if the money has actually left your account and ISN'T in a holding account. If it's the latter, see if you can get the funds released.....
willay
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfair? this is the internet dom
taylorboosh

31st Mar 11 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wait 2 days?
willay
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In this day and age john some people won't be able to survive without that £140.
taylorboosh

31st Mar 11 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True mate. True
Sam
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus some of you lot need to take a chill pill!

I know this is Doyle but on this occasion it doesn't sound like he's done anything wrong? It sounds like a case of a poorly developed payment gateway if it took his payment first BEFORE verifying his address details?

Doyle - yes you will get your money back, I'd say by Monday you should see it back in your account.
Marc

31st Mar 11 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Sam
Sam
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Marc

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bank Day 22 database queries in 0.5521519 seconds