corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » www.fixtheodds.com

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author www.fixtheodds.com
A2H GO

User status: Offline
21st Jul 11 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone tried this?

Basically:

Bookmakers offer free bets to entice you into becoming their customers. Matched betting takes advantage of this and turns it into hard cash that you can spend. However, before bookmakers will give you the free bet, you have to bet with them first to qualify.

Here's the clever bit...

Betting Exchange - not a bookmaker, but a bit like a stock market where they simply match punters with bets and set the odds accordingly.

Bookmaker - the bookmaker with the free bet.

Step 1. You need to qualify for the free bet by placing a bet with the bookmaker. So the first step is to make a very minimal loss.

Consider a free £50 bet offered by a bookmaker.

a) Fixtheodds would trawl and suggest a match whereby certain, favourable odds are available on both the bookmakers' website and the betting exchange. For example, Manchester United vs Liverpool.

b) The website would then calculate the odds you require. You place the bet at the given odds and use the betting exchange to minimise your risk. For example, you bet £50 that Manchester United will win at the bookmaker and bet £60 at the betting exchange for Manchester United NOT to win (lose or draw).

Say Manchester United Wins - you win £109 at the bookmaker and lose £60 at the betting exchange. Overall, you are £1 down.

Step 2. You've qualified for the free bet - now you need to maximise your profit.

a) Again, you are given a match where there are favourable odds available - this time to maximise your profits.

b) You place the bets and for arguments sake, say Everton vs West Ham. Bookmaker, you place a free £50 for Everton to win, and at the exchange, £60 Everton not to win.

Scenario 1: Everton wins. You make £110 at the bookmaker and lose £60 at the exchange. However as you have used a free bet, you make £50 gross and less then initial £1 loss, you make £49 net profit.

Scenario 2: Everton loses (or draws). You make £110 at the exchange and lose nothing at the bookmaker. You therefore make £50 gross (£110 - £60) and then less initial £1 loss, you make £49 net profit.

[Edited on 21-07-2011 by A2H GO]
John

21st Jul 11 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a whole forum about this on mse
A2H GO

21st Jul 11 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really? Too good to be true then in that case.
John

21st Jul 11 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not to good to be true.

It's been going on for a while, you'll get loads of info on mse.

I made a couple of hundred from it a while back, put more than a couple of hundreds worth of effort.

The first few big ones are easy, it starts getting more complicated and boring after that.
A2H GO

21st Jul 11 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I could get a quick £50 out of it with an hour or so's work then stop?
John

21st Jul 11 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be able to.

Take a look on MSE, there's loads of info.
A2H GO

21st Jul 11 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers man.
John

21st Jul 11 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a new address and bank account, might have a look if I get time.
MatthewR

21st Jul 11 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck LOL
jacko198

21st Jul 11 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MSE?
Cavey

21st Jul 11 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matched betting? Quite a lot of effort for not a vast amount of gains? Worth it if you've got a bit of time.

Guy I went to college with made about 10k in a year from it, but it was essentially his full time job though
Carl

22nd Jul 11 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and a work colleugue are going to have a crack at this starting this weekend, been looking on MSE. His relative has been doing it and making a bit extra on the side.
AndyKent

22nd Jul 11 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, so easy to start with using all the obvious sign-up offers but quickly gets difficult to make much.

Like John I made £200/300ish in a couple of months but after that the effort involved became too much.
Russ

22nd Jul 11 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you end up trawling sites for offers? Using the site once and never again?
Dan
Premium Member

22nd Jul 11 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just signed up, only problem is, im a member on 75% of the sites they show to use lol.

Time to sign the missus up

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
AndyKent

22nd Jul 11 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a site called Bet72 that used ti send round offers, I used their tips. It's when you starting having to wager multiples of deposits that it gets complicated. I also had problems with a couple of sites paying out winnings (sportingbet were bastards) which made the whole thing too much hassle.

You aleo end up needing a lot of cash tied up in accounts which was awkward whilst buying my flat .
Carl

22nd Jul 11 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wagered my first matched bet, titanbet 25 quid on Venezuela, 24.20ish lay on betfair. Think/hope i've done it right!
kz

22nd Jul 11 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this the same as Betfair? My brother does it full time and makes more money than I do working a 37.5hr job
ash_corsa

22nd Jul 11 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did this for a bit, made about £2-300 then got bored, to make any serious money out of it you need to be putting quite a bit of time into in, theres loads of arsing around with email addresses, creating bookies accounts, then you run out of free bet offers.

Mate does it and makes about £400 a month but spends atleast 2hrs a night on it, not worth it imo unless you can do it whilst at work or on night shift etc.. when your being paid to do it anyway and youve nothing else to do.

mbassist.co.uk is excellent for advice.
Dan
Premium Member

23rd Jul 11 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just started this.

Deposited £35 quid, 10 on totesport and 25 on betfair.

Placed first bet which kicks off at 3pm. Either way i lose either 80p or 1.17.

That gets me my free bet as cheap as possible at that time.

Once thats done i have to use my free bet to do it again and make money

Carl

23rd Jul 11 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Just started this.

Deposited £35 quid, 10 on totesport and 25 on betfair.

Placed first bet which kicks off at 3pm. Either way i lose either 80p or 1.17.

That gets me my free bet as cheap as possible at that time.

Once thats done i have to use my free bet to do it again and make money

Did you go through topcashback for the free 25 quid also? that is the offer my colleague has just gone for.

Also for those having a crack at it, if you are new to betfair use my code when you sign up VT37CGMMG and we'll both get 25 quid once you've bet 25!
Dan
Premium Member

23rd Jul 11 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im far from new to betfair

Didnt go through topcash back etc

I can make a guarenteed £6 if i use one of the next games tonight, but im gonna wait till 2mo and hope for something better. Not many games playing today.

Its alot of hassle for £6 with regards to signing up and depositing, but its free money. Gonna do all of the offers on there in as short as time possible.

How are these people doing this after all the free offers are gone?

Cant see how you can do it, unless they are finding bets guranteed wins without free bets. Which these days are fairly rare.

I know when my mate was a sporting bet tennis odd maker, they used to check all other sites prior to posting to make sure they didnt exist

Carl

23rd Jul 11 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Im far from new to betfair

Didnt go through topcash back etc

I can make a guarenteed £6 if i use one of the next games tonight, but im gonna wait till 2mo and hope for something better. Not many games playing today.

Its alot of hassle for £6 with regards to signing up and depositing, but its free money. Gonna do all of the offers on there in as short as time possible.

How are these people doing this after all the free offers are gone?

Cant see how you can do it, unless they are finding bets guranteed wins without free bets. Which these days are fairly rare.

I know when my mate was a sporting bet tennis odd maker, they used to check all other sites prior to posting to make sure they didnt exist

Missed out then, seems like it's all about maximising profit through cashback sites and referrals! Also apparently totesport often have a lot better offers than at present which is why I didn't go for that first unlike my colleague.
Dan
Premium Member

23rd Jul 11 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, i can imagine thats the case, make out you signed up through them but do it through someone else, to get extra cash

Dan
Premium Member

23rd Jul 11 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a good one come up to use my free bet earlier so used that, and it will pay 70% of the free bet (£7 odd)

Now started my second, used a better method this time as carl suggested.

Signed up using top cashback to ladbrokes, pays £20, then the £30 free bet. So should come away with about £45 free money.

DOnt get why everyone isnt doing this. its easy via that site for people who have no clue and its bloody good money for free

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » www.fixtheodds.com 23 database queries in 0.0146642 seconds