corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Since Recession announced...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Since Recession announced...
R Lee

User status: Offline
11th Jul 11 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How has it affected you?
Have you had to make cuts to luxuries?
Been made redundant?
Cautious on your spendings?

Business wise, profits have dropped. Same volume of customers, just not spending as much here.
Constantly, I hear news that major company's go into administration. Big stores have closed down.
What do you think will happen next?

Lets have a mass debate
adiohead

11th Jul 11 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a house.
I'm finding petrol expensive.

That's about it.
Cavey

11th Jul 11 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same as adio tbh. Me and the missus have had a child and still go out once a week each.

Although we are now on Sainsburys basics chip but they are good

[Edited on 11-07-2011 by Cavey]
Fro

11th Jul 11 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing changed for me tbh.

Capita seem alright aswell as they're buying a ridiculous amount of companies of late.
RichR
Premium Member

11th Jul 11 at 13:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm fortunate, the company I work for has bucked the trend with a number of large scale orders from military operators. I've had annual pay rises and bonuses throughout which I'm grateful for.

The one change We've seen that is as staff have left the office, We haven't repalced them, instead We've picked up the slack between us which is straining but its seen us through.

My only financial difficulty now is where I used to have two incomes into the house to pay for the mortgage, bills and renovations, I now only have one as She's buggered off
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

11th Jul 11 at 13:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hasnt affected me at all
Lawrah
Premium Member

11th Jul 11 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not made a difference to my life at all. Seen it affect others close to me.

Work has been busier than ever.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

11th Jul 11 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
I bought a house.

That's about it.
ajscorsa

11th Jul 11 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing changedd for me except petrol prices but i also went from a diesel a3 to a golf 1.8t petrol so I was expecting a big change anyway. other than that nothing has changed too much for me.
R Lee

11th Jul 11 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perhaps its just where I live?
As a seaside resort, the town is screwed.
It's cheaper to go abroad than to stay here in hotels and b&b's.
This place is on a steep decline

Anyway, how about self employed people?
LeeM

11th Jul 11 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not affected me, apart from not getting a cost of living increase in my wage. My company blames this on the recession despite recording record profits, up by about 20% on last year. Cunts
Sam
Premium Member

11th Jul 11 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People still spend money, they are just more careful with what they spend their money on these days.

I started my company in October and I'm still going, not exactly making millions yet but I've not gone bust which I am thankful for.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

11th Jul 11 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not affected me if anything im doing better as people fix the cars they have instead of buying new ones, although i started the business just after the recession was announced so cant compare it to anything really

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Gary
Premium Member

11th Jul 11 at 13:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not bothered me really.

It's pretty good for small businesses too IMO.
Big companies need a big turnover to survive, small business dnt as much. Plus they can adapt much quicker to the changing climate so were doing OK.
antnee

11th Jul 11 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hasn't effected me at all really, maybe a bit lighter on the throttle, but that might be me just growing up a little.
Hammer

11th Jul 11 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being privy to the companies financial information I can see that it's got increasingly harder in terms of cashflow. Companies we're doing work for are taking a lot longer to pay their bills. Also in dealing with the bank they are far less willing to release borrowing funds through asset finance for vehicles etc... even when there is a solid case for it to benefit medium to long term growth.

In terms of my own personal life I've got a company car and I still live at home so I'm as wealthy as I've ever been, until I have to bite the bullet and move out
pow
Premium Member

11th Jul 11 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a new job 2 years ago with like 50% more pay so no, not at all. VAT being 15% allowed me to buy a new car and stuff as well. Petrol costs a bit thats all.
Ingham
Banned

11th Jul 11 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been laid off 3 times, I have had to sell 2 cars and there are very few job opporunities around here.
Sam
Premium Member

11th Jul 11 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Being privy to the companies financial information I can see that it's got increasingly harder in terms of cashflow. Companies we're doing work for are taking a lot longer to pay their bills. Also in dealing with the bank they are far less willing to release borrowing funds through asset finance for vehicles etc... even when there is a solid case for it to benefit medium to long term growth.

In terms of my own personal life I've got a company car and I still live at home so I'm as wealthy as I've ever been, until I have to bite the bullet and move out

That's one thing I've noticed, certain customers of mine are taking longer to pay than usual. Although I think that's more down to their lack of organisation rather than them running out of money as one of them is a charity that's given regular cash injections by its millionaire owner.
James

11th Jul 11 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a 100% payrise and bought a flat.

I've been quite lucky though.

[Edited on 11-07-2011 by James]
Eddx14xe

11th Jul 11 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Havent stopped spending, probs spending more if anything.

I cant get an apprenticeship or better job ANYWHERE though.
Baskey

11th Jul 11 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a house
Been promoted (work on databases for a bank)

Doing ok I think. My company have made redundancies however it seems to be the people who are shit at there job which I think is a good thing.
Carl

11th Jul 11 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work in Health, job opportunities have drastically reduced, i'm on the same wage I was 3 years ago whilst everything has risen in price and I know own a house.

On the other hand I did work for the NHS last year and to be honest the part I was in needed a good shake up, far too many people on too much money for not a lot of work. Hopefully the gravy train has ended, unfortunately I missed the boat!
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
11th Jul 11 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How has it affected you? Interest rate went down, mortgage is cheaper, cars are cheaper, shorter queues in the carvery
Have you had to make cuts to luxuries? Nope
Been made redundant? Chose to but yeah, my work was making cuts. But that's as much to do with population demographics as wider economic factors.
Cautious on your spendings? Nope
MJFF88

11th Jul 11 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
I bought a house.

That's about it.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Since Recession announced... 23 database queries in 0.0113339 seconds