corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Traders / Speculative sales / business selling things - feedback please.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Traders / Speculative sales / business selling things - feedback please.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
12th Jul 11 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Current policy for traders is here -

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=188664

I've never really liked endorsing people for a few reasons.

We've also never taken trader sponsorship or any special fee for this because it's a bit of a headache. However there have been a few examples of late where traders are paying other sites a few hundred pound per year and obviously in the interests of the site, we too could be involved in that.

It's hassle for chasing it up and it's hassle for tax and those are the two reasons why it's not currently in place but if consensus is that this can work then I'll explore it.

I would also guess it will benefit the members if discounts are put in place although this is probably a matter for traders themselves to tell me what types of incentives they can handle. Currently while it's unregulated and a bit informal we're not actively ensuring that such discounts are available and applied.

Just interested in seeing how everyone feels things would go.
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Jul 11 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont want to see adverts plastered about the site, but then who gives a shit what i want
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jul 11 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also you open the door to bad traders, that leads to even more headaches then you have with normal users

ala, dave a
fazza

12th Jul 11 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i dont want to see adverts plastered about the site,

Love the fast easy layout of CS, dont ruin it with adverts everywhere.

I understand in the classifieds section maybe have a seperate trader sub section, other than that its a NO from me
BeArDy

12th Jul 11 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As a trader mate, an you know my keen eye I agree with Steve keep it the same no need for adverts etc
I do feel a trader rating would be helpful maybe on show at the end of Premium Member (0) etc
Word of mouth about your work should be enough, CS is a small community, you can not fart without the world knowing

[Edited on 12-07-2011 by BeArDy]
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jul 11 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of the successfull traders i see on other forums do just fine for business without advertising.
Brett
Premium Member

12th Jul 11 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with Steve
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jul 11 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just curious how we should regulate things like Spray Shop and Warrens thread today.

I've had complaints about both and they're both currently borderline where that policy is concerned.
mwg

12th Jul 11 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are they complaining about
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jul 11 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its u complaining isnt it
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jul 11 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

may i take this opportunity to mention SW Gearbox Rebuildz
mwg

12th Jul 11 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
its u complaining isnt it

No I'm just wondering what there is for someone to complain about
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

12th Jul 11 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont see the problem with people putting a thread up advertising. just dont get cs involved with them then you have nothing to do with it
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jul 11 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people automatically associate cs with it though if its on here
Jake

12th Jul 11 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what does ala stand for?
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jul 11 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its French for 'as per'.

The complaints are other traders who are complying with the policy.
Gary
Premium Member

12th Jul 11 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On a motorhome forum I am on, traders are free to roam and plug thier business as much as possible.

The only thing we get is a 'trader' tag next to our names, just like we have 'premium member' here.

Do that and bang some t&c's up about it. Maybe a permeant link to said t&c's in traders sig.

richc

12th Jul 11 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its fine as it is. There are limited traders on here, but who are users prior to business......?

Rich with his car cleaning
Tom with his repair/spray
beardy with his garage
Warren with his bits on the side.

I think its fine as it is. They dont put it totally in your face, but offer help and advice in threads.
Sam
Premium Member

12th Jul 11 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would recommend:

- banner advertising (via your AW links) for non-premium members (you could market this as a selling point for premium membership, i.e. pay up and you won't see adverts)

- giving traders exclusivity for advertising on here, for example one insurance company, one parts shop, one online computer parts shop ( ) and charging 'sponsorship' for a quarterly basis (and reserving the right to cancel their sponsorship at any time if they turn out to be rip off merchants)

P.S. Ian reply to my U2U please...
Warren G

12th Jul 11 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The point i was trying to make was

I was not actualy advertising directly offering a service or anything. Just so people can see whats been going on/ being done, same as project threads people are interested.

Direct advertising like offering a service on the site having prices etc is different
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

12th Jul 11 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We now you this Amazing Limmited offer!!

We have a backlog of stock of Headlights for Corsa B & C's

Quality and innovation are the key aspects to stay ahead of our competitors in the automotive industry. Depo is committed to continuous improvement, and looking forward to new challenges.
Over the past years, we have been certified by several standardized organizations. A list is provided below.
It is our belief that with the highly skilled workforce of DEPO, we can provide our customer the finest quality auto lamp.

The lights are £60+p&p new and sealed.

u2u me for details
fazza

12th Jul 11 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that a joke?!?!
Sam
Premium Member

12th Jul 11 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

12th Jul 11 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would it be a joke?
micra_pete
Premium Member

12th Jul 11 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

first

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Traders / Speculative sales / business selling things - feedback please. 22 database queries in 0.0151401 seconds