corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » question about your car hobby

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author question about your car hobby
Jed D

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 11 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do your loved ones/family think about it?
Edges 58

3rd Dec 11 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hate it, gf hates how i spend all my money on it and the rents hate how im putting an XE in
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Dec 11 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Dad actually talked me into trading in a boring spec civic for a CTR even though I'd only owned the boring one for 3 months, and my GF is pretty chuffed with the splitters I've ordered for it - and she wants me to refurb the wheels black, which I'm not keen on - but shows she doesn't mind me dumping cash into it!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
antnee

3rd Dec 11 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GF puts up with it, dad is fine as he was the same (but to a lesser extent) and mum puts up with it cos of my dad

Although my mum hates my current car, cos of the buckets and harnesses

[Edited on 03-12-2011 by antnee]
Jambo

3rd Dec 11 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish I wasn't afflicted basically. Mrs Jambo hates it
Generation

3rd Dec 11 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gf is awesome about it, has her own modded Corsa herself, knows people at the meets etc.
Dads a mechanic his cool, but constantly nags me about it being so low.
Mum doesn't mine, she's knows it makes me happy so doesn't mind
dewismotorsport

3rd Dec 11 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mrs hates the car and the noise it makes and goes mental when i go fast cause she shits herself. She has no idea how much i spend on it though, if she did we wouldn't be together :-)
Jed D

3rd Dec 11 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my lass doesn't really approve of it much tbh

my 3 year old daughter likes it for aslong as a 3 year olds attention span lasts

my dad hates it, i means seriously hates it yet he's just the same with his motorbikes
Toby
Premium Member

3rd Dec 11 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ex mrs loved it, has her own cooper s. current mrs isnt bothered about cars but doesnt bother me about it either
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

3rd Dec 11 at 22:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parents were bothered how much I used to spend but always knew wasn't being pissed up against a wall etc.

GF doesn't seem to mind it but her family have always been into Motorcross so shes kinda used to it!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Paul_JC

3rd Dec 11 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mum find it fascinating and seems to like it.
Dad seems alright
Fiance is a car nut too with her saxo on hydros
big eck

3rd Dec 11 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My wife loves it purely because she drives the car 80% of the time and she's a total poser
Christopher

3rd Dec 11 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mrs hates it and have to hide it when I spend more money on the car, dad doesnt see the point as there is no profit in it and no one else is too fussed really
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

3rd Dec 11 at 22:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad loves the car but whenever i spend on it he'll say why do you need to spend on it, then when it's on car he's like yea that looks good.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
BarnshaW

3rd Dec 11 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

parents love it , they joke about how much i spend on my car
Jed D

3rd Dec 11 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
My dad loves the car but whenever i spend on it he'll say why do you need to spend on it, then when it's on car he's like yea that looks good.

although my dad hates it he always questions why im buying whatever part for and do i need it for.
i always refer to the faded anodized red bolts he bought for the busa, 'do you really need pink bolts dad, do they really make it go faster or even still look good, im sure barbie had a bit of style rite?'
shaunmods
Premium Member

3rd Dec 11 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mum and dad gave up trying to get me to stop spending my money on it years ago lol. My dads a big petrol head too though so hes been involved in a lot of it like the engine conversion, rebuild etc so had quite a bit of support

[Edited on 03-12-2011 by shaunmods]
Jed D

3rd Dec 11 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Mum and dad gave up trying to get me to stop spending my money on it years ago lol.
[Edited on 03-12-2011 by shaunmods]

should leave your car at a mates, lye on the floor with a fake needle hanging out your arm and see if they still mind then hahaha well worth every penny mate..

not just Shaun, there's a lot of minters on here

respect
Bonney

3rd Dec 11 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive given up now. My Dad is trying to get me to do stuff to the Lexus but now I cant be bothered. Keeps saying I should get bigger wheels and drop it but I just cant be bothered!
vx-scottw
Premium Member

3rd Dec 11 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mum aint arsed aslong im out of way my dad is jelus because i spend too much time and hates it when i buy any little thing + he never really notice what i do on it even when i lowered my old be taken him 3 months nearly
Kieran
Premium Member

3rd Dec 11 at 22:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dad don't see the point, mum similar but not as bad, missies loves it but gets upset somtimes when all my money and time go's into it lol.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

3rd Dec 11 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My parents used to moan quite a lot, whenever I was buying anything on my old Corsa, they'd question it. They'd rarely get in it, infact my Mum never went in it after I fitted my buckets, which was back in '08. Nowadays they don't bother though, my mum told me to get a rollcage after I crashed my old Corsa, I was already planning to anyway s since I bought that she's just left me to it but then they've only seen my track car once so it may be more of a case of out of sight, out of mind. Either that or they're just happy I'm keeping my fast driving to the track now rather than going back road hunting in the Corsa. I've never had a missus to nag me about it

[Edited on 03-12-2011 by Mike B]
Crana

3rd Dec 11 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My gf wont go out in the let corsa, started to cry last time ;\ has a corsa c and wont let me near it

my mam hates anything that goes over 50mph and my dont really care what my dad thinks to be honest, people at work think im a freak for owning 3 corsa's and take the piss out of me saying there no such thing as a 2.0 corsa ect
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

3rd Dec 11 at 23:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm always getting stick at work for owning a corsa :/

But i love it.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Crana

3rd Dec 11 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
I'm always getting stick at work for owning a corsa :/

But i love it.

I get called corsa boy 24/7

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » question about your car hobby 23 database queries in 0.0158131 seconds