corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ebay - What would you do?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ebay - What would you do?
MarkSport

User status: Offline
26th Aug 11 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm selling some car parts for my dad on ebay, I had some interest in an item but it's an auction and they asked me to take it off early for more money. I agreed but said I will only end the item once the money shows in my paypal. I then get an email the next day saying she has bid the agreed amount on the auction so I said ok I'll leave the auction running. well Ive just had an email saying she has paid me 4 days ago but after checking my paypal no funds are there.

sounds normal I know but after checking the conversation between me and her I have never passed my paypal details to her

should I report it as its as if she is trying to con me?
Brett
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 14:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a con yeah. Report it and block her imo. I'd deffo block her in case she tries to cause trouble and wins with the intention of negging you.
Graham88

26th Aug 11 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just state the money isn't there, if she wants to end it she needs to send the money again as it hasn't sent, or you'll let the auction run and she'll have to win it fairly.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just sounds like shes crap at the internet imo
MarkSport

26th Aug 11 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is graham, she cant have possibly sent it because ive never sent my paypal details for her and the auctions still running. fair enough if it was finished and she had won it then she has the ability to pay for it.
Brett
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the fact you never sent details that screams con to me. You could try telling her as suggested and see what happens tho. What's her feedback like?
Graham88

26th Aug 11 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
Thing is graham, she cant have possibly sent it because ive never sent my paypal details for her and the auctions still running. fair enough if it was finished and she had won it then she has the ability to pay for it.

Oh yeah I missed that bit, I'd just ask her what she's playing at and that everything she's said doesn't add up. Just don't get rude over messages as they can read them all so if she complains it will go against you. I know this cause my girlfriends Mum is in dispute with someone cause they started swearing at her in messages and they knew all about it and he'll probably be banned from eBay.

Just be civil about it, if she's being an arse just block her like Brett said.
MarkSport

26th Aug 11 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm tempted to cancel her bid and then when she notices and emails me I can try sort it with her. her feedback is 1 (100%) .i normally dont allow people with less than 10 feedback to bid.
ajscorsa

26th Aug 11 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id cancel her bid, sounds like a con to me. You dont want her winning the auction then failing to pay once she's won
MarkSport

26th Aug 11 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just cancelled the bid and now going to wait to see what she replies
Ben G

26th Aug 11 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i reckon she is just a retard and thought by bidding on it, the money has actually been sent to your paypal.

JaffaTB

26th Aug 11 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get her to send the money outside of ebay as a gift, i've done that before for car bits i've sold as to not incur any fees and stop people trying to rip me off
MarkSport

26th Aug 11 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just said the same to my dad. He wasn't happy I cancelled the bid but I told him straight that its my ebay account and he can GTF if he thinks hes wrecking my positive feedback
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Aug 11 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What was wrong with the bid?

Unless it's beaten she'll end up paying less. Probably just changed her mind and decided to let it run as well.

No real cause for cancellation as I see it.
MarkSport

26th Aug 11 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She only sent me the email about 10 minutes before I made this thread. its the fact shes positive shes paid even though Ive not supplied any paypal details.
Jake

26th Aug 11 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would cancel the bid, find out where she lives and put her in a sleeper hold

slag
MarkSport

26th Aug 11 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i have a predictiment i just won something on ebay some calipers and i think the seller has been shill bidding. New user 0 feedback starts bidding in intervals of a couple of £, 30 bids in total on the item. I emailed him for some details of it and he emailed straight back so he was on a computer 100% i dont know what to do feel a little cheated
Brett
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
i would cancel the bid, find out where she lives and put her in a sleeper hold

slag
JaffaTB

26th Aug 11 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you won them then you were willing to pay what you bidded up to?
_Allan_

26th Aug 11 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MarkSport

29th Aug 11 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

update: Definately something dodgey going on!

Here are a copy of emails, shes fucking mad.

Dear

what is the full price of this item, if we want to buy now without bid. And is this a set of 2?.

rekha58

Dear rekha58,

Hi.yes this is a set of two. to sell out of auction i would be looking for £20 posted or £15 collected.

Dear,

Hi,

tried to pay for this by bidding £15.50 plus £4.50 postage so it would total £20.00 but was unable to do it this way. I would like to buy outright for your price of £20 posted. How do I do this please?

Dear rekha58,

Hi, yes it wont work like that as there is no buy it now price in the advert. best thing to do is log onto www.paypal.com and send £20 as a GIFT (make sure it is a gift otherwise you get charged more) to and once it shows in my account i will end the item and send it you

Hi,

I have sent you the payment of £20, three, four days ago. Can you confirm if you have recieved it, and have you despatched the item yet. Here is the address.

Send to:

Dear rekha58,

Hi, i have checked paypal and it is not there. also, im wondering how it can be there when ive not given you any paypal details? if you check all of our conversation on ebay i have not sent it you once!

item will not be sent until i receive the money. cheers

Hi,

Is your email address, <email address removed per policy>. I cant remember where i got this, but for some reason i thaught this was the email address where i was supposed to send the money to.
I sent the money to this address through paypal. When I checked my account today it was unclaimed so I have cancelled it for today.
Im afraid im not very good on the internet. Please give me clear instructions on how to pay you through Ebay, as I would not like to do anything wrong.
Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Regards Rekha 58

Dear rekha58,

Hi, the item has ended now. can i ask you to send the £20 to

as a gift with your full address please

Dear,

hi,

we are sorry, but we cannot buy outside of ebay.

Rekha 58
Ben G

29th Aug 11 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

she clearly just fails at the internet like i said, sounds eastern european.

take up a dispute with ebay as shes a non payer.
MarkSport

29th Aug 11 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah agreed she Is a complete bellend at the internet. I've reported her.
MarkSport

5th Sep 11 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well just had another knob try their luck. yet another item my dad has sold on my account.

he sold a top radiator hose on there for a rover 75, they're £50 to buy second hand but he got £10 for his. the guy emailed me earlier saying it was split, i asked for pics and hes sent me a pic of a totally different pipe

actually pisses me off that people will try and be so cheeky

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ebay - What would you do? 22 database queries in 0.0146048 seconds