corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » SteveJWilliams Nurburgring 2011 Pics and Vids

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SteveJWilliams Nurburgring 2011 Pics and Vids
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th May 11 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best to put this lot in a new thread, lots of media to take in

Videos first, my rear cam was playing up this year only managed one lap with it

First best was a 9:55 BTG with a small off at Adenaur Forst lol, a fine example of me getting impatient and trying to force the issue on the inside at one of the tightest corners on the track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RsMkvIqQB4

Second was my best time at 9:40, worked out we lost 25 seconds at the roadworks using RaceChrono from a previously clean run through that sector.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mhyT0LY5X8

Both timed using racechrono (if anyone knows how to transfer the details or graphs to my laptop if be grateful)

Now onto pics, I shall just post and let them do most the talking

Andy man at docks docking

Leaving dover

Arrived at house

Ring center pics

Cars and VLN

Karting

Cant remember who was quicker out of tony or lee, but it got quite heated

Crash

Men

Track spraying

Meat

Dog

Random tree house in woods

Private testing day (unseen/unreleased cars)

Castle

Track corner panoramas i did

Download the full res here

http://storageserver.co.uk/files/2337/breidscheid.jpg.html

http://storageserver.co.uk/files/2338/brunchenn.jpg.html

might add more when i have more time, loads more on my FB also in the official thread if you havent been there, as always brilliant trip, highly recommend it to anyone not been yet

[Edited on 28-05-2011 by Steve]
Jambo

27th May 11 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dog

Good pics. Looks like you all had a laugh
tom130691
Premium Member

27th May 11 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there a range rover like that driving around coventry
big eck

27th May 11 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it just me or is there only 2 wide angle pics

Never mind

[Edited on 27-05-2011 by big eck]
Anty
Premium Member

27th May 11 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loverly photos..

im soo tempted to put captions withem pics
gavin18787
Premium Member

27th May 11 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good pics

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
chris_uk
Premium Member

28th May 11 at 08:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was the camera mounted centrally?
gez bay

28th May 11 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looked like a good trip weather looked spot on too.
chris_uk
Premium Member

28th May 11 at 09:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just watched your vid and the majority of the time you appeared to just stay in the middle of the track and not really follow any lines.. i know your car is reasonably average so most logical race lines wont apply but some of those corners were litterally just driven around.

your also very on/off with the pedals and turning in.. you would be better trying to be a lot smoother, do you actually know where the track goes and the way the corners are made up? i know you've been a couple of times but sometimes i thought you seemed to be a bit cautious of some corners and once you knew it was ok you stamped on it.

car sounds nice too.
Steve
Premium Member

28th May 11 at 09:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was taking lines, but because the cam is so far forward in the car it looks like i am staying quite central as it cuts a lot off the edges of the video in relation to where the actual car is, it would look competely different if i could mount a cam inside the car

i pretty much know the track inside out and anyone who has been with me can vouch i am taking correct lines most of the time

with regards to the sound, again all of the sound is made by a cone filter no exhaust sound so only really makes a noise when you are WOT, you wont hear it even if my throttle is lifted off at 75%

also you try 'just driving' round the ring in high 9's in a 125bhp shitbox lol

[Edited on 28-05-2011 by Steve]
chris_uk
Premium Member

28th May 11 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to get a better cam then, have you got vids of in car? and what makes you think that these people who can vouch for you know what the best lines are anyway unless sabine has sat in with you when i said know the track i dont mean know it like 'there is a left next or there is a long straight coming up' i meant the unjulations on the corners the camer of the corners bumps you feel etc.. you know what i mean?

i recon if you was smoother and not so agressive at turn in i recon your lap times could drop to mid 9's.

[Edited on 28-05-2011 by chris_uk]
Steve
Premium Member

28th May 11 at 09:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id love to mount an in car cam. sadly it would be to obvious, although stu had quite a good iea which i might try next time
Paul_J

28th May 11 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Panorama's are really good - any chance of getting the full res pics - would make an awesome full length canvas on my wall.
chris_uk
Premium Member

28th May 11 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just watched some of your other vids in the car and the lines looked a lot more like what i would expect
Paul_J

28th May 11 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone needs to give me a lift to the ring and back for a weekend... I'm going to rent a Corsa VXR with r888s and spank it round, then come home.

Total spend 200 euros.
Paul_J

28th May 11 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
ive just watched some of your other vids in the car and the lines looked a lot more like what i would expect

I personally thought his lines in this vid were fantastic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1ii8JDv4HQ
chris_uk
Premium Member

28th May 11 at 09:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve you sound so special.
Steve
Premium Member

28th May 11 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Panorama's are really good - any chance of getting the full res pics - would make an awesome full length canvas on my wall.

yep, uploading shortly
Chris C

28th May 11 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loves those videos mate, looked like you was trying very hard to catch that skoda.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

28th May 11 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do Bears/Willay's shit in the woods??
Steve
Premium Member

28th May 11 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://storageserver.co.uk/files/2337/breidscheid.jpg.html

http://storageserver.co.uk/files/2338/brunchenn.jpg.html
Steve
Premium Member

28th May 11 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris C
Loves those videos mate, looked like you was trying very hard to catch that skoda.

that was hard to catch as it was one of the ring taxis lol
Ojc

28th May 11 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
just watched your vid and the majority of the time you appeared to just stay in the middle of the track and not really follow any lines.. i know your car is reasonably average so most logical race lines wont apply but some of those corners were litterally just driven around.

your also very on/off with the pedals and turning in.. you would be better trying to be a lot smoother, do you actually know where the track goes and the way the corners are made up? i know you've been a couple of times but sometimes i thought you seemed to be a bit cautious of some corners and once you knew it was ok you stamped on it.

car sounds nice too.

Love this, go out there give it a go. Record your lap so we can rip you to shreds as well, oh and done a track day yet?

This isn't like driving on a PS3, real world physics apply.
Hammer

28th May 11 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chris_uk has a supercharger.
Chris C

28th May 11 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Chris C

that was hard to catch as it was one of the ring taxis lol

Thought it looked quick

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » SteveJWilliams Nurburgring 2011 Pics and Vids 23 database queries in 0.0860422 seconds