corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » --ToM--'s Mk3 Astra GSI project thread ***GASH wheels sorted***

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author --ToM--'s Mk3 Astra GSI project thread ***GASH wheels sorted***
--ToM--

User status: Offline
   15th Oct 11 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello guys got myself another project was a good price so im happy, shells mint engines good so its only the cosmetics to work with really as i dont like how it looks at all lol,

i went 350 miles round trip for it and i dont like anything about it lol, i went with a mind of if the engines good and the shells good ill have it as cosmetics isnt an issue so luckily everything was fine the bodywork is very good its had bits painted to a high standard arches are mint petrol cap is mint etc etc engine no smoke lots of history no tapping pulls like a train etc so i was happy,

brief run down on spec,

F28 Gearbox
full silicone hose kit
5 stud conversion
cav turbo brakes
cav turbo wheels
hybrid turbo
big intercooler
3" turbo back exhaust
and thats it pretty much so a good base to start with.

1st job get it to work and have a looksie underneath, i was a bit worried as you can only see so much when buying a car on a driveway!

ignore my camera dates i really need to update the time lol

all the ramps wer occupied so i used my portable one well worth the money

was quiete suprised with underneath all the usual rot places very very very clean nothing to worry about at all and was even more suprised at how dry it was for a c20let c20xe as they love to piss oil out lol

going to was it tommorow and take some proper piks so ill update again tommorow, hopefully some of the parts iv ordered will also arrive!

HID kit
plasma dials
gsi rear boot panel
gsi splitter
gsi rear lights
and morrettes (not fitting them change of plan)

also going to be painting the wheels anthracite as whites S H I T to put it frankly

well iv just finished spending the whole day on the astra the missus went shopping so i had a day on the car 1st of all the last couple of days theres been a bit of coolant on the driveway and the levels been going down so obviously i have some sort of leak, upon further inspection it was the ****ty O ring rubber seal on the thermostat housing as i didnt have one to hand i cleaned it all up resealed it with gasket sealent, topped the coolant up and went for a spin up the road to check its ok and got home no leaks all good!!

jacked up

thermostat housing off

cleaned up

snotted up

and back together

i then though id give my l piece a tidy up so i sprayed the whole thing black carefully did the red and silver lettering with hammerite and a paint brush and then heavily laquered so it looks smooth im happy with it just need to paint the rocker and cambelt covers now

also thought while im in the engine bay ill give it a good clean and also moved some wiring loom and hoses and re routed them to tidy it up a bit heres some piks after iv finished it

i then had a root through my shed of bits and came across this so it had to be fitted

quick bit of solvol autosol then fitted with new piks ......

i then dug these out its about time they got fitted

clocks at night

hids fitted

they dont look very blue there because it was still sunny but there 8k hi and low beams with slimline ballasts

finally i washed it applied 2 servings or super resin polish followed by auto glym showroom shine wax ready for the winter weather and i also greased up all the boot and door locks and hinges

SHINYYYY

and a quick one of the interior

just waiting for my gsi front splitter to come so i can fit that

also waiting for gsi rear lights and the gsi reg plate panel as im going to bond it into place and fit the reg where it should be so it looks more original from the rear, going for the semi smooth rather than fully smooth as with the reg panel itll only be the badge and wiper hole that are smooth

anyway thats it for today

[Edited on 15-10-2011 by --ToM--]

[Edited on 18-10-2011 by --ToM--]

[Edited on 21-10-2011 by --ToM--]

[Edited on 30-10-2011 by --ToM--]
Kieran
Premium Member

15th Oct 11 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oww I like that portable ramps are cool to!
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

15th Oct 11 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks well dude!!

How much was ramp?

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
--ToM--

15th Oct 11 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate erm was £1100 inc vat and delivery it works of compressed air but if you wanted one for home use in a garage etc they also do mains powered ones, doesnt go as high as a 2 poster but for doing brakes and things like that its so handy i got it so messy jobs can be done outside to keep the workshop floor clean and also for undersealing and steam cleaning

[Edited on 15-10-2011 by --ToM--]
Jambo

15th Oct 11 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

White wheels are horrific. The rest is nice thugh

Bet it shifts too!
--ToM--

15th Oct 11 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know mate tell me about it but fortunately the lad i got it off had just had them freshly refurbed that colour so no damage or marks so i can literally give them a quick rub down and im doing them ford graphite grey

aye mate it goes ok
Liam

15th Oct 11 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That ramp is amazing!
SeanXE

15th Oct 11 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it!
taylorboosh

15th Oct 11 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ramp is wanking material
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Oct 11 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anthracite wheels, black mesh or better grille for front bumper and rear plate in standard place and you have yourself a stunning car
Darrell16v

15th Oct 11 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take the chicken wire out of the bumper.

Looks great though
--ToM--

15th Oct 11 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheels are going to be done in the next few weeks hopefully i cant wait as itll transform the car white looks so gash!

iv made myself a new rear reg plate in work allready im just waiting for the boot panel to turn up in the post along with my gsi front splitter and gsi rear lights

im also waiting for my morrettes to turn up which come as one piece with a grille but im not sure if i like them ill post piks when it gets here,

what do you think of black mest top and bottom so the intercoolers not so "in your face"
taylorboosh

15th Oct 11 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All well and good mate but... fuck me that ramp... Pics of that
--ToM--

15th Oct 11 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you honestly want me to get some more piks of the ramp on monday lol? because i can if you want i could even do a ramp project thread
taylorboosh

15th Oct 11 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes please.. it looks like warrens but portable
--ToM--

15th Oct 11 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will do then mate ill get some piks on monday theres a few different types you can buy etc but its great for low cars as when its down you just drive over set the rubber bits up and up it goes
JamesMc

16th Oct 11 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want one of these so badly, yours looks great!

Also john-d has a point the ramp is awsomo! i want one too
taylorboosh

16th Oct 11 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks tom
kennySRi

16th Oct 11 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not too keen on the car although it does look clean but that ramp is quite a neat thing. Would love one of them in my garage! If they were a little bit cheaper i would probably get one.
taylorboosh

16th Oct 11 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What safety device is there to stop the ramp failing and falling on you?
--ToM--

16th Oct 11 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you look in the picture either side of the main ram there are 2 metal bars and if you look at the blue flat part of the ramp as the ramp goes up the bars go with it and there are little notches at the bottom of the ramp for the bars to lock off into, then when you lower the ramp a spring pops them out of the locators so it will then drop safely
Jed D

16th Oct 11 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look as fk
Jambo

16th Oct 11 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was going to suggest grey/anthra. Will look spot on then
--ToM--

16th Oct 11 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also looking at buying some cavalier 4x4 turbo leathers as think black will be nicer than the cream/white hmmm...
--ToM--

18th Oct 11 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*********UPDATE***********

Well yesterday i came home to 2 parcels

and here they are

dont like them dont think they suit my car so im going to sell them i think.........

next parcel was this much needed item....

so on my lunch today i fitted it and took a few more snaps of the car

then thought id put my car to shame and park this beast next to it for a couple more piks, this is a customers track car were working on

and finally got home to find tommorows lunch time project parts had arrived

thats all for now

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » --ToM--'s Mk3 Astra GSI project thread ***GASH wheels sorted*** 24 database queries in 0.0155520 seconds