corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I usually defend Police

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I usually defend Police
xa0s
Banned

User status: Offline
11th May 11 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm usually the guy defending Police as I've had (mostly) good experience with them but last night I got pulled over by the biggest wanker I've seen yet and I really can't blame people for slating the Police now, I used to think it was only the people who were clearly deserving of the punishment/tug that got the wankers like you see on the TV but this really amazed me...

Last night I was coming back from Bluewater and got stopped at a set of lights. I've got this weird knocking issue when accelerating from standstill and I had been trying to diagnose what it was, I pulled away from the lights pretty fast (but only in 1st gear), changed into 2nd and then straight into 3rd, the noise stops literally half way through first gear so all I did was pull away quickly up to like 15mph and then drive normally but it was my luck that there was undercover Police 2 cars behind me... When they darted round the car in front and put their blues on I thought they were just gunna tell me to calm it and let me know that they're around etc... I knew I hadn't done anything outrageous or dangerous so really wasn't worried but he pulled up next to me, quickly ran to the car and snatched the keys out of the ignition (proper tugging on it, I'm surprised the key didn't snap) and then whacked the bunch of keys straight into my door and acted like I was a wanted man who's known for running or something... He instantly had the most outrageous attitude acting like he just caught me driving at 150mph or something in a stolen car, asking if I was Colin McRae and shit... Proper bellend.

Anyway he drove my car off the road and onto the entrance of a car park, told me to walk over and put my keys into his pocket saying "You won't be needing these tonight"

I'm stood there baffled, I fully expected a little telling off but he's now implying that he's seizing my car... After fucking about for a bit he came over to talk (shout) at me, I'm usually the guy with a cool head who politely speak to Police as being a twat gets you no where but it was very difficult with this one. He instantly came out with quotes like "That type of lunacy could kill a child" and stuff, he then went on to say because he heard a bit of tyre squeal my tyres must have lost traction which meant I wasn't in control of the vehicle. He said for that reason alone it's driving without due care and attention etc... I'm not one to know the law inside out but that seems far fetched to me so I pointed out that every person on the road was spinning their wheels in the snow but it doesn't mean they should all get points. He didn't have an answer to that and told me to stop being an idiot... I explained that just because my tyres squealed for a split second didn't mean that I wasn't in control to which he replied he's got far more driving experience than I have and knows how to handle cars with his advance driving qualifications, saying he's a better driver and I'm clueless etc... I was stood there bemused, how could someone who he's only just met claim something like that? Even if it's true there's no-way he could know it's true, he was such a cock it's just really difficult to paint an image of the whole situation.

Anyway he went over the car with a fine-tooth comb, I knew my front tyres were getting low as they've done numerous track sessions but I knew they weren't illegal. He looked at them and saw that they were getting towards it and claimed I had worn the majority of the tyre away by pulling away from the lights... He then phoned my insurance and went over every single thing that he thought was a modification which was really funny to watch, some of the things he came out with was an absolute joke... He would mention things like the colour of the alloys but not bother asking if the alloys themselves were declared, he didn't bother checking the exhaust or ride height, the more it went on the more I was losing faith with him in all honesty. He was really annoyed that everything was legal but the only thing that let me down was the front tints. I had been meaning to remove them for a while so it's my own fault, I wouldn't complain about a black and white situation but he decided from then on that he would make my night as difficult as it could be.

He instantly said I was getting points and a £60 fine. Fair enough, I knew the risks... He didn't have to do that but he knew he couldn't do me for anything else. He then put an Immediate Prohibition Notice on the car meaning it had to be recovered or driven to an MOT station for a fresh MOT. I explained that window tints aren't a part of MOT's and he said I'd need to phone the Police station and get someone out to check it for me... I imagined ringing a Police station the next morning trying to convince them to send a unit to my house to check the tints would be a bit of a wild-goose chase, I said that's not going to work and after a bit of arguing he realised what he had said was pretty stupid and then went on to say I'd need to Google for VOSA's number and ask them where they have an approved testing station etc. You could tell that he was merely guessing but it seemed plausible enough so I left it...

He wouldn't let me rip the tints off then and there, he said he didn't have time (despite staying with me for a further 40 minutes after I originally asked) and as the car was 'unsafe to be driven' it was going to have to stay where it was until it's recovered or driven to a MOT station after a mechanic has rectified the problem (pealing the tints off). I asked if I could drive it with the front windows down as I lived under 0.8 miles away from my house but he said no. I asked if I could be towed but he said no. My only option was to get it recovered (lifted onto a flat-bed) or wait until the morning and drive to a MOT station (after ringing VOSA and finding one that has the equipment which I could seeing being more hassle than it sounds).

He then got in my car and drove it into the car-park that we was next to. I know the area so I knew the car-park gates shut in under 15 minutes, I explained this to him and he said it's not his problem. I was a bit pissed off with his attitude at this point and snapped at him saying it clearly is as you just drove it off the road into a private car-park which shuts in 15 minutes and then starts charging by the hour with a maximum stay of 4 hours meaning I cannot get the car recovered and I'm now gunna get fined for being in there. It clearly said on a sign that overnight stay is prohibited but he continued to say it's not his problem. I asked if he could write something to say Police are aware or whatever but he just repeated that it's not his problem. I really felt like swinging for the prick by this point, he literally just wanted to make my night as difficult as he could.

He then said he had radioed all the local security to put my numberplate on the ANPR cameras saying it will flag up within seconds if you decide to drive it. He said by driving a car in that state it means I'm driving dangerously or something which he can give me 6 points for.

After he found out that I already got 3 points over a year ago for speeding he gave me another massive lecture saying this is what he means by more driving experience and how he's never received any points in 9 years of driving and that you would never see traffic Police with points etc. This played right into my hands, I pointed out that when I received the points I was actually riding my bike alongside a traffic Police officer friend who also received 3 points, he pretty much called me a liar and changed the subject.

He also kept reading my numberplate as 'X FOUR ZERO S X' (X4 0SX), I repeated to him over and over again that the 'ZERO' is the letter O (X4 OSX) and that it cannot have a number there in that format but he didn't listen and continued reading the same plate out to the bird on the end of the radio, obviously this showed up as unregistered so he rubbed his hands together and thought he was a fake plate. It took a lot of work explaining to him why it wasn't showing up etc. It was unbelievable.

Anyway after over an hour of messing around he said he had more calls to be getting on with and left me stood in a car-park that was closing in a few minutes with 3 points, a £60 fine, an Immediate Prohibition Notice and a Section 59. I was told if I drive the car and they catch me my licence will be gone (another 6 points equals 12). It was impossible to get the car recovered in time and I knew that overnight stay was prohibited meaning I was risking a £120 fine by leaving it there. As I need a new MOT I'll have to pay like £50 for that too. I had no choice but to walk home after another 45 minutes of ringing my mates explaining what happened etc. Funnily enough as I got round the corner there they was sat in side road waiting to see if I drove the car 45 MINUTES AFTER. What a complete and utter waste of resources...

I know this post is essentially bitching about getting done for having tints but my point is I'm not bothered about getting done for something that I knew was wrong, I've driven the car in its current state for 6+ months with no problems, the only reason he done anything was because he couldn't do anything else and wanted to do absolutely everything he could to inconvenience me. He made the situation as difficult and as long-winded as possible for no reason. I was polite and calm the whole way through until it was clear I was getting fucked over regardless.
Ojc

11th May 11 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In short, the Police are usually kids that have been bullied at school or Liberal cunts.
Fro

11th May 11 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wont need a new MOT.

I had a delayed prohibition notice put on my corsa when i went up to manchester for a weekend due to the tints. (copper that pulled me was quite decent tbh)

When i got back i went to a tinting company that wrote a letter on headed paper stating my front windows were clear then i went to a police station and they removed the prohibition.
Russ

11th May 11 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a) i dont buy your floored it in first to 15mph then was miss daisy in 2nd and 3rd
b) even if you were being a good citizen, there are times you have driven/ridden(especially) like a complete tool so could say it was karma
c) you should of asked if he played warcraft and offered him some gold or a shiny sword or something
d) you had one bad experience with 1 policeman, I'm sure you've encountered many different

[Edited on 11-05-2011 by Russ]
Tom

11th May 11 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow, I must praise you for not knocking him out on the spot. I would seriously be putting all that into a complaint to his superiors. Agreed that a couple of things you brought on yourself, but the way he acted was nowhere near 'in line' with the reasosn you were pulled over. I also agree that this kind of thing is a massive waste of everyone's time, I don't see it changing though with this new £100 spot fine for careless driving coming in. All of the muppet officers will be using that one on anyone they take a disliking too, justified or not.

I've dealt with jobsworths like this before, they make it there personal mission to ruin someones day, so they can go home and pull one off to the thought of the power they have just unleashed on someone

xa0s
Banned

11th May 11 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
a) i dont buy your floored it in first to 15mph then was miss daisy in 2nd and 3rd

Well I did and that's the reason why the couldn't do anything about speeding as it never occurred.

quote:
b) even if you were being a good citizen, there is times you have driven/ridden(especially) like a complete tool so could say it was karma

If I get caught for doing something wrong then fair enough, I knew the risks and I've been caught before...
Russ

11th May 11 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, you dont know what sort of day/week he's had, could of had to deal with a death due to bad driving earlier in the week and still be mad about it
Russ

11th May 11 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s
quote:

Well I did and that's the reason why the couldn't do anything about speeding as it never occurred.

I've got a section 59 for antisocial use when they couldnt prove i was speeding but obviously wasnt doing the speed limit
xa0s
Banned

11th May 11 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Also, you dont know what sort of day/week he's had, could of had to deal with a death due to bad driving earlier in the week and still be mad about it

It's no excuse though, I could have had a bad week but that doesn't give me any excuse/right to be rude at him or whatever... If you had seen the pull away you'd know what I mean, it's very easy to lose traction in a FWD 240bhp car with a shed load of diesel torque but it barely did, it literally just made a tiny squeal, there was no intent of racing anyone and I was on my own so there wasn't even any 'showing off' involved or whatever.
John

11th May 11 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate the police but I don't believe your story.

You hammered it away from the lights in what looks like a heavily modded car all in black, you are getting stopped for that 100% of the time.
Root

11th May 11 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can someone write a tl;dr version? That's an essay n a half
sc0ott

11th May 11 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did he mark the car after he chucked your keys at your door?
Root

11th May 11 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow, that sounds like you got buttfucked, personally in that situation, I'd have got my phone out and began to record the events of him driving the car into the car park etc and how he was talking, he'd have probably not been such a dickhead then but still hit you with the section 59 etc, can't beleive they can give section 59, MOT test, fine, and points all in one go for a wheelspin..pretty wild

thinking about it, the annoying cock would probably somehow claim that it's illegal to record him in a public place, accuse you of being a terrorist and arrest you, lol, but I still would have recorded him because it sounds like his wife's left him for his small cock and he's gone to work and took it out on you tbh

[Edited on 11-05-2011 by Root]
Russ

11th May 11 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
Wow, that sounds like you got buttfucked, personally in that situation, I'd have got my phone out and began to record the events of him driving the car into the car park etc and how he was talking, he'd have probably not been such a dickhead then but still hit you with the section 59 etc, can't beleive they can give section 59, MOT test, fine, and points all in one go for a wheelspin..pretty wild

thinking about it, the annoying cock would probably somehow claim that it's illegal to record him in a public place, accuse you of being a terrorist and arrest you, lol, but I still would have recorded him because it sounds like his wife's left him for his small cock and he's gone to work and took it out on you tbh

can't record the police anymore i didnt think
nathy_87

11th May 11 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasn't gtitim was it?
RichR
Premium Member

11th May 11 at 08:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had exactly the same albeit back in 2004; I left the Winking man which is the highest nightclub in the UK, stuck right out in the middle of nowhere in the Staffordshire Moorlands. Literally the second I pulled out of the car park onto a National speed limit road, I had a Traffic officer sat on my arse. I knew I hadn't done anything wrong, hadn't had a drop to drink and so drove sensibly and on the speed limit, absoloutly in control. He followed me for the best part of 10 miles before finally pulling me, not in the middle of nowhere or the middle of the town centre, not next to the shops or car parks but right slap bang in the middle of an oap housing estate. Blues and twos going at 4am!!

Every single house put their lights on and came to the window to look at what was going on.

He did the same, got out, ran to my car and ripped the keys off, bundled me out and put me in the back of the police car, the Female officer in the passenger seat was flat out asleep!! He went over everything on my car, I'd had my MoT a day or two before so had that in the car but he refused to accept it as he said I could have put all the modifications on AFTER the MoT. In the end, the only thing he found was no number plate light, I explained that there was a number plate light, showed him where it was and that the bulb must have blown at some point in the 36hours since the MoT.

Then came the obvious reason why he eneded to find a reason to pull me, he wanted to breathalyse me, he was so pissed off when I blew a zero. Even so went on to lecture me and tell me how good a Policeman he was and that had this have happened in Stoke my car would have been seized.

It really was ridiculous but meh, nothing came of it
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

11th May 11 at 08:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were they traffic? dont they have to be traffic officers to touch up/look over the motor?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

11th May 11 at 08:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like Burn Out 3
RichR
Premium Member

11th May 11 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only other time I dealt with the Police was when I was arrested, again at about 4am, from home, where I was in bed! The Police had found my Mum's car at the bottom of a valley, having been rolled off the road, down an embankment and into a river - Funnily enough, they also found two males in the car, sat in the driver and passenger positions and with seatbelts on carrying crash related injuries. They said I was driving and had run home.

To put it in persepctive, in court, the experts stated the car was rolled between 6 and 8 times. It was 2 miles from home and I'd apparently, survived unhurt, run home, got ready for bed and gone to sleep.

long story short, ended up with 28 or so charges against me, was on bail for 9/10 months, went to court, won the case. lolled, Policeman who arrested me near enough had a heart attack in court, was retired from the Police force and his wife left him shortly afterwards. I lolled
John

11th May 11 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That sort of thing is a farce, all that hassle for all that time that could have been prevented if officers were required to have any intelligence or a smidgen of common sense.
adiohead

11th May 11 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had experiences with both good and bad police.

There are a few out there with superiority complexes who shouldn't be in their job.
Sam
Premium Member

11th May 11 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make an official complaint about him if you're that pissed off about it?
Steve
Premium Member

11th May 11 at 08:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think all i have had contact with (very few tbh) have always been ok, some have issued points when they really could have let me off but cant really argue really
Ojc

11th May 11 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

w r u
Root

11th May 11 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Root

can't record the police anymore i didnt think

In that case, I'd not point the phone at him, but record what he's saying instead
quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
The only other time I dealt with the Police was when I was arrested, again at about 4am, from home, where I was in bed! The Police had found my Mum's car at the bottom of a valley, having been rolled off the road, down an embankment and into a river - Funnily enough, they also found two males in the car, sat in the driver and passenger positions and with seatbelts on carrying crash related injuries. They said I was driving and had run home.

To put it in persepctive, in court, the experts stated the car was rolled between 6 and 8 times. It was 2 miles from home and I'd apparently, survived unhurt, run home, got ready for bed and gone to sleep.

long story short, ended up with 28 or so charges against me, was on bail for 9/10 months, went to court, won the case. lolled, Policeman who arrested me near enough had a heart attack in court, was retired from the Police force and his wife left him shortly afterwards. I lolled

Lmfao
I've had good & bad experience with police, there's been times when I surely should have been sent to court for bad driving, n they completely let me off, other times where they've been dickheads for no reason, guess it's just the person and not the job role

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I usually defend Police 22 database queries in 0.0890651 seconds