corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Weight Loss....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weight Loss....
dannymccann

User status: Offline
16th Apr 11 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*Essay Alert*

*Serious Post Alert*

edit - When I say 'Weight Loss', I mean 'Body Fat' loss - I'm happy at 15 stone, just not happy with the belly!

I currently weigh just under 15 stone (200lbs), am 6ft and 23. It's got to the time where I've started eating less shit, less altogether, more fruit and veg and I have bought a hybrid bike and walk a lot more. I use Endomondo (GPS smartphone app) to track my walking/biking and LiveStrong MyPlate to track everything I eat.

According to each, in 8 days I have covered 53 miles by bike (avg 8mph, some slight incline bits) and 10 miles of walking, not including all the walking I do around the office all day.

On this MyPlate (which I know isnt 100% accurate but I have been weighing my foods to make sure I am as close as possible) I have been tracking everything I eat - from 10/04 to 16/04 my total net calorie intake (after the exercise) is 8116kcal (based on a 2500 a day for a bloke, I 'should' be consuming net 17500kcal). This is through reducing portion sizes more than anything else, because I didnt eat that badly before, and I don't drink or smoke

I'm wondering if this is actually bad for me? I don't feel different (tired, drowsy, cant concentrate, irritable etc) and I don't even feel that hungry, today I am at -250 calories because I've eaten barely anything and walked 3 miles and biked another 10. I've heard and read if you reduce calories by so much it's actually worse for you, but if I don't feel any different is there anything to be worried about

[Edited on 16-04-2011 by dannymccann]
Twitch

16th Apr 11 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Diets help but people seem to think that its a magical cure. you can loose weight eatting mc donolds if you put the effort in all they do is assist. 5 meals a day at set times is really good for loosing weight.
e.g: a light break fast ( cerial etc ) at like 7-8am then at about 10:30 have a snack. This could be fruit/ salad, a bar of sorts anything to give a little boost.
12-1pm a lunch eat what you want tbh or what you've been doing now then again another snack befor dinner and finally dinner at about 5-6pm after that dont eat untill break fast.
With your walking and cycling this will make an improvement.
also for loosing some body fat skipping is really good for this ( skipping rope )
dannymccann

16th Apr 11 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's exactly what I'm trying to do, I find sometimes even a cup of tea at 1030 will keep me turning over till lunch no problem, where I have 1 sandwich or next week, a wrap and that's it...I just can't believe the amount I used to eat and would still be hungry and after a week of trying hard to resist extra portions it's made me see the light...
Kerry

16th Apr 11 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been eating around 415 calories a day for the past 12 weeks and I have felt 100% fine the whole time. I do know that if you lower your intake considerably you should do it for no more than 12 weeks then have a week off as such
Kerry

16th Apr 11 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also drink lots of water!
dannymccann

16th Apr 11 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And if you dont mind me asking, did you achieve what you set out to do?
Kerry

16th Apr 11 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on my way to loosing my 4th stone!

Also forgot to mention check your bmi as you shouldn't really go on low cal intake if your at your ideal bmi
Think the rule is something like 25bmi plus a stone
Twitch

16th Apr 11 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fish is a great way to add protein and fill you up ( red meat does give more but takes 36hours to process where as fish only takes 8 ). if you've not got one get a forman grill
i eat over 7000 calories a day which tottals to 49k a week. 31k over the recomended intake for a adult male. but due to the foods i eat, the times i eat them ( and yes i do go gym ) i use this up. plus the tourette's is a pretty good diet when your moving 24/7
dannymccann

16th Apr 11 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well my BMI is just under 28, so technically I am overweight, just got in from another half walk/half jog with the dog, silly bugger has run out of energy and he was holding me up so I had to walk instead That's how much exercise I've been doing recently, I've even tired out a not-unfit staffy/jack russel

edit - and Twitch, that's the one thing I can't bring myself to eat yet, I cannot stand the smell of oily fish, it actually makes me feel sick just thinking about it, I know it's childish but one step at a time!

3CorsaMeal

16th Apr 11 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people eat too much, thats the problem

my fat mate seems to eat and eat, and always be thinking about food or something about food.

Kerry

16th Apr 11 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about omelettes?
Russ

16th Apr 11 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love food, seriously. I could eat it everyday.
ed

16th Apr 11 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's nothing magic about loosing weight, just eat better and do exercise. I don't understand why there is so much around it being difficult - it's fucking easy once you decide to do it.
Jed D

16th Apr 11 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd be gutterd if i lost 5 pound!! id be looking down the back of the sofa and everything!!

Huwsi

16th Apr 11 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
There's nothing magic about loosing weight, just eat better and do exercise. I don't understand why there is so much around it being difficult - it's fucking easy once you decide to do it.

Couldn't agree more! I've lost 6 stone in the las 13 Months and did that purely by eating healthy and living down at the Gym. I got to a point where my life was being effected and just decided i was gonna sort my self out! I feel much better for it now too
Jamie-C

17th Apr 11 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm trying, changed the way I eat hugely, cba exercising though
AlunJ

17th Apr 11 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What kind of bike are you using? Don't forget whilst using higher gears may seem to use more effort, you're better using a low gear, more pedal rotations = more fat burnt! Try and get the average into double figures, I average 15-16mph. I've done 40miles so far this week and deffo dropping the pounds
dannymccann

17th Apr 11 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alun, I have tried explaining this to the missus who comes out biking with me on the weekend! I always try to be in the right gear for the conditions and keep the cadence fast enough whereas she sticks it in 6th gear and never changes it, not quite sure how she doesnt die when we go up inclines

You say its easy Ed, I know it is, I didnt eat particularly badly before, veg with every meal, 1 takeaway max per week, but I did no exercise and ate no fruit. Using the calorie tracker I've been able to see in numbers (thats how I work tbh) just how much and for how long I have been over eating, really has made me think exactly how much I chuck on my plate at night.

According to the Wii Fit board (not sure how accurate this is but it's got to be better than my analogue scales in the bathroom?) it reckons I've lost 4lb since Wednesday Not sure that is right tbh but its going in the right direction at least
AlunJ

17th Apr 11 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lmao women eh! You want to keep your cadence above 80 preferably. I really somewhere that Chris hoy does 110 which I managed for about 15mins at the gym

[Edited on 17-04-2011 by AlunJ]
dannymccann

17th Apr 11 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I've only got a very basic bike (£120 Trax T700 from Halfrauds) as it's kept outside, so didnt want to shell out on something pricey pricey for it to get nicked or rot, so probably the poorer quality parts, slightly heavier bike and me and my general lack of fitness accounts for my 3/4mph deficit on what I should be, but I'm happy enough with that for now.

I don't know how to measure cadence, I'm not keen on geeking it up with cycle computers and all that, I just make sure I'm not pedalling like a mentalist on smack or like I'm in slow motion
AlunJ

17th Apr 11 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm running a steel fixed gear so it's not all bad going to get myself something more modern later in the year hopefully. I bought a cateye strada cadence to measure that... £40 though You'll get there though, it takes a little while for fitness to come.
Tom G

17th Apr 11 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't drop your calories like people have said. Eating stupidly low calories won't help you to lose fat, you said your happy at your weight just not the fat so you need to build a little muscle?

Everyone can do a housewife diet, eating hardly anything and not exercising much but it doesn't help you get fit.
craig_s

17th Apr 11 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eating low calories will probably cause your body's metabolism to slow right down too,so you will still struggle to loose weight.

im a bit like you,im 25,6ft and weigh 14 stone,im quite big built just got a bit of a belly i need to get rid of,i do 20 mins of varied intensity cardio 3 times a week.

do take in a lot of sugar?

corsadonk
Premium Member

17th Apr 11 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Well my BMI is just under 28, so technically I am overweight, just got in from another half walk/half jog with the dog, silly bugger has run out of energy and he was holding me up so I had to walk instead That's how much exercise I've been doing recently, I've even tired out a not-unfit staffy/jack russel

edit - and Twitch, that's the one thing I can't bring myself to eat yet, I cannot stand the smell of oily fish, it actually makes me feel sick just thinking about it, I know it's childish but one step at a time!

Dogs aren't meant to run for a long time, your better off having a long fast walk. Make sure your dog has shade and water to rest.

They can't sweat like we do.
corsadonk
Premium Member

17th Apr 11 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
I've been eating around 415 calories a day for the past 12 weeks and I have felt 100% fine the whole time. I do know that if you lower your intake considerably you should do it for no more than 12 weeks then have a week off as such

I hope that is a recent picture, because I can't see how you could loss 4 stone

415 Kcals is a snack

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Weight Loss.... 22 database queries in 0.0139110 seconds