corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Road Legal Track Car :) UPDATE SAT 15 OCT

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Road Legal Track Car :) UPDATE SAT 15 OCT
Pucci1

User status: Offline
4th Oct 11 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys/girls little bit of back ground information about me.

Am 21 years old, ex mechanic.
Have a son at 2 years old
Getting married next year
Had my 1st corsa at 18 it was a 1.4 8v SRI reg was M93 MKN wonderful car loved it to bits but had to get rid in the end.

And this is where i am today, picked up my new corsa for the tidy sum of £250, no rust on it that i have found
Does have a dent/filler in the boot lid and a dent on the N/S/F wing but will be getting replaced. Sadly at the moment i do not have a job but have been to a few interviews at places and have some up coming in the next couple of weeks so hopefully someone will have me lol. Also the Corsa has two separate sets of alloys (sports on front, what i think are tigra alloys on the back, a DTM style exhaust (i have taken it off i dislike it.) Anyway ill let the pictures do the talking

^ The above picture is when i just pulled into my car park so thought it would be rude not to take a snap, isn't me in the drivers seat here big thanks to my mate Matthew for helping me get it

^The above picture is day two started to strip out as much of the inside as possible to save weight and make it fly

^Upon the 3rd day we stripped it even more, including the carpet, passenger seat and dash board. The dash will be shortened (about 3/4) so do people think i should just keep it full length? I have still get the center main heating system to keep me warm in the winter months but have binned the extending plastic pipes to the vents.

Now for some plans...

Complete stripped interior with sound deadening removed.
Bucket Seats and 4-5 point harness.
Coil Overs, 2l Brakes, matching alloys maybe speedlines
Full respray in black
Interor headlining sprayed in black as i hate the creamy colour (i have started this looks more like matt black but it looks better :thumbs
MHV rear lights
Depo Front lights
Black side repeaters
GSI bumper, skirts, rear bumper and spoiler.
New rear semi smooth boot lid and new N/S/F wing
3 inch exhaust
GM mud flaps x 4

Thats around about it off the top of my head for the moment

My friend has a 1.8 8v engine for very cheap, i believe these are 115bhp? Do they have the same manifolds as the 2.0 8v? (c20seh i think) the reason i ask is for the turbo kit (gives me something to save up for) so in theory i could use the turbo kit for the 2.0 8v on my 1.8 8v as long as i find some low comp pistons to lower the compression ratio

Plenty of things to think about anyway thanks for reading and there will be plenty of updates to come cheers

[Edited on 07-10-2011 by Pucci1]

[Edited on 15-10-2011 by Pucci1]
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Oct 11 at 00:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate, future plans sound good
Edges 58

5th Oct 11 at 06:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the red and it looks quite clean, no need for a respray i think. Like the rest of your plans though!
AlexW

5th Oct 11 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plans sound good.

Just one thing, that 1.8 will be a bigblock so same kinda work as a 20XE, Heavy and underpowered. Go for a 1.8 16v
AK

5th Oct 11 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mudflaps on a track car???

Why - they'll just rub when you corner

If you are butchering the dash why on earth are you wasting time spraying the headlining?
Pucci1

5th Oct 11 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@Danny B - Cheers buddy

@Edges - tbh theres a funny story behind red cars every red car my parents have owned has been in a crash and this one has been hit in the rear i think (only low speed) i love the colour black on cars so i thought hey ho ill guess ill go that colour lol.

@AW ahh i did think the 1.8 was a big block i think ill just keep a eye out on a cheapish engine when i have the money got to be close as well lol cheers

@AK - can always take the mudflaps off when am on the track and put them on when am on the road. Why cant i spray my headlining? black will look better then the crappy creamy colour lol. Am not sure if i am butchering the dash or leaving it as it is. Ill have to make my mind up soon

AK

5th Oct 11 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not saying you cant spray the headlining - its your car

I'm asking why you'd leave the headlining in if the car is getting stripped bare and you're contemplating butching the dash. Save time and effort and a tiny bit of weight - just rip the lining out

same with the mudflaps really..... why bother putting them on/off etc
Steve
Premium Member

5th Oct 11 at 08:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remove the lining
Steve
Premium Member

5th Oct 11 at 08:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@Pucci1
Pucci1

5th Oct 11 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@AK hehe i wanna keep the headlining in there to provide a bit of comfort really. My old corsa had the headlining ripped out when i sold it on and the condersation (sp) used to collect on the metal roof and drip on your head

I like the GM mudflaps i think they look top notch if they are a problem on the track wont take more then a couple mins to take them all off

@steve - As above really mate and i see what you done there with the @pucci1 hehe

My hands dont seem to be hurting anymore so might continue with removing the sound deadening from under the carpet and seats if i get some spare time today cheers
Ben G

5th Oct 11 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your plans don't make sense. it's a track car, so why would you keep the headlining in?
Matty SRi

5th Oct 11 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty strange, im 21, have a son whos nearly 2, and i had a 1.4 sri corsa as my first car when i was 18. Cool
btw. Plans sound good!
Pucci1

5th Oct 11 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ben g -Answered above your post mate

@Matty SRi - hehe perhaps your my evil twin haha cheers buddy really waiting on a job to start buying some bits
taylorboosh

5th Oct 11 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pull headlining out and wear a hat? sorted
Pucci1

5th Oct 11 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then ill have hat hair! the winter months are coming so i tend to grow my hair a little bit lol

headlining is staying
taylorboosh

5th Oct 11 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What will be faster?

Your car with a headlining or a car with no headlining and 200 more bhp? Assuming they corner the same
Pucci1

5th Oct 11 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i dont get it john

the car with no headlining and 200 more bhp, because of the 200 more bhp lol..

i seriously doubt you would notice the difference if i kept the headlining or not lol.
taylorboosh

5th Oct 11 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ohhh i see, did you do a comparison to find that out mate?
Pucci1

5th Oct 11 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i see what you are saying, how ever the headlining doesnt weigh a lot, i have started to take out all sound deadening and put it in a bag, going to get some scales and see how much i have lost

And thanks for the link to that thread was a good read
AK

6th Oct 11 at 05:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry Pucci, John-d thinks he's being funny by trying to take the piss out of me... he seems to like following me round the forum posting the same style of comment in most threads I post in.
Pucci1

6th Oct 11 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont worry about it AK they soon get bored hopefully getting out to the corsa today with my iphone to take some more pictures and to do some more work on it

[Edited on 06-10-2011 by Pucci1]
Pucci1

7th Oct 11 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update time 07 October 11

Well after much hmmm and ahhhh and talking with a couple mates in the flats around me and you guys bullying me i decided to rip it out, i also managed to get the sound deadening nasty stuff off the rear just got to do the front maybe tomorrow or whenever i am next out there

^Today i took the sound deadening out of the passenger foot well this is what it looks like but it isn't finished yet. My tools for the job were
-Flat bladed screw driver
-Angle grinder with "Frap" Disc
-Hair driver upgraded to heat gun (paint stripper gun)
-Chisel
-Gloves
-Brush with white spirit
-Hoover
Ill go over it again to make sure i have got all the nasty stuff off

^Here is the N/S/R (boot area) sound deadening had the same treatment as above and it almost ready got to do all the rest including rear quarter insides, N/S/F foot well and under the rear seat still a lot to do!

^Masked up the rear lights in this style seen it done on another corsa on here cant remember who but thanks for the idea gone pretty dark not sure if to its to dark because my indicator stalk has decided to die so ill have to pop down the scrappy see if i can find some suitable alternatives. (thinking corsa van ones or something similar)

^Here we go one side done to compare it to the other side, also the girl driving it round on a farm learning to drive look like she reversed into a post or something...

^You can see the damage here as it has bent the support bar, lucky though it has creased the panel behind as much as i can tell, well am happy enough to put a gsi rear bumper on as its not to bad.

And that's it for today next mincing around will be more sound deadening removing finish off the other side rear light, prime the floor and paint the whole lot...

Would you guys suggesting priming the whole lot? or just the floor and paint over the red?
AK

7th Oct 11 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

instead of using the grinder and a flappy wheel try using a rag and some sort of solvent (petrol for example)

cleans of the sticky residue nicely
Pucci1

7th Oct 11 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did use some rag and some white spirits which brought it up nicely my hand is getting sore from keep scratching away at the black "tar?" so i thought the frap disc would do it nicely and it does extremly well! Only down side is the tar then gets everywhere but out comes the hoover!

I think the frap disc does defo save time just got to be gental as you are only taking the tar off and just very lightly skimming the metal

Touch notch stuff and i shall be using it for the rest off the tar stuff after i get the heatgun on it
taylorboosh

7th Oct 11 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol but now you have to paint it

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Road Legal Track Car :) UPDATE SAT 15 OCT 23 database queries in 0.0286279 seconds