corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Problem with car less than 24 hours after purchasing...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Problem with car less than 24 hours after purchasing...
kz

User status: Offline
3rd Nov 11 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi bought a 4 year old Fiesta with mum last week, had a short test drive everything seemed okay. After a longer drive the night of buying it I noticed the steering wheel isn't aligned properly (it's not really the tracking, as it isn't pulling) basically you have to hold the wheel about an inch to the left to get the car going in a straight line.

Phoned garage and told them and they said no problem drop it off and they will have a look... which they did, but tbh, they've made it slightly worse. Now he did warn me it has to be done in 'stages' as you can over-align it!? But I can't see what doing it again is really going to do.

If it can't get sorted, do I have any come back? It came with a 6 month warranty but, it's piss poor and only covers engine components etc. just wondering if I should ask for a bit of money back or are they well within their rights just to tell me to sod off... thanks.
Generation

3rd Nov 11 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could of just had wheel
Removed and not put on straight. That's why tracking still fine
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Nov 11 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

load of shit have to do it in stages

you have every right to take it back for a full refund if you wish
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

3rd Nov 11 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it back, get a courtesy car until its sorted!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
corsa-sxi

3rd Nov 11 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont take the wheel off, get it properly aligned, just a small adjustment makes a lot of difference
CORSA NUT

3rd Nov 11 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Err no you don't...if they do everything in there power to sort the problem there in there rights.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Nov 11 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Your right to reject a second hand car

If there's a problem with a second hand car soon after you’ve bought it, for example, the car develops a problem you wouldn’t expect for the car’s age and mileage, or it turns out to be not what you’d been lead to expect, you may have the right to ‘reject’ the car and get your money back.

However, you have only a ‘reasonable’ time to reject a second hand car. There’s no clear definition of what a reasonable time is – you probably need to do it within three or four weeks of buying it. And if the fault is very obvious you may have less time.

If you reject a second hand car you must stop using it.
gavin18787
Premium Member

3rd Nov 11 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could still be tracking if its not pulling just means when they adjusted it up last the wheel may not have been central

Simple easy fix just speak to them and see what they say

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
3rd Nov 11 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tracking being out wouldn't always result in it pulling plus on higher profile tyres it wouldn't be as apparent.

Might want to do it in stages because they don't have the gear to do it so they're just winding a few turns on each time you go in without actually measuring anything.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Nov 11 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol thats fucking retarded if they are will cost them 20 quid to get it done properly
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Nov 11 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Costs them nothing to give the track rod a few spins every time you drive in there.
kz

3rd Nov 11 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the replies so far... I'm going to take it in again soon, as they already said they would need to do it at least one more time, so fingers crossed maybe it will come out better the second time around!
Jake

3rd Nov 11 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get them to lock the steering wheel in a central position before they readjust
CORSA NUT

3rd Nov 11 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Your right to reject a second hand car

If there's a problem with a second hand car soon after you’ve bought it, for example, the car develops a problem you wouldn’t expect for the car’s age and mileage, or it turns out to be not what you’d been lead to expect, you may have the right to ‘reject’ the car and get your money back.

However, you have only a ‘reasonable’ time to reject a second hand car. There’s no clear definition of what a reasonable time is – you probably need to do it within three or four weeks of buying it. And if the fault is very obvious you may have less time.

If you reject a second hand car you must stop using it.

You MAY have the right to reject. That's were the bit I'm talking about steps in to fuk you over!

Also were is that pasted from?? you PROBABLY need to do this in 3 to 4 weeks??

[Edited on 03-11-2011 by CORSA NUT]
Toby
Premium Member

4th Nov 11 at 06:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nit a lot you can do about it mate. The MK6 fiesta is notorious for it. When they tracked mine up it was almost an inch out. In the end I asked for a bit of a compromise, tracking slighty out and wheel slighty straight. I will dig a pick out
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Nov 11 at 07:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't reject because it needs the tracking doing.
morpheus22

4th Nov 11 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u brett
Daveskater
Premium Member

4th Nov 11 at 08:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask them if they will reimburse you if you get it tracked somewhere else so it's done properly.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Robin
Premium Member

4th Nov 11 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tracking doesn't make it pull.

It will just need the tracking
Sam
Premium Member

4th Nov 11 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like tracking, but are the tyres on each axle the same make/tread pattern/tyre pressure etc.?

Sometimes (in my experience) things like that cause what on first glance seem like tracking problems.

For peace of mind though, get it laser tracked.
ed

4th Nov 11 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You have to give them a reasonable chance to repair the issue before you are entitled a refund. If they think it should be done in stages then I guess it would be classed as 'giving them a reasonable chance' to try a couple of times to fix it.
ed

4th Nov 11 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
It's sold as seen

Sold as seen doesn't exist if you buy it from a garage, dealership or retailer - It has to be fit for purpose.
baza31

4th Nov 11 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some people on here talk crap .why take it back for a refund for something so simple? . Of course the wheel is to do with tracking , you get steering wheel straight then track from there , wheels can be perfect but steering wheel still can be out . True it's an easy job IF you have the correct gear I.e laser or even old mirror tracking. It's sold as seen nothing mechanically wrong . Why didn't you notice when test driving? Id do what someone's said get it tracked properly and bring them invoice . If I was them I'd pay to keep you the customer happy .
baza31

4th Nov 11 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
Originally posted by baza31
It's sold as seen

Sold as seen doesn't exist if you buy it from a garage, dealership or retailer - It has to be fit for purpose.

It is fit for purpose nothing wrong with car . Steering wheel been not centred wouldn't be unfit . If it passes an Mot it's fit for purpose . I'd put tracking to wear and tear . Curbed potholes etc . There is no need for it to be blown out of proportion . Ring garage ask them 1st tell them it's not right and will they cover the £20 to laser track . I don't think they will say no
Whittie

4th Nov 11 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you asked Brett off here?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Problem with car less than 24 hours after purchasing... 23 database queries in 0.1121702 seconds