corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Some right dodgy people out there

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Some right dodgy people out there
big eck

User status: Offline
4th Jan 12 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THIS WAS POSTED ON ANOTHER FORUM, not by meself.

Word of warning!!!
by MARK IBIZA FR » Tue Jan 03, 2012 92 pm

Heres something i read on another forum just thought id repost it on here.

I was on the M4 Westbound on the way home from SCC Performance in St Albans on Wednesday. I was aware of a silver Volvo S40 on a 58 plate that appeared to be following me for sometime. It matched my lane changes and overtakes and sat behind at the same distance the whole time. Naturally I thought it might be the rozzers, so took it carefully. After nearly half an hour I got suspicious so overtook a few cars then dropped to lane 1, slowing right down to force him to pass. He had a real good long look at me, as did I at him. It didn't look like a copper, no uniform, dodgy looking geezer etc. So I overtook again and hoped to carry on my way having made it clear I had clocked him.

Again he stuck with me, matching my every move. This continued for a few more minutes before approaching an exit, he started flashing his headlights and indicating me to pull off the motorway. I carried on, he flashed again and then turned on some blue and red "wig-wag style" strobes which were mounted on his dashboard. I shat myself for a moment, but it just didn't look right. Also there was no siren, no blues mounted behind grille, no "wig-wag" flashing headlights etc, so I didn't stop and passed the exit.

The flashing and blues stopped and he sat behind me again matching my movements like before. I was already pretty sure it wasn't a copper, so I managed to drop behind him again, even though I had to slow to 30 mph until he eventually passed, and I dialled 999 and spoke to the police giving them the car reg. After all, if it was a copper, I didn't wanna get done for failing to stop. They confirmed that the car was NOT a police car and not to stop, so I carried on as they spoke to officers to inform them of the situation.

My turn off came and sure enough he followed even though I didn't signal and exited at last minute. Approaching Bristol I came to traffic lights and he pulled alongside close to my car with his window down and gestured me to pull over, flashing a warrant badge at me. In no uncertain terms I informed said dodgy geezer that he could jog on if he thought I was going to stop as I was on the phone to the police control centre who informed me the car was not a police vehicle. Needless to say he didn't hang around long, nor the other car which I hadn't noticed before who seemed to be tagging along behind him, never saw him again after that.

For me it was not that big a deal, I clocked him early on. If this was someone more vulnerable and trusting, it could have got nasty. It was pretty obvious they were more interested in the car than anything else, but still.

So beware people and if ever in doubt, don't stop, simply dial 999 and inform them you have been indicated to stop but you believe it may not be a real police vehicle. They will check on the spot if you provide them a reg. If it is a copper, you won't get in trouble as long as you drive appropriately, as your call will be logged showing you were unsure if it was really police or not.

Just thought id let u all know, just make sure you check if you have any doubts.
richc

4th Jan 12 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What car does he drive (assuming ibiza)?
big eck

4th Jan 12 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think so. Doesn't really matter what car your driving tho lol.
Anty
Premium Member

4th Jan 12 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good thing he rang the police.. .. personaly i would have asked for police assitance and have him pulled over
richc

4th Jan 12 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck

Well yes. Because even if it was an 'fr'...is it really worth driving 30 plus minutes - on a motorway will cover a good distance in this time....just for the car (as he claims).
Gary
Premium Member

4th Jan 12 at 22:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I wouldn't drive for 30 min for a free car either
big eck

4th Jan 12 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:

Well yes. Because even if it was an 'fr'...is it really worth driving 30 plus minutes - on a motorway will cover a good distance in this time....just for the car (as he claims).

What a stupid comment lol. Who ever they were that wanted the car could have wanted it for any thing from parts to a ram raid. It doesn't matter what so ever what make it is.
Ojc

4th Jan 12 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure I've read this before in like 2002
big eck

4th Jan 12 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No idea mate. Just copied it from another site.
--ToM--

4th Jan 12 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he rang 999 whilst driving naughty naughty
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

4th Jan 12 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's wrong with using a handsfree kit?
Bobber123

4th Jan 12 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not illegal to use hands free in a car is it, as long as he didnt have the phone held to his ear. you can still get points if your on a hands free if your driving without due care and attention as far as im aware
big eck

4th Jan 12 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pmsl this place is a fuckin joke sometimes. The guy nearly got car jacked and all you lot bleat on about is how he phoned the cops while driving to report it. I think they would let him off under these circumstances.
SportBoy

4th Jan 12 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hope he had his seatbelt on while he was talking on his phone
Paul_J

4th Jan 12 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Pmsl this place is a fuckin joke sometimes. The guy nearly got car jacked and all you lot bleat on about is how he phoned the cops while driving to report it. I think they would let him off under these circumstances.

Tell me about it! Who cares if he used a hands free kit
AndyCorsaSport

4th Jan 12 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
THIS WAS POSTED ON ANOTHER FORUM, not by meself.

if ever in doubt, don't stop, simply dial 999 and inform them you have been indicated to stop but you believe it may not be a real police vehicle. They will check on the spot if you provide them a reg. If it is a copper, you won't get in trouble as long as you drive appropriately, as your call will be logged showing you were unsure if it was really police or not

Strange if it's true, it's too easy to get cars stolen from houses, rather than car jacking.

[Edited on 04-01-2012 by AndyCorsaSport]
Ben G

4th Jan 12 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can ring 999 while driving if you feel threatened or if its an emergency.

[Edited on 04-01-2012 by Ben G]
Jake

4th Jan 12 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you ring the hospital if an ambulance is trying to get past but you are unsure if its a real one
Dave

4th Jan 12 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any news on whether or not the car was taxed tested and insured?
richc

4th Jan 12 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nearly got car jacked?

A car followed him at a set distance - thats it.
Generation

5th Jan 12 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say was nearly a car jacking. Trying to persuade him to pull over.
Not sure why you bothered postin tbh mate. I found it very interesting and I understand you thougt you was helping people. Unless your an elite member, nobody takes it serious
Nath

5th Jan 12 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
I'd say was nearly a car jacking. Trying to persuade him to pull over.
Not sure why you bothered postin tbh mate. I found it very interesting and I understand you thougt you was helping people. Unless your an elite member, nobody takes it serious

Ben J

5th Jan 12 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definatley sounds like an attempted jacking to me. If he'd have pulled over who knows what would have happened. He did the right thing. You can also drive to a nearby police station if unsure about a police car trying to pull you over, but ringing cops is best option.

About 3 years back I was a traffic lights in Manc centre at around midnight and a black Beemer pulled up behind flashing headlights. Then 2 geezers got out and headed towards my car so I shot off through red lights and blitzed home. Could have been innocent but didn't want to take chance.
pow
Premium Member

5th Jan 12 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben G is right, you can be holding a phone to your ear for emergancy situations
John

5th Jan 12 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a made up story.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Some right dodgy people out there 22 database queries in 0.0084741 seconds