corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Career

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Career
Christopher

User status: Offline
6th Nov 11 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How does everyone know what they want to do?!
Im 19 soon and still have no major aspirations in life! Obviously i dont want to be a bum
Ive been in catering for 3 years now only got it part time whilst im at college but dont like that very much any more and dont think i want to persue what im studying in college!
How did you guys get all your jobs?
Did you want to do what your working as now?
Have any of you had late inclings later on as of what you want to do?

:/
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Nov 11 at 00:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fell in to teaching 12 years ago then left it 3 months ago.

Did find it fairly easy and enjoyable which is mostly what kept me there.
mike56gte

6th Nov 11 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am going to to my safety coarses soon and am going to work off shore. been wanting to do it for a couple years now and finally going to do it.

oh and i am 21

[Edited on 06-11-2011 by mike56gte]
Christopher

6th Nov 11 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I fell in to teaching 12 years ago then left it 3 months ago.

Did find it fairly easy and enjoyable which is mostly what kept me there.

Really? What did you teach ian?
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Nov 11 at 00:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Web design in the early days then moved in to database stuff and a bit of project management, post 16 so anyone no longer in compulsory education, sixth form / A level type of thing although I was on vocational quals.

[Edited on 06-11-2011 by Ian]
CorsAsh

6th Nov 11 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always knew what I wanted to do, met an old friend from primary school who said they weren't surprised to hear what I do for a living as I was "always drawing cars".

I guess I'm lucky in that respect, never really seriously considered anything else as a career.
mike56gte

6th Nov 11 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
I always knew what I wanted to do, met an old friend from primary school who said they weren't surprised to hear what I do for a living as I was "always drawing cars".

I guess I'm lucky in that respect, never really seriously considered anything else as a career. [/quote

what exactly do you do? obviuosly some sort of design work i know. just intrested
CorsAsh

6th Nov 11 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm head of one of the departments that designs and models new exterior lighting concepts for Audi. Also did some exterior work for Lambo over the past couple of years.
N3CRO

6th Nov 11 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I knew from the age of about 14 what I wanted to do. It just never happened unfortunatly.
mike56gte

6th Nov 11 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm head of one of the departments that designs and models new exterior lighting concepts for Audi. Also did some exterior work for Lambo over the past couple of years.

thats what i always wanted to do from the hole time i was in secondary school. and tbh thats what everyone thought i would do. all i ever drew was car and without sounding big head was actually pretty good. lol did advanced highers in technical drawing and art. then left school and was a joiner
CorsAsh

6th Nov 11 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
I knew from the age of about 14 what I wanted to do. It just never happened unfortunatly.
What was that then?

I had people telling me all the time that car design was too competitive and I should lower my sights. Nothing else fits to me so well though, so I persevered and got where I wanted.
N3CRO

6th Nov 11 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
What was that then?

I had people telling me all the time that car design was too competitive and I should lower my sights. Nothing else fits to me so well though, so I persevered and got where I wanted.

Wanted to be a PC engineer. Went to college, gots some qualifications and that. Life just didn't work out how I planned and it never happened.
CorsAsh

6th Nov 11 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike56gte
quote:

thats what i always wanted to do from the hole time i was in secondary school. and tbh thats what everyone thought i would do. all i ever drew was car and without sounding big head was actually pretty good. lol did advanced highers in technical drawing and art. then left school and was a joiner

I thought I was good til I went to study at Coventry I work in 3D now, my sketchwork is nowhere near the level of our design guys. But in the time it took them to sketch a wheel design for example, I'd made a full 3D computer model

I kinda knew I'd never be happy til I was where I am now. I had other jobs but never enjoyed working like I do now.
mike56gte

6th Nov 11 at 01:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mike56gte
quote:

I thought I was good til I went to study at Coventry I work in 3D now, my sketchwork is nowhere near the level of our design guys. But in the time it took them to sketch a wheel design for example, I'd made a full 3D computer model

I kinda knew I'd never be happy til I was where I am now. I had other jobs but never enjoyed working like I do now.

oh i know i was by no means the best but definetly had a talent and was really a passion of mine. i used to spend hours/days designing new cars. and pretty much told my self that designing cars was what i wanted to do. then just sort of stopped left school became a joiner and really havent drawn anything in years (since school really) crazy how things change so quick.

really do wish i had stuck at it.

[Edited on 06-11-2011 by mike56gte]
Gary
Premium Member

6th Nov 11 at 02:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still don't know what I want to do at 25
Russ

6th Nov 11 at 06:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same as Gary at 27.

Work for NHS and Ivan moving up the chain, still not sure what I'd like to do though. Anything where I earn good money and have a job that I enjoy.
Aaron

6th Nov 11 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fell into ICT support when I was 17. I had no idea what I wanted to do, and I had no real interest in computers when in was that age. However, 11 years later, I've risen upna few ranks, and I'm in quite a well paid job....however, I work with wankers, and I don't like it. Our company are laying people off next week, and it might include me. If it does, I want to try my hand at something totally different.
harrisp

6th Nov 11 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same as Russ and Gary but at 21, currently fitting ventilation systems but can't see me doing this for the rest of my life.
AlunJ

6th Nov 11 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I decided at about 12 I wanted to be a train driver and that's how I ended up on the railway at 18, 4 years on I'm not quite at the dream job yet
Kind of wished I'd gone to uni and studied forensic computing but at the time I didn't know what I would have studied. I did start doing an open uni ict course but I didn't enjoy that.

[Edited on 06-11-2011 by AlunJ]
Conway563

6th Nov 11 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Same as Gary at 27.

+1
Carl

6th Nov 11 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Same as Gary at 27.

+1

Same. Is like something that would enable me to emigrate to warmer climates.
Eddx14xe

6th Nov 11 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trained as an electrician and plumber. Got qualified to level 2 in both trades, now cant find an apprenticeship or anything to further my education/work experience. Dont really know what i want to do tbh, i've taken up scuba diving so im doing my PADI in december. I wouldnt mind being an instructor or something for that. It will take a few years to gain the experience and qualifcations to do that though. I'm 21 in december.
Cavey

6th Nov 11 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been working since 15, and now i'm 28 I still don't know what I want to do.

I'm a postman at the moment, which has advantages, but it's a dead end job.

Only thing I really would want to do would involve animals, but the pay is awful with it, and I can't afford to drop 20% of my wage at this moment in time
Ben G

6th Nov 11 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How did you guys get all your jobs?

my dad works at ford and told me to apply for a job there.

Did you want to do what your working as now?

no, i always wanted to be an architect since a very young age but i didn't want to go to uni so that idea fell through.

Have any of you had late inclings later on as of what you want to do?

i would like to progress into something towards design of engine/cars in ford later on in life.

Russ

6th Nov 11 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
I'm a postman at the moment, which has advantages, but it's a dead end job.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Career 22 database queries in 0.2563040 seconds