corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Accident Advice: Supermarket Car Park

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Accident Advice: Supermarket Car Park
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Nov 11 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some old biddy has driven into and down the elngth of my sister's golf; from the phonecall it sounds like new rear 1/4 panel and door is required. The 'incident' happened on a supermarket car park, no note on the screen but when she started investigating, the car parked next to her had black paint along the corner of the bumper matching the car and at the same height as the damage caused.

Old woman came back, said it wasn't her but has given her name, address and details to my sister and Dad.

When she went to leave, she opened her car door and smacked it into my sister's car infront of her which ensued an argument in which the old woman said she had to do that because she'd had a double hip replacement and needed the room. Dad followed her home to check the address that was given and on the way, she hit 2 cars parked at the side of the road.

My sister's only just returned from living abroad and as she's got 0 ncd, she's terrified of her already extortionate premium going up more next year. The woman hasn't accepted liability and Nic is worried she's going to have to pay out of her own pocket for damage that at a bodyshop I would estimate at being £1000 or thereabouts.

Where does she stand? She has photos of the damage to both cars etc.
Ben J

16th Nov 11 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CCTV?
RichR
Premium Member

16th Nov 11 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, only a stills camera which takes a photo as you enter and as you leave the car park to check you haven't overstayed.

My sister works in the supermarket so had been there since 6.20am this morning, the old dear ahs even said that her car wasn;t parked there when she arrived and the sapce was empty
Neil

16th Nov 11 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has your dad reported the 2 cars she hit, I'm assuming she didn't stop.
RichR
Premium Member

16th Nov 11 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't know, just seen that bit on her fb
LeeM

16th Nov 11 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try and get the pics of both cars going in and out, if the old dear is saying she didnt do it because your sisters car wasnt there when she parked up, and she can show that she arrived well before oldie then she can prove shes lying
FlamingCorsa

16th Nov 11 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats sounds shocking, her cars must be wrecked after crashing into so many cars so regulary! sound like she need licence taking off her! i would ring police an hope u get someone helpfull to follow things up, also leave notes on cars that she hit on way back, the more people complaining about one driver more chance police will follow things up surely!
Brett
Premium Member

16th Nov 11 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Old people are such wankers tbh
Gary
Premium Member

16th Nov 11 at 14:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Old people are such wankers tbh
RichR
Premium Member

16th Nov 11 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
some old nissan that looked like shes crashed into about ten million cars, half a wing-mirror missing etc...........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
pow
Premium Member

16th Nov 11 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the police involved
Phil W

16th Nov 11 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Police? What are they going to do about a car park bump? (2 other cars, fair enough!)

I'm afraid car park stuff is usually quite clear cut, unless the offending party accepts liability it will probably end up 50/50.

Did she take pictures of the damage and the cars in situ?
adiohead

16th Nov 11 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sue the bitch
RichR
Premium Member

16th Nov 11 at 15:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Phil W
Did she take pictures of the damage and the cars in situ?

yes
Jake

16th Nov 11 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking go round her house and knock her out
RichR
Premium Member

16th Nov 11 at 15:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seriosuly though, if it goes 50/50, which I assume it will and my sister opts to just pay for the repairs. What legal ways are there of exacting revenge on the bint?

We know where she lives and we know how poor her driving is so would the police do anything if we followed her round for a day filming her terrible driving

[Edited on 16-11-2011 by LiVe LeE]
DAZ1985

16th Nov 11 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
try and get the pics of both cars going in and out, if the old dear is saying she didnt do it because your sisters car wasnt there when she parked up, and she can show that she arrived well before oldie then she can prove shes lying

That doesn't prove she did it though
Steve
Premium Member

16th Nov 11 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurers dont make the decision, you are paying them, you are the customer and its your choice wether you want to accept 50/50 or not

[Edited on 16-11-2011 by Steve]
RichR
Premium Member

16th Nov 11 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the likelyhood is a 50/50 claim, thus affecting her policy next year (and for the 4 after that plus whether she claims or not, they will have at that point been notified that an accident occurred) and having to pay her own excess, it won't be justifiable to claim
Brett
Premium Member

16th Nov 11 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How annoying is insurance these days, people scared to make legitimate claims even when it's not their fault because the insurance company will still butt fuck you anyway A guy hit me not so long ago and I didn't make a claim for that very reason. It needs sorting.
Adster

16th Nov 11 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not just insurance companys though. Its people who do the crash for cash schemes claiming whiplash from an accident.

Annoyingly, i've been involved in one :/ and the guys claimed for whiplash from slamming on as they set off from a junction for me to lightly tap the back of his passat causing a small scratch and f***ing my bonnet :/
LeeM

16th Nov 11 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Insurers dont make the decision, you are paying them, you are the customer and its your choice wether you want to accept 50/50 or not

[Edited on 16-11-2011 by Steve]

look up subrogation rights, insurers do make the decision
Jed D

16th Nov 11 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
no, only a stills camera which takes a photo as you enter and as you leave the car park to check you haven't overstayed.

My sister works in the supermarket so had been there since 6.20am this morning, the old dear ahs even said that her car wasn;t parked there when she arrived and the sapce was empty

not sure if this has already been said but..
go through the old codgers insurance.... you'll be able to get proof the car was there from her clocking in/punch details, also the pics taken as you enter... dont mention your doing that to the old woman and see if she slips up and says it wasn't even there. then the insurance will know shes a shitter

this type of thing makes me sick, she shouldn't be driving

edit, she not got a staff car park? i work in a supermarket and always park in the staff one because supermarket car parks are shocking... even sometimes when i go to do my shopping, if there isnt a parent/child space il go in the staff (got child)

you say she hit more cars on the way home? what have the owners said about that?

[Edited on 16-11-2011 by Jed D]
MarkM

16th Nov 11 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurers foot the bill as ultimately they are RTA insurer so of course they make the decisions.
Chris
Premium Member

16th Nov 11 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Report to the fuzz, the other two people are going to be pissed when they see their cars.

That could be someones kid or wife she hits next time, get her off the road.

Forensics will show her paint your car, just say she drove over your foot, then it becomes ABH with a deadly weapon.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Accident Advice: Supermarket Car Park 22 database queries in 0.0154788 seconds