corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What happened?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What happened?
Matty SRi

User status: Offline
1st Aug 11 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Site went down.. Anything cool happen?
fazza

1st Aug 11 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought the missus had u2u'd ian or the likes to get it to say that and get me off here

Jake

1st Aug 11 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reckon it was because of that matty thread and barnshaw winding him up
Mattb

1st Aug 11 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lulzsec imo
Corsa_Sport21

1st Aug 11 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon that matty guy got the rage and smashed up his computer while logged on to CS, causing it to smash up the server at the same time.
Matty SRi

1st Aug 11 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
reckon it was because of that matty thread and barnshaw winding him up

Yeah i was thinking that too... i kind of thought the lad had hacked the site
sc0ott

1st Aug 11 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

luke leary imo
Jed D

1st Aug 11 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought id been banned for a moment there
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Aug 11 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't take the piss in here.

I closed the site because I want to close the site. If that's how you deal with new people, the site is dead.

Numbers are down, money is down, Clio Sport do a field full of Clios, Corsa Sport are trying their best to make a new user feel fucking stupid.
Jamie-C

1st Aug 11 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always try to make new users feel welcome
Jon_C
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What did I miss?
Corsa_Sport21

1st Aug 11 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_C
What did I miss?

Ian went on a power trip.
FAZ
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jon_C
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:
Originally posted by Jon_C
What did I miss?

Ian went on a power trip.

Groovy
Gary
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

I closed the site because I want to close the site. If that's how you deal with new people, the site is dead.

Numbers are down, money is down, Clio Sport do a field full of Clios, Corsa Sport are trying their best to make a new user feel fucking stupid.

I didnt see anyother threads by that guy but he was a bit of a dick too.

Although people do tend to be arseholes to most newbies, very few battle thru the shit an learn to behave for the grammar police.

Most other sites don't car about txt talk for example so folk are used to it. They dont need shit, just advising.
DannyB
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what I saw he made a classifieds advert in GC then when people told him it was the wrong section he went off on one, resulting in me deleting 4 or 5 threads from him calling us all cock suckers.

Regarding numbers and money...now is the time for a change, freshen things up...including the site. Which I've been trying to help you with for months (ideas wise) and not much has changed.

People grow up and move on, not as many people are buying Corsas. It's as simple as that. What you do have is a fucking good community, regardless of what cars we drive.
brebaz

1st Aug 11 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
From what I saw he made a classifieds advert in GC then when people told him it was the wrong section he went off on one, resulting in me deleting 4 or 5 threads from him calling us all cock suckers.

Regarding numbers and money...now is the time for a change, freshen things up...including the site. Which I've been trying to help you with for months (ideas wise) and not much has changed.

People grow up and move on, not as many people are buying Corsas. It's as simple as that. What you do have is a fucking good community, regardless of what cars we drive.

Could change it to anycarsport.co.uk
GF-91
Banned

1st Aug 11 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tom130691
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 23:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Corsa Sport are trying their best to make a new user feel fucking stupid.

this is the way most forums seem to greet people, it why theres a few i no longer use saxp is the worst, despite a fuck load of bans and infractions nothing changes
Jake

2nd Aug 11 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB

which is why corsasport is snookered in that respect. The people make the forum, not the marquee.
Twiggy

2nd Aug 11 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was abused on a saxo site when i asked about the vts which engine had a few extra bhp
marklawton

2nd Aug 11 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

dont blame you Ian, the way people speak to newbies is disguesting. no wonder some dont come on here ever again, i know its the same for some other sites out there but doesnt mean its right! i no loads of mates that are registerd on here but dont bother posting because of that reason.
Sam
Premium Member

2nd Aug 11 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My thoughts:

I use another car forum (American) more than here nowadays and I actually find it much more friendlier and welcoming than here.

Why? Because people seem more grown up on there and don't act like a bunch of sanctimonious twats or trolls like some people on here do (and I am not alone in these views). I personally don't think it's because people aren't buying Corsas as much as they used to or whatever as there are loads of people on here (myself included) that don't own a Corsa any more and have not done so for a long time but are still "regulars".

I've recently paid for another year's premium membership as I do want to help support the site and I have even offered to help Ian with some coding/information for CS as I don't really go to car shows etc. any more these days.

I just feel like maybe I shouldn't be arsed about contributing any more - financially or otherwise - given the points I've raised above.

[Edited on 02-08-2011 by Sam]
Gary
Premium Member

2nd Aug 11 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
My thoughts:

I use another car forum (American) more than here nowadays and I actually find it much more friendlier and welcoming than here.

Why? Because people seem more grown up on there and don't act like a bunch of sanctimonious twats or trolls like some people on here do (and I am not alone in these views). I personally don't think it's because people aren't buying Corsas as much as they used to or whatever as there are loads of people on here (myself included) that don't own a Corsa any more and have not done so for a long time but are still "regulars".

I've recently paid for another year's premium membership as I do want to help support the site and I have even offered to help Ian with some coding/information for CS as I don't really go to car shows etc. any more these days.

I just feel like maybe I shouldn't be arsed about contributing any more - financially or otherwise - given the points I've raised above.

[Edited on 02-08-2011 by Sam]

Would be easier to just ban the people who are dicks.

I also no longer own a corsa, but have owned many so i try to contribute to Help Zome the best i can.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What happened? 22 database queries in 0.0242410 seconds