corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » chipped ecu

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author chipped ecu
Mr-SEH

User status: Offline
28th Sep 11 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any one no how much it would be to get a 2.0 8v seh ecu chipped and what sort of power gains am i looking at and so on ?
adiohead

28th Sep 11 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5-8bhp

[Edited on 28-09-2011 by adiohead]
Mr-SEH

28th Sep 11 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe i wont then aint worth it cheers
adiohead

28th Sep 11 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Read about this on another forum with a google search:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OPEL-VAUXHALL-Astra-2-0-8V-20SEH-chip-146HP-Kadett-GSi-/170701652326?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27be9c8166#ht_744wt_959

Rev to 7k rpm.
*shrug*
Mr-SEH

28th Sep 11 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh nice il try and find out some info mate and could you post the forum?
adiohead

28th Sep 11 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/other-mechanical-electrical/356729-2-0-8v-tuning.html
Mr-SEH

28th Sep 11 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheeras mate nice one and i thought and may sound silly but how do i enlarge my throttle body?
Gary
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 11:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldnt bother tbh. All this enlarged TB is a load of crap IMO. Mate did it on his saxo and now his 182, make no difference

Just get it on Throttle bodies
Mr-SEH

28th Sep 11 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its my daily thou so dont want to much on there and end up gettin probs was goin to get it on carbs for the summer cause il have a new car i hope by then some thing cheap to run but at the moment its just seh all top end rebuild bout 2000 miles ago ported and polished head its quick but im bored already and what to get cam ecu chipped and then by the time im bored then it will be summer and roll on the carbs!
Gary
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better off saving for TBs, carbs are thirstier on fuel, and require constant messing with.

Have you touched the bottom end at all?

Your time and money is prob better spent on that. Reshell etc, re-hone and new piston rings. An engine of that age must be down on compression after all these years.
Mr-SEH

28th Sep 11 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah mate bottom end never bin touched engine only had 50 odd k on it never smokes no rattles knocks bangs runs perfect all the time
Gary
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow, thats low.

I'd just leave it and save for TBs and decent managemt.

maybe even use Bike Tbs. should save some monies there
Mr-SEH

28th Sep 11 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea i brought it cause it was low never had thought id run it cause i had a ser engine in there i got of tom for 50 pound with a f15 box the thing was insane sept 3 mabe 4000 miles lata i done the shells in piston 2 and 4 but it was 50 pound so it got ragged from day 1 and drank more oil than anything i have ever seen or had was a laugh but no i treat this engine good and im not to far off of a redtop standard one with no mods but i want quicker!
Gary
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turbo
Eck
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Wouldnt bother tbh. All this enlarged TB is a load of crap IMO. Mate did it on his saxo and now his 182, make no difference

Just get it on Throttle bodies

Guess it might depend on the car, but it makes a difference on Honda's. Getting an enlarged TB to go with a larger Inlet certainly helps!
Gary
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I meant that DIY enlarging. Replacing with an actual larger unit would prob help a bit.
Eck
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, apologies
Corsa_Sport21

28th Sep 11 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Set of bike carbs work wonders on the 8v.

Won't cost too much and can be set-up near perfect by some1 who knows what they are doing.

IIRC T/B's are only easier to set-up and better mid-range.
Gary
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would be ECU-less if on carbs too so would be cool. But just a bit thirsty.
Eck
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is, TB's wouldn't be easier to set up on an old engine like that due to needing management? Whereas you just need the right dizzy for carbs on an SEH!
Gary
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 13:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better gains than carbs though, obv need the ECU mapping.

Do they have a Throttle position sensor on them as standard? If not it'd be new management job.
Mr-SEH

28th Sep 11 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer mate got throttle position on the throttle body and my mate had a zetec mk2 fista on carbs the thing was insane and sounds so nice carbs can get for 100 odd and then get a mainfold made up by a mate 40 odd quid not cheap bodge and then what is it run mega squirt?
Gary
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wont need an ECU, fuel is controled by the carbs and spark by a dizzy (as eck said).

With TBs you'd map the ECU to control fuel off TPS not MAF
Mr-SEH

28th Sep 11 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so its just bolt on and go then? i had plans to do this but never looked into it
Gary
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not as easy as that. Carbs need re-jetting and setting up properly.

Would also get the 'engine knock' checked to make sure the dizzy is advancing/retarding spark correctly or you'll end up with no pistons

Might already be OK be i would want to check. Thats the benefit of an ECU controlled setup. It wont let your spark advance enough to do any damage

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » chipped ecu 22 database queries in 0.0169551 seconds